The many questions-not-worth-their-own-thread question thread XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ask her if she'd like to sign that "no sex before marriage" pledge.

Ask her out on a date if you want, otherwise don't. Make sure to specify you mean date/go out and not "go to X with me."*

*Kennigit is le worst person for advice. But, he did take PHYS 4001 "theory of female interactions & applications"

Great! Move on then ;)

Neither of us are interested in dating currently. More specifically, I was wondering what it meant.

Why is the Dakar Rally not in Dakar?
Why is it in South America?
Why is it called Dakar Rally if it isn't in Dakar,isn't that nonsense?
That is a contradictio in terminis!
It should be renamed South America Rally.

Back in late 2008 someone thought it would be a good idea to make a terror thread towards the organizers. So they abbandoned the 2009 running. South American organizers came foreward and said: "Hey we´re going to let you use our race if you name it Dakar Rally".
There are a number of Cross Country Rally, but most people only know about the Dakar, so its pretty much a ploy to get more viewers.

I agree it should be named differently, also there was no Dakar since 2008 at least in my world :crazyeye:

Has anyone here switched to the facebook timeline thing? Should I or should I stay with the current format as long as possible?

Not yet. I'm being rebellious and sticking with the old way as long as possible. It was the same way with the new GMail look.

Some of my friends have it, and it's taken me a while to figure out how to find what their music "likes", movie "likes", etc. are.

I think they're gonna force a total switch to the timeline on all the FB users this coming Monday or Tuesday.

EDITED IN LATER:

Question: If I perceive x to be better than y, do I type "x > y", or "x < y"?

I have a little question for native English speakers:

When should I use 'obligatory', when should I use 'compulsory' and when should I use 'mandatory'?
I don't know, so I always just use 'obligatory', but I'm afraid that that's not how it should be used.

I have a little question for native English speakers:

When should I use 'obligatory', when should I use 'compulsory' and when should I use 'mandatory'?
I don't know, so I always just use 'obligatory', but I'm afraid that that's not how it should be used.

Subtle shades of difference only really relevant to specific situations, I would say. But otherwise, 'obligatory' you should do it, 'compulsory' you are compelled do it, 'mandatory' you are required to do it.

I have about 22 dollars in pennies (I found a lot more the other day inside another container). I bought some of those things you put them in to make rolls. If you put them in the rolls would the bank take all the pennies or do I need to go somewhere to change them. (I am putting money in because my cheap plastic filing cabinet broke and my mom wants to get another cheap plastic filing cabinet but I found a nicer one at a store so I'm saving all the pennies to cover the difference).

Yes I have an account I want to put the pennies into the account.

As long as they're rolled, the teller will take them and put it in your account. I don't think there's any way to do this via a machine.

No it says put coins with the teller. I assume it is because the machine would jam up with the coins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom