The History of Humanity-The Lost Stories

The Number Pi

Irrational Number
This story will be similar to my other story The History of Humanity.

It will by shorter, but I will try to offset this through some characters and dialogue, it will take place over a game in Rhye's and Fall of Civilization and Next War.

I will play as England until the American spawn, then switch to America.

The settings:

Spoiler :

There are a few small modifications to the game, but none are that significant. :mischief:

The British people, tired of the insecurity and wandering that followed the fall of the Roman Empire, finally united under a single leader. Centered around London, the Kingdom of Englandhad a bright futuer.

Spoiler :

The King: At last! A city! More importantly, a palace! Now, who are those people to the south?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spoiler :

Louis XIV: Hello. I look fowarde to peace between our nations, after all Rome is past, and we must cooperate to maintain order.

The English king and his advisors discussed the offer of peace at length, it was finally decided that war would only hurt the nation, so a treaty was agreed upon.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The King: I do not like them. Start preparing an army and navy, once we secure our home islands.
Minion:Yes, my king!

Spoiler :

Unity of the British Isles was progessing smoothly by this point. Settlers were moving to Ireland, Scotland had offered to join the English, and more nations came to the English court, hearing stories of the new nation to the north.
Spoiler :

Guard: More diplomats await you King!
The King: Tell them that England wants peace, i'm too busy preparing the military to answer in person.
Guard: Yes my King!

Each of the new nations that England encountered established a peace treaty. The nations were all young, none had the capacity or desire to fight at this point. This desire for peace gave the English the time they needed to build a military. The nation was less concerned about its people due to the violent nature of its king at this time.
Spoiler :

Willem van Oranje: Would you agree to this proposal King of England? It would benefit us all.
The King: *quickly hiding his war plans* Certainly! Trade will bring in more taxes! I need a new throne anyway. I mean... our two nations should work together in the coming years in order to become great!

Time passed uneventfully, until the emergence of the Dutch nation. The English king thought an ally or trading partner would be helpful in defeating the French, so an open-boarders trade agreement awas signed.
Spoiler :

Louis XIV: Give us what we want or prepare to be destroyed.
The King: HA! We will never give in to your demands! Also, we are prepared to be victorious!

The French, believing the English to be weak and defenseless, demanded a regular tribute of fish, which the English had in abundance. The English king refused, thinking it to be a perfect pretext to invade.

Is this style good? I am trying to include dialogue (that is slightly funny) combined with my more usual narration.

Spoiler :

Guard: My Lord, there is another leader who wishes to speak with you!
The King: Send him in. *hides war plans*
Peter: Hello king of England, I am the ruler of all Russia an-
The King: Do you want peace or war?
Peter: Seeing as our nations are too far away to fight one another, I suggest peace.
The King: Done.

Following the French demands of tribute, a new nation established contact with England. The Russians and English agreed to peaceful relations, and there was little contact between the two nations afterwards.
Spoiler :

Isabella: Spain demands half of your yearly fish catches as tribute.
The King: No, go away now. *scribbles "Spain" under France on a list*

After the Russian contact, the Spanish crown demanded a tribute of fish from England, the king refused, and it is said that this led to a plan to invade Spain once France had been conquered, others said that this plan existed all along and that the tribute demand was a simple pretext.
Spoiler :

Guard: There has been plague spotted in the Dutch nation! What should we do?
The King: Lock all the palace doors, let nobody in or out, have a foodtaster for me, stuff like that.
Guard: ... I meant for the citizens.
The King: Oh... uhhh evacuate the soldiers from the cities to keep them safe, and ummmmm... provide doctors to treat the sick? Yes, do that.

Due to the lack of a calander at tis time, we only know that there was a plague after the Spanish demands, we do not know exactely when. However, the open boarders agreement between the Dutch and English allowed the plague to spread easily. However, it did weaken the French forces, and this possibly helped the later English attack.
Spoiler :

*Guard enters*
The King: KEEP OUT! YOU'LL LET IN THE SICKNESS!!!!
*Guard exits, carring what seems to be an offer of surrendering the French crown to England, which he later loses*
Spoiler :

At the hight of the plague, the Viking civilization met the English. As the king was locked in his throne room, negociations of peace and trade were made by his advisors. Mostly because the Vikings were at war with the French, and an ally would be useful.
Spoiler :

The King: WOO! The plague is over! Now we invade France! CHARGE!!!
*the king's horse runs foward, the soldiers struggle to keep up, as they are on foot and many have the materials for siege equipment*

Once the plague had abated, the English king began his invasion of France. The army was landed in the Dutch lands to the east, it took the fleet many trips to get everyone across. The French military was severely weakened, and the invasion had a good chance of sucess, as shown by this fragment of the king's journal while on campaign:

WE WILL WIN! THE FRENCH STAND NO CHANCE! I write this as I wait for my lazy soldiers to catch up to me. Even with their low morale, we should win by weight of numbers.

