1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The Hall of Players

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Hall of Fame Discussion' started by Seraiel, Apr 30, 2015.

1. Noble Zarkon

Noble Zarkon Elite Quattromaster - Emperor (BTS) Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

2. Qactus

Qactus Romani ite domum

Yesterday I rolled a HOF map which I hadn't done in years. Let Mapfinder loose just while cooking and eating, so maybe for an hour. Came back, checked and got this beauty:
    Spoiler Capital :
    Civ4ScreenShot0060.JPG

Even better, I had events on and got assigned the Chariot quest. With Egypt :crazyeye: :egypt:

So, while I usually do the opposite of HOF play. i.e. roll for the ugliest starts and try to make the most out of them, once in a while playing these power starts feels really good.

Noble Zarkon likes this.
  3. elitetroops

elitetroops Deity

Very nice start!

Question is, with that map and chariot quest, why are there AI still alive? :huh: :satan:

Qactus and Noble Zarkon like this.
  4. Qactus

Qactus Romani ite domum

That's a fair point, but I had my mind set on a Cultural Victory early on. Also went for max opponents, so conquest would have taken longer than necessary.
    Still used a horde of War Chariots to claim everything I needed though. I just gave them a very culture-specific shopping list (religions, juicy GP farm, cathedral ressources, etc.)

Noble Zarkon likes this.
  5. Pangaea

Pangaea Rock N Roller

Sent you a PM a little while back, but looks like you haven't logged on for a month. I hope you pop back in here for some games. Would be great to have you back on the Civ4 train :)

6. Seraiel

Seraiel Deity

I' m in need of freshening up My knowledge, just why wasn' t it possible to found Corporations when having the GP + the Resource? :crazyeye:

Era Future so I do have the Techs.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2021 at 2:23 PM
  7. Qactus

Qactus Romani ite domum

You're running State Property, as can be seen from your watermill tile yield. That deactivates corps until you switch civics

Seraiel likes this.
  8. Conquistador 63

Conquistador 63 Deity

Are you running the right civics (not State Property)? (crosspost)

Seraiel likes this.
  9. Seraiel

Seraiel Deity