1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

- The October Revolution Part 1 - Fall of the Tsars

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Stories & Tales' started by Brucha, Mar 26, 2009.

1. Brucha

Brucha King

2. ZeletDude

ZeletDude The Lion

i hope someone .. can help you
    im deffinetly not.. exactly a computer wiz... so i cant help you.
    but once i was making a map and i tried to open the civ content and it didnt work it just closed the game untill i deleted the map... but thats about it..

3. nokmirt

nokmirt Emperor

4. Brucha

Brucha King

I have had to buy Civ 3 online from Amazon.com to get the original discs to re-install the game and delete everything. I have three saved games that I can still load but they are not my Soviet games. My computer is basically screwed.

5. nokmirt

nokmirt Emperor

The same thing happened to me I got a worm from utorrent. If I remember right it was Intrusion.Win.MSSQL.worm.Helkern. It pretty much got inside the computer and gradually infested everything. I lost my map for my WWI mod for Civ 4 BTS 3.19. I worked a long time on that, I could not back it up. I have to start over from scratch. So now I am going to take a Giant Earth Map scenario, 1940 AD and bring that back to before WWI, perhaps back to 1895. So I have been doing some naval history research to start with. I was wondering do you plan on starting over with AoI v.4? I just recently went on amazon and I found both allied and panzer general in very good condition for PS1, they are on the way. I am sorry that happened to you Brucha. Your story was excellent. Mine was coming along pretty good, but I lost my save game for it, damn bad luck my friend.

6. ZeletDude

ZeletDude The Lion

why dont you just edit AoI2 to what your country [Russia] was like before you lost it and just have the communist already have came to power but just skip a few years so nothing really has changed?

7. IvanDolvich2

IvanDolvich2 Order of Lenin

Brucha, I have really enjoyed your writing style and story portrayals. You have brought epic stories to a new level. I am so disappointed that your system crashed so hard, with zero backups.

I noticed that you have not been active on the forums for a while and hope that this means that you are taking a break and waiting for AOI 4.0 to set your mod back up and continue the mighty progression of the USSR. I really think that your developments in the mod were great and was looking forward to the Revolution.

So, don't give up. You and your work is still much appreciated by the community.

8. Brucha

Brucha King

Sorry to everyone about not being able to finish this story - I am now back in business as far as a computer and have my new Civ3 discs installed. I plan on re-starting this story soon with AOI v4. Cheers.

9. IvanDolvich2

Excellent News Brucha!
    I just saw the downloads are available for AOI 4.0!!! Woohoo!:woohoo:

As soon as I finish up my game of the month, I'm getting AOI for the first time.:D

Looking forward to your story, when you get your scenario set up again.

I was thinking that for redundancy you could keep a copy of your current .biq online somewhere. Google has sites that you can store files and there are lots of others as well. Food for thought.:badcomp:

Ciao.

10. Brucha

Brucha King

Indeed, AOI v.4 is now available, so I am in the process of modding it for my Soviet game. it should be ready in a day or two and will be ready to re-start. For this new try at the trio of stories, I now have three commanders/real players ready to also play so this should be interesting. I am also taking the extra precaution of saving my AOI mod and saved games on disc to prevent any further mishaps. So, effectively, this thread is closed and I will start a new one for the story trio tomorrow.

11. IvanDolvich2

Brucha: Please post the link to your new thread in this old one to close it out. Many of us are still subscribed to this thread, waiting for the new one to start.:)
    Thanks, and maybe post it in the first post too.

12. ChaosArbiter

ChaosArbiter King