~The Official Ga1Friday Apology and Forgiveness Thread~

"just because u like someone doesn't mean they cant disappoint u" - my dad when he found out how much time i spend on videogame forums whining about nothing

this should be on the banner above this subforum. with you instead of u obviously

Personally, I didn't watch the video (I get all my BNW news here anyway), so I'm not upset about anything. I also like Ga1Friday's sense of humor, and couldn't really get mad at her for trolling us even if she meant to.

But I am still TOTALLY down for storming the 2K barricades while singing rousing marches from Les Mis. We need to organize this RIGHT NOW!

When the pounding of your heart
echoes the pounding of the drums.
Just one more turn about to start,
when Brave New World comes.

:D

~R~

My thoughts:

Well you see, I am an anti-fan (not the same as a hater). I do not trust much video game companies, not even 2K. Why am I here? I am here to warn you.

Moderator Action: Think I have seen this more than once recently. Please do not keep recycling the same graphics. Also, please let us not get started with using language such as "haters" or the inevitable "fan boy", it is trolling.

I'm gonna keep this on page 1 till one of the 2k COMMUNITY managers acknowledge the fact that they were less than forthright (or until this mess is locked or BNW is released). Petty? Probably. Necessary? Absolutely.

We have DLL (and have had since at least G&K) and they've said Pitboss is coming with BNW

So where do I go to find DLL mods for Civ5? Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread, but I am extremely curious about this.

Aussie.

Petty? Probably. Necessary? Absolutely.

I can't help but question your sense of priorities... X3

So where do I go to find DLL mods for Civ5? Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread, but I am extremely curious about this.

Aussie.

Try checking the mods forum. I know I've seen at least a couple of DLL mods posted and discussed, although I haven't done anything with them myself. (Heck, I still can't even do Lua)

"Join Community 2K on Friday the 3rd at 11:00am PDT for a Firaxis themed hour of gameplay and discussion.

Watch Ronnie 2K square off against Kate in Firaxis’ newly released title Haunted Hollow. Chris will be showing off some of his XCOM strategies. There’s a ton to talk about when it comes to Civilization V: Brave New World.
Plus John will be about the recently announced Sid Meier’s Ace Patrol."

What was talked about: "Paratroopers upgrade to X-Com peeps."

----

So another livestream has come and gone, and with it, so has Kate's credibility.

I'm gonna keep this on page 1 till one of the 2k COMMUNITY managers acknowledge the fact that they were less than forthright (or until this mess is locked or BNW is released). Petty? Probably. Necessary? Absolutely.

Hey guys,
So I stumbled across this thread and thought that I would address some of your concerns.

1. I wrote the copy for the livestream announce/event invite
I'm one of those people that shares the credit but takes the blame. We created a livestream that was to feature something from several Firaxis products and I believe that I wrote copy that explained that.

2. I do think that we had a lot to talk about and I think we talked about several neat Civ things :)
* We talked about the upcoming XCOM cross over unit, how they would be an upgrade from paratroopers, etc.
* I asked you all for specific questions so that I could bring them up with the Brave New World dev team. (For those concerned that I was asking and would never follow up, here is the first in a series of answers) I was very excited to be able to ask you all to participate in asking Firaxis some questions and getting some answers as i've seen that as a request here on the forums.
*We showed the box art for Brave New World for the first time on a 2K livestream. I know that many of you had already seen it, CivFanatics holds a passionate and kick ass Civ fanbase; but for those that had not seen it we wanted, and needed, to show it with as much excitement as we had for it when you guys unlocked it early on Wednesday.
* I wanted to let you all know that new exciting assets are on their way, and to keep your eyes peeled in the coming weeks. (We have rolled out quite a bit since the stream, and there is still more to come ^_^)
*Lastly, and perhaps most importantly to me personally, I wanted to take the time to thank the Civ community for coming together to remove the fog of war from the cover art. You guys came together and unlocked that thing faster that I imagined you would! I know that the prize for all of those shares and likes was the cover art itself, but I also wanted to commend your efforts.

To me, that constitutes "a lot to talk about."

Thanking you all was important to me because, yes, I am listening. I am working hard to bring you the type of content that you want. Hopefully that clears everything up, if not just send me a PM here, a DM on twitter, or something of the sort, I am not sure that we need threads about how Kate may be a rascal (I'm really not one) but I will always do my best to answer questions about what I can. :goodjob:

PS
I love Les Mis and while I cannot and am not condoning a storming of the castle, I will admit to having the song stuck in my head right now.

Hey guys,
So I stumbled across this thread and thought that I would address some of your concerns.

1. I wrote the copy for the livestream announce/event invite
I'm one of those people that shares the credit but takes the blame. We created a livestream that was to feature something from several Firaxis products and I believe that I wrote copy that explained that.

2. I do think that we had a lot to talk about and I think we talked about several neat Civ things :)
* We talked about the upcoming XCOM cross over unit, how they would be an upgrade from paratroopers, etc.
* I asked you all for specific questions so that I could bring them up with the Brave New World dev team. (For those concerned that I was asking and would never follow up, here is the first in a series of answers) I was very excited to be able to ask you all to participate in asking Firaxis some questions and getting some answers as i've seen that as a request here on the forums.
*We showed the box art for Brave New World for the first time on a 2K livestream. I know that many of you had already seen it, CivFanatics holds a passionate and kick ass Civ fanbase; but for those that had not seen it we wanted, and needed, to show it with as much excitement as we had for it when you guys unlocked it early on Wednesday.
* I wanted to let you all know that new exciting assets are on their way, and to keep your eyes peeled in the coming weeks. (We have rolled out quite a bit since the stream, and there is still more to come ^_^)
*Lastly, and perhaps most importantly to me personally, I wanted to take the time to thank the Civ community for coming together to remove the fog of war from the cover art. You guys came together and unlocked that thing faster that I imagined you would! I know that the prize for all of those shares and likes was the cover art itself, but I also wanted to commend your efforts.

To me, that constitutes "a lot to talk about."

Thanking you all was important to me because, yes, I am listening. I am working hard to bring you the type of content that you want. Hopefully that clears everything up, if not just send me a PM here, a DM on twitter, or something of the sort, I am not sure that we need threads about how Kate may be a rascal (I'm really not one) but I will always do my best to answer questions about what I can. :goodjob:

Can you comment on the purple civ?

Just kidding. Thanks Kate!

Personally, I didn't watch the video (I get all my BNW news here anyway), so I'm not upset about anything. I also like Ga1Friday's sense of humor, and couldn't really get mad at her for trolling us even if she meant to.

But I am still TOTALLY down for storming the 2K barricades while singing rousing marches from Les Mis. We need to organize this RIGHT NOW!

When the pounding of your heart
echoes the pounding of the drums.
Just one more turn about to start,
when Brave New World comes.

:D

~R~

I would be willing to play the trumpet fanfare, though I may need someone to email me the sheet music. If not, I'll just search for it on the interwebs. :king:

My comment:
No comment. :p

Is there anything new you can comment on now that we've had the Morocco/Indonesia reveal? Are there going to be answers to any more of our questions in the 2k blog thread thing any time soon (preferably ones that aren't quite so vague this time :p)? I don't suppose you can give us a rough estimate as to when the next significant reveal of civ info will be?

Also - more specific questions: You mentioned that one of the 2 remaining civs is from Europe, can you tell us which continent the other is from? Can you clarify the wording of the Indonesian UA - do they get one unique resource six times, six different resources or what? Also - is it the one 'new' resource that was talked about or just a random one selected from the existing resources? Also: What is the actual name of the Zulu UA?

Thanks in advance for anything you can answer.

EDIT: Also, when do you hope to have the official BNW site updated by (it's rather sparse at the moment), and could we possibly have the option to listen to some extracts from the leader themes this time?

EDIT #2: Another question you might be able to answer: Is Maria I of Portugal the only new female leader in Brave New World?

I have yet to watch the new Les Mis, I only watched the old Les Mis staring Liam Neeson. Its about midnight but now I have an urge to find and watch that movie now...

I have yet to watch the new Les Mis, I only watched the old Les Mis staring Liam Neeson. Its about midnight but now I have an urge to find and watch that movie now...

While some have complained of the singing of Russel Crowe, I think they did a very good job overall. I say this as someone whose favorite character(for singing purposes) is Javert.

I also want to thank Kate for her involvement with the Civ community. The Civ group can be a bit demanding sometimes when we forget others aren't as focused on it. After seeing some of the dismissive and condescending responses from other game companies regarding complaints I feel 2K has done a very good job in involving their fanbase.

It's not as good. Russell Crowe can't sing worth a crap. Hugh Jackman was surprisingly lackluster considering his musical experience. Anne Hathaway was merely ok. The guy who played Marius schooled them all.

This thread is kind of embarrassing for CFC, I thought we were above this sort of thing. Yeah it's great that the OP "forgave" Ga1Friday for the "misinformation" but seriously, who expected a minor stream focused on an iOS game to give substantial information about BNW? That's just silly if you ask me.

Props to Ga1Friday for taking it in stride and posting with such a lucid response! Please don't think we're all like that, we're really a very friendly bunch.:)

Soooo... Castle storming or no? Because these torches won't stay lit forever, and I have to return 23 1/2 pitchforks before my neighbors wake up and realise I've stolen their pitchforks again.

Soooo... Castle storming or no? Because these torches won't stay lit forever, and I have to return 23 1/2 pitchforks before my neighbors wake up and realise I've stolen their pitchforks again.

Which one of your neighbors only had half of a pitchfork? Poor dude.

Top Bottom