~The Official Ga1Friday Apology and Forgiveness Thread~

moysturfurmer

Emperor
"Join Community 2K on Friday the 3rd at 11:00am PDT for a Firaxis themed hour of gameplay and discussion.

Watch Ronnie 2K square off against Kate in Firaxis’ newly released title Haunted Hollow. Chris will be showing off some of his XCOM strategies. There’s a ton to talk about when it comes to Civilization V: Brave New World.
Plus John will be about the recently announced Sid Meier’s Ace Patrol."

What was talked about: "Paratroopers upgrade to X-Com peeps."

----

So another livestream has come and gone, and with it, so has Kate's credibility. While she never out right lied to us (There is indeed still a ton to talk about when it comes to Brave New World), there's no arguing the intent of what was said. But who knows, maybe it was Ronnie or Chris or maybe even Sid Meier himself who wrote it, it's unfair for us to dump on Kate when we don't have the facts.

So I propose we all just join hands and forgive whoever it was who misled us. Just as long as somebody comes in here and takes accountability for their deception.

i 4give u, 2k

Apparently 2k Kate said there was never before seen information on the cover art, and there wasn't, aside from the cover art.

I'm not too fussed, i know its all coming out by the 11th july, so im prepared to play the long game :)

Simple solution - skip the next stream.

And when it comes to her asking the fans for specific question, well there has been a lot of specific questions and to be honest, it doesn't matter. They have already decided what info that they want us to know and also when. So if there are a bunch of people who writing questions right about know, they will pick the "right" questions anyway and answer those. My guess is that they start up talking about all sort of things that we already know and then maybe (maybe) have a teaser and the end.

For those who have no idea what's going on: 2K Games (and Ga1Friday, the community manager) said they have 'lots to talk about in regards to BNW' on their new live stream, but only mentioned it in passing and only talked for less than half a minute about it, all of which was on the boxart. People feel cheated by that and mislead.

Just don't watch the next one. I'll just check here and see what's up from now on.

Some People are getting way too bent out of shape because they feel they were tricked into watching a video on the internet.

Oh, horrors!

Imagine how they reacted when they were Rickrolled for the first time.

For those who have no idea what's going on: 2K Games (and Ga1Friday, the community manager) said they have 'lots to talk about in regards to BNW' on their new live stream, but only mentioned it in passing and only talked for less than half a minute about it, all of which was on the boxart. People feel cheated by that and mislead.

do we storm the barricades now, or later?

Some People are getting way too bent out of shape because they feel they were tricked into watching a video on the internet.

Oh, horrors!

I would say there's a difference between random internet trolls and 2k's community manager

or is there

do we storm the barricades now, or later?

Only if we sing that catchy tune from Les Miserables.

Can you hear the people sing,
Singing the song of angry men.
It is the music of the people,
who will not be slaves again!

Oh, horrors!

I dunno about you but i've never been rickrolled for over an hour straight. and i've certainly never been rickrolled by a brand i thought i can trust.

but then again we still don't have Pitboss/DLL so maybe we all had it coming

I dunno about you but i've never been rickrolled for over an hour straight. and i've certainly never been rickrolled by a brand i thought i can trust.

You are definitely not a fan of a Game of Thrones

George R. R. Martin said:
A Feast For Crows (2005): 'A Dance with Dragons should be released next year'...

A Dance with Dragons (2011)

Try 5 years.

We have DLL (and have had since at least G&K) and they've said Pitboss is coming with BNW

The event was never advertised as having a focus in BNW. Yes, there is that one sentence, but everything else pointed to this. The event was never posted to the Civ V Facebook page, and quite tellingly, it was only advertised on these forums in the Off Topic section.

It's disappointing there wasn't any more info, but this thread is a bit extreme.

Top Bottom