Spoiler :

The King: I have taken Paris! The heart of the French Kingdom! For my victory feast I will have... fish.

The French capital was the first to fall to the English army. The large number of siege weapons suffered some casualties, and it was planned to lose most of them during the campaign. The King's Guard defeated many foes, but it was an attack from across the river to the north that won the city.
Spoiler :

The King: WOO! I am unstoppable! More fish! More fish!

The English army continued along the coast, eventually taking the port city of Rennes, allowing cavalry reinforcements to be brought in.Most of the French fleet was caught in harbor, and it was burned.
Spoiler :

Guard: My king, we have a great spy!
The King: Hold him in Ireland for a while, after all: how do I know he is not a double agent? How do I know he is not an assassin? How could I possibly know if his middle name is Bob?
Guard: ummmm, all right my king...

During the French War, a great spy came foward to offer his services to the king, he was delayed for some time before he could spy on anybody.
Spoiler :

Guard: My king, there are foreign leaders who wish to speak to you.
The King: Peace. For now. Busy. Killing prisoners.
Guard: As you wish.

More nations came to meet the English ruler, who was conquering an entire nation. He refused to meet them, becoming more insane and paranoid. Battle had made him scared.
Spoiler :

The King: BLOOD! I mean... victory!
Guard: My king, you are becoming insane! You must step down from the throne and let a sucessor rise up!
The King: Hahahaha! *he is delerious*
Guard: Ummm, my king, over that cliff is a sea of blood an-
The King: That cliff? WOO! *the insane king jumps off the cliff, and dies, an inglorious end, now The King II rules England*

With the city of Bordeaux being captured, the English king committed suicide. There were rumors of foul play, but he had become so intolerable that they were ignored. The King II was his sucessor. He was a more scholarly-minded individual, with plans to secure the new province under English control (either direct or indirect) and bring England to the front of science and commerce.
Spoiler :

The King II: As my forst royal decree, I will agree to peace with the French, and establish them as a vassal kingdom under English-
Messanger: My king! The French nation has fallen into anarchy! Also, there have been Dutch riots in Paris. What should we do?
The King II: Oh. In that case, we will conquer them, and bring orderly rule to them.
Messanger: And the Dutch my king?
The King II: *deep in thought and not listening* And we also shouldconquer the chaotic remnents of the French Kingdom too...

I laughed with this King. Great show and yeah Britain during a time period tried to control The Netherlands.

Looks nice. Around what date are you ? Since you don't seem to go for calendar, rather beelining astronomy... Will you try to win the american uhv ?

Looks nice. Around what date are you ? Since you don't seem to go for calendar, rather beelining astronomy... Will you try to win the american uhv ?

I'm in the 1200's or 1300's, I'm trying to make it so there are as few European cities in the Americas as possible.

I'm not going for the UHV, instead i'm trying for either a conquest/domination/diplomatic. If I get a time voctory forst, I will ignore it and fufill the conditions for another one. I will try for the 2/3 golden age (no colonies/build wonders)

Spoiler :

The King II: March! We will complete this conquest!

With the fall of the French government, there were still local leaders who defied English conquest. the English king led his army to conquer the remaining states, centered on Marseilles.
Spoiler :

The King II: What is that knight doing? He will be killed! *a knight charges towards an archer holding a spear, and he is killed*
The King II: Send one of our saenior commanders back to London, i'm tired of reckless recruits!
Leonidas: I will go and train the new soldiers my king.

