The mechanics of banning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lefty, if you don't tell us, we may need to relieve our spamming urges on CFC.

Lefty doesn't have the authority to overide admin directives at those other sites. If you want to join them, and your "credentials are good", you will receive an invitation. If not, you may never even find them .... :satan:

(You're right, Lefty. We need a good Illuminati smilie. ;) )

On these other forums, don't normal members have the power to invite others?

Originally posted by Lefty Scaevola
I have found smaller site that are yet amenable to those entertainments, and no, I am not going to direct any of you to them. :p
Actually I've found Apolyton (a couple of years ago anyway when I was active there) a bit more amenable to good natured bantering and dare I say, less prudish than the powers that be here. ;)

That might possibly be affected by how their Off Topic doesn't count towards post count so the rules are more relaxed?

Good credentials? What is this, a job application?

Pretty much. The general idea of new sites that spread from Poly and CFC is that they start small with a group of friends and if you want to keep it that way you have to be selective...

Originally posted by Dell19
On these hypothetical forums, I'd imagine you'd have to clear it with the site admins first before you can invite. That'd be how I would do it. ;)

Originally posted by Padma
Lefty doesn't have the authority to overide admin directives at those other sites. If you want to join them, and your "credentials are good", you will receive an invitation. If not, you may never even find them .... :satan:
Even if you can find these hypothetical members-only forums, you can never see what's being posted presumably. At least, that's how I'd imagine it to be. :p

Originally posted by XIII
On these hypothetical forums, I'd imagine you'd have to clear it with the site admins first before you can invite. That'd be how I would do it. ;)

Okay, there was a hypothetical thread about inviting someone...

That might possibly be affected by how their Off Topic doesn't count towards post count so the rules are more relaxed?

i'm preety sure they do count. why wouldn't they?

It sounds like freemasons. Do the secret handshake, say the password, wear the secret badge and do the secret dance......

There is no secret dance

Attachments

• eyeinpyramid.jpg
    eyeinpyramid.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 127
"normal members": This is an interesting but entirely abstract concept.

What Lefty is trying to say is that:

You don't find these hypothetical forums, they find you.

Personally, I think some of these 'secret forums' are run by complete ego-driven elitest that wouldn't know common sense if it hit them in the you know what...but then again, that is just my biased opinion. ;)

Originally posted by ybbor
i'm preety sure they do count. why wouldn't they?
They used to - in fact I got a few of my counts at their OT before the new rule came in. The main reasons for OT posts not counting are

1. It is OT in a civ based site
2. Too much encouragement to spam with post counts seeming an end in themselves.

Originally posted by Lefty Scaevola
Things change, I remeber my time before the population increase, change of rules, and addition of Alcibiates of Athenae and Pale Hores as moderators, when I trolled, spammed, and flamed. I have found smaller site that are yet amenable to those entertainments, and no, I am not going to direct any of you to them. :p

Pssh. All you mods seem to do here is spam. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom