The news article thread

Yes, this one is new, thanks :).

Not much new info, though :sad:.
The quoted info confirms something which we already speculated before, because they somewhere said that ships will be able to explore coastal tiles (or something like that), and that version with generating some ground troops is the most likey -> very good to hear :D.

That info (melee naval units = coastal raiding) has already been mentioned in a previous GDC article, so GameSpy only further confirmed it.

Now behold, probably the very first G&K video on the internet, Curse Network interviewing Ed Beach in front of a G&K banner:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGNI8UqN6MA

The man on the banner surely looks like Attila to me.

EDIT:
Ed Beach confirmed that melee ships are used for coastal raiding in the interview.

wow, way to speak for 7 minutes and not divulge a single piece of new information. Well done, Ed.

It does look like Attila in the poster though.

That info (melee naval units = coastal raiding) has already been mentioned in a previous GDC article, so GameSpy only further confirmed it.

Now behold, probably the very first G&K video on the internet, Curse Network interviewing Ed Beach in front of a G&K banner:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGNI8UqN6MA

The man on the banner surely looks like Attila to me.

EDIT:
Ed Beach confirmed that melee ships are used for coastal raiding in the interview.
I started a separate thread about this one. He said the naval melee ships are used for raiding or capturing. Later he specifically mentions "English Pirate ships". So those are probably only for raiding, but other types of naval melee ships are likely for capturing.

wow, way to speak for 7 minutes and not divulge a single piece of new information. Well done, Ed.

It does look like Attila in the poster though.

Actually he did divulge three new pieces of info. Specifically, the Pirate ship unit, details of the Goddess of the Hunt faith and Stonehenge gives Faith.

That's entirely possible.

Cuc, I was one of the first speculating about those two units being Impi, but after seeing this I stand corrected: These are indeed Mayan units!
Exciting, nevertheless... :)

Perhaps my speculation about a Zulu DLC in late March will come true after all?

Yeah, I think that makes a lot of sense. Gives them a nice mercantile edge.

Biggest rival are the Arabs with their Bazaars giving a luxury trading bonus. I think the Arabs need a boost either way, imo.

Top Bottom