Partly through the siege of Marseilles, the English king saw a great fault in his soldiers: they were reckless and over-confidant. he ordered one of his commanders to return to Longdon and train the new recruits to a superior standard.
Spoiler :

The King II: France is not unified under English rule. Station guards around the city, I do not want a rebellion! Also, gather the great thinkers of the city, I wish to improve England's technological capacity.
Guard: Yes, my king. *thinking: well this is a nice change from draining the blood of the dead to make a large pool for the king*

With the conquet of Marseilles, the English had completed their invasion. The king sought to bring England to the cutting edge of science. he asked the scholars of the city, and they agreed that the Dutch had many interesting inventions. The king started to make plans to steal these inventions, to be followed with an invasion as revenge for the riots staged in Paris.
Spoiler :

The King II: This is great! Our productive capacity will rise significantly!

With the English conquest of France, new metalworking techniques were developed, by a great French blacksmith working with new English iron metals that France previously lacked.
Spoiler :

The King II: What's next? The ability to fly? Carts that move without horses? Travel to space? This is amazing! Too bad it will not last...

Mant technologies were taken from the Dutch by the English, spying efforts were completely concentrated on this. The king is said to have been very excited about the possibilities of future espionoge, but he knew that the Dutch could soon become too strong to defeat, with all the advanced technologies they had.
Spoiler :

The King II: *reading a great spy's intelligence report on the Dutch* Impressive, i'll send agents in soon.

The king used elite spies to gather intelligence about the Duth technology, then he sent in lesser operatives to steal it. We know of one such spy, but there is evidence to hint at a second.

I forgot to take a screenshot of the other Great Spy
Spoiler :

Spoiler :
The King II:
Hurry! We must take Amsterdam before they have a chance to organize! the revolts will only last so long! *thinking: hopefully there won't be additional Turkish soldiers...*

The English launched a large suprise attack on the Dutch capital of Amsterdam. As the siege was beginning, riots were staged by English operatives, negating the city's significant defenses.
Spoiler :

The King II: Hopefully we can come to a peace agreement now, ideally they will become a vassal...

Amsterdam had been captured and burned by the English. The citizens had not been killed though, they were allowed to flee. The king only wanted to remove its economic and cultural presence, not kill thousands. He wanted peace, now that all Dutch influence in France was gone.
Spoiler :

Messanger: My king! The Dutch have falen into civi war! Should we finish them off?
The King II: No, that would overextend us. Prepare to return to France.
Spoiler :

England had also sent ships to explore across the ocran. They encountered an empire, calling itself the "Aztec Alliance". Adventurers rushed to this empire to find wealth, and conquered it for England.

The King II: Did they have any new technology?
Adventurer: *while conting gold coins* Nothing good, everything we already knew, except some art stuff, we learnd it.
Spoiler :

Messanger: My king! Russia declared war upon us!
The King II: *by now a very old man, he goes pale and dies; the shock of more war killed him*

*on his desk is his will, including orders to appeal to the apostolic palace to end the Turkish war*
Messanger: I guess i'll do this then.

Spoiler :

*The King III is an extremely lazy and ineffective ruler*

The King III Have the army kill them all, and get me some more tea.
Guard: Very well, my king.

The Spanish, seeing the economic trouble and the poor leadership of England, declared war, with the goal of taking France.
Spoiler :

The King III: Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....
Guard: My king, there is a visator!
The King III: Huh? Oh, send them in *pushes aside various unfinished, important papers*
Saladin: The mighty Caliphate of Arabia offers peace towards puny England.
The King III: Hey! We conquered France and the Netherlands!
Saladin: We have conquered much more, do you want peace or not?
The King III: Fine.

Contact with Arabia was made in 1575. A simple peace treaty was signed.
Spoiler :

The King III: Great! Tell them that I want my Exploration Tax paid in gold.
Guard: Exploration Tax, my king?
The King III: Yes. Basically, I get 150% of the tresasure they find, they have to pay the extra 50% from their own pockets, for the privalege of exploring.
Guard: Ummmmm, yes Your Majesty.

More adventurers arrived in the New World, conquering another one of the native empires, the Incas.
Spoiler :

Guard: my king! The Germans have vassalized the Spanish! They are invading!
The King III: *waking up* What? I'll deal with it later.

in 1580, the Holy Roman Empire joined the war against England. The king did not see the danger, and did not add more soldiers, or do anything, for that matter.
Spoiler :

Campaigns in the New World progressed steadily, the English had a large technological lead, unlike in Europe.

The King III: HA! That should scare away the Spanish and Germans! I think i'll lead the army personally! *he goes to lead the army in France*
Spoiler :

The King III: What is this useless stuff?
Spy: It was all I could do with my limited resources, my king.
The King III: Oh well, if that is all they had, then this war will be easy!
Spy: That's not what I sai-
*the king leaves*
Spoiler :

The King III: WOO! With such an elite army we cannot lose! I'll lead the first charge in every battly, i'll- OW!!! I stubbed my toe! Fight without me, I must recover.

The greatest drillmasters in the English empire realised that their king was inept. They trained the soldiers, hoping that it would offset his inability. Although the king said he was leading the army, he was actually just following it in the royal carriage.
Spoiler :

The King III: Who are you? Do you want peace? If you don't, my mighty army will destroy you!
Suryavarman II ......Peace it is then. *leaves*

Peaceful relations were also established with the Khmer Empire. The quick negociations are considered to be due to the fact that neither nation could get an army across Asia to reach the other.
Spoiler :

The King III: We can retake it. Easily. I could retake it by myself if I was not severly wounded.

The German attack caught the small garrison of Marseilles offguard, the reinfirceing army was too late getting there, and a seige began later.
Spoiler :

Advisor: Well at least one war is going well.
Adventurer: And the tax?
Advisor: Keep the treasure, the king seems doomed in the war anyway.
Adventurer: WOO! :D :D :D

The Incans gave up fighting the English, and agreed to vassal status. All captured territory, as well as soldiers, were given to the Incas, in order to reduce maintance. The king was not informed.

Another update coming later today. :)

Spoiler :

The King III: I- I mean we-must escape to England! They are everywhere! *he scares the army, and they scatter and run for the coast*
The King III: Who are you? You can't kill me! I'm the English king! *he is killed by a band of Spanish macemen*

The situation in France turned into chaos. English soldiers lost all sense of order, and everyone raced to get to the coast. The king himself was killed, his advisors took over, as there was no heir to the throne.
Spoiler :

The Aztec capital, now renamed Mexico City, was returned to them, after enough settlers had been gathered.

Advisor: England cannot afford this maintance. You must take the city back.
Montezuma:[/COLO We have no further use for it.R] All right. *scribbles pland to rebel*
Spoiler :

More strongholds were taken. This sent England into civil war, as Ireland and Scotland declared independence. All hope was lost, England had learned too late that it could not make an empire out of others' land, that it caused fear and retaliation. The only positive thing for England was its corcumnavigation of the globe, though it did not fufillits intended purpose of brining peace by showing English strength.

Advisor: England's days are numbered... I quit, I'm going to America.
Guard: I wish to go as well.
Advisor: You will have to find your own way. I will lead the new colony there, in the name of England.
Guard:*thinking: I will form a new nation in this new world, I just have to get there, out superior navigation akills should get me there faster* *he starts to gather followers*
Spoiler :

Peace was forced between the English and Turkish. There was so little order to England by this time, that it had not even voted.

Citizens: WE WANT PEACE! WE WANT PEACE!
Guard: The New World is the future! We must go there! Who will join me? *some volunteers come foward*
Spoiler :

Conditions fell further, as feuding began between prominant families. England was falling back to the Dark Ages.
Spoiler :

New nations agreed to peace with England, as best as they could. There was no central authority, except in the colonies, where unrest grew as the governors sent resources to London.

Advisor: All profits and excess materials will be sent to London to aid in the war effort. Any resistors will be imprisoned! Now that there are more attacking England, we need to support London all the more! *after his speech he returns to his luxery house, the citizens shout insults*
Spoiler :

The Dutch revival, and subsequent defeat, has little impact on English history directly. However, it showed the military power of Germany, as well as the instability Empire brings to all nations. Additionally, some say that it preoccupied Germany's army, so an invsaion of England was not launched.

Guard: Look! We are doomed if we stay here! We must start anew in America! Now as English, but as Americans! *more people come foward*
Spoiler :

By now, the colonies had taken over from London, which was the capital only in name. More colonies were founded, and discontent grew among the population. Peace came, due to a resolution of the Apostolic Palace. And England had fewer enemies not. Though it was largly safe with its colonies in America.

Citizen: Why should we do what that "advisor" says? Why not govern ourselves? Look at what the kings have gotten us? Death, war, and defeat!
Spoiler :

Guard: I have come! I demand the treasury and maps of the government! My followers and I wish to start a new nation! And we will not stand for this misery anymore!
Advisor: Vey well, I see no other choice. However, I must know your name, so I can die knowing who now rules.
Guard: I am George Washington, the one who has guarded kings since time immemoral.
Spoiler :

Next up, America!
Spoiler :

Washington: We shall spread our word to the citizens. They will join us, and we will prosper!

The American people sent out messangers to all the colonial towns, asking the citizens to rebel against the dead empire and join America.

so that means you screwed England intentionally?
anyway nice story. the thing i dont like is how England is weak in the history. i prefer to have a strong nation before switching to another one (like a strong Roman Empire before going to Netherlands,England or Germany)

so that means you screwed England intentionally?
anyway nice story. the thing i dont like is how England is weak in the history. i prefer to have a strong nation before switching to another one (like a strong Roman Empire before going to Netherlands,England or Germany)

I tried to make them fairly weak. The problem was that I made them too weak, while I was still playing! I did not intend to lose France, and I had wanted to conquer Spain/Portugal, and Germany too. My goal was to make a strong-ish European power, with few (if any) colonies in the Americas, other than New York and Savannah.

Spoiler :

Washington: This is my plan for government.
*paasses out papers to government officials*
Government Officials: This is nothing like out current one!
*arguments follow for years, government operation stops until order is restored*

As soon as was possible, America adopted a new system of government. It was redically different from the old English one, and this caused disorder as it was implemented.
Spoiler :

The English colonies, seeing the bright future of America, rebeled and joined it. This caused the "official" government in London to declare war. Volunteers flocked to the military to fight for their new country. This rebellion is similar to the one that brought Scotland into the early English kingdom, and similar ones have occoured throughour history across the world.

Washington: The colonies have rebeled and joined us? Good. :D
*everyone stares at the strange smile*
Spoiler :

Messanger: President! Interpol has been constructed. We now have decent espionoge abilities to keep us ahead of the rest of the world! Also, we have hunted down the generals of the English forces, they are no more.
Washington: :D
Messanger: Ummm, right... I'll go now.
Spoiler :

Joao II: Congratulations, Washington! At last your explorations have led you to me!
Washington: :backstab: :assimilate: I mean... :woohoo:
Advisor: That's normal, don't worry about it.
Joao II: Eek! OK, OK I agree to peace! *runs away*

Contact was made with the Portuguese, and a peace treaty was made. It is said that Washington scared them into peace with America, but there is no evidence to support this theory.
Spoiler :

Messanger: We have founded a new city President!
Washington: :cool:

American expansion continued, as the Great Plains were settled, the city of Chicago was founded amidst abundant food resources.
Spoiler :

Guard: President, there are foreign diplomats. Should I send them in?
Washington: :scan: I have contacted them telepathically, we are at peace.
Guard: Riiiiiiight... *he leaves and tells the diplomats that America agrees to peace*

More nations gained diplomatic contact with America, peace was made, although this was handled by diplomats, rather than by Washington himself.
Spoiler :

A blockaid was established aroung London in 1796, as revenge for the English declaration of war. The Enghish were so weak by this point that a simple galeon was sufficient.

Captain: Arr! The blockaid be in place President!
Washington: :goodjob:
Spoiler :

Messanger: We have settled another city! Santa Fe. Local friendly tribes gave us tribute, in exchange for destroying Aztec influence in the region. Should we do so?
Washington: :ar15: :ar15: :sniper: :sniper:
Messanger: War it is then.

American westward expansion brought them directly into contact with the Aztecs, who were expanding as well. War was planned to create an American-friendly region.
Spoiler :

Ragnar: Do you have unprotected coastal cities I can raid?
Washington::nope: :deal:
Ragnar: In that case, peace it is.

The Viking civilization was contacted too. American ships in the North Sea brought the nations into contact around 1799.
Spoiler :

Washington: :scan: A city has been founded... called...... New Orleans.... :dance:
Messanger: Presidnet we have-
Washington: I know, you can go now.
Spoiler :

Washington: [pissed]

America, due to its recent emergance as a nation, was not invited to the World Congress of 1802 in Sefado. Washington was reported to have been extremely angry at this occourance. So much so, that he exploded. Lincoln replaced him.

I have forgotten to change the name in game, so it will remain "Washington" throughout the game, in order to remain consistant, though I will use Lincoln in the story.

Top Bottom