~The Official Ga1Friday Apology and Forgiveness Thread~

It actually was posted to the Civ V Facebook page, twice.

Yeah, that was how I found out about it. But as I said above, just ignore their streams, if it contains any info it will be on the forums eventually.

This and also the "cover game" makes me dislike their facebook site. Sure the cover was, was, it was. Well I'm not doing that again.

The event was never advertised as having a focus in BNW. Yes, there is that one sentence, but everything else pointed to this. The event was never posted to the Civ V Facebook page, and quite tellingly, it was only advertised on these forums in the Off Topic section.

It's disappointing there wasn't any more info, but this thread is a bit extreme.
Well, they did say, and I'm quoting 2K Games from their Facebook:
There’s a ton to talk about when it comes to Civilization V: Brave New World.
Although, of course, it doesn't actually mean there's a ton to talk about on the show :p

Well, they did say, and I'm quoting 2K Games from their Facebook:

I do respect how she/they purposefully made it ambiguous, like, sure, there's a lot to talk about hypothetically, but in reality I'm just gonna briefly talk about this one little thing that you already know from sending us thousands of likes on Facebook. It's not actually a lie, I guess?

Anyways, it's a lesson to fans. If one of the Civ folks ain't there, don't watch. Fool me once, you know the rest.

Just as a gauge of were we stand, are we more or less upset than last year when they wanted us to ask a bunch of questions in what turned into a giant thread and they either didn't answer them or answered them right before release?

Her credibility hasn't suffered at all in my eyes (does anyone really think this?) It was obvious that the Haunted Hollow or whatever it was game was the main focus of the stream, so I didn't watch it because it seemed pretty clear there wouldn't be any new info.

Unless it's spelled out to us that there's going to be new info, it's probably safe to assume there won't be.

This is actually one of the reasons why I never go to a game company's actual site for info. I learned long ago from following Blizzard that it's best to let the info filter through a forum first before I go and put any stock in it. Someone has to be the person to go to the company's actual site and report back, true, but I'd rather that person not be me; in return, I give the site of whoever went a hit by going to their site, so, it works out in a way for everyone.

CFC forums (these forums right here) and http://well-of-souls.com/civ/civ5_bravenewworld.html are where I typically go first.

edit: The link is, I believe, AriochIV's page. Just in case anyone was thinking its mine (which it isn't) because of me mentioning it.

I kinda expected this. The stream was supposed to be dedicated to other games and BnW was only mentioned in passing in the post.

No hard feelings. Promises of new information in the next two weeks makes me happy enough.

Well, they didn't lie: there certainly is "A ton to talk about" regarding BnW. They just didn't happen to do much of it. But there certainly is a lot to talk about if one chooses to.
Misleading: kinda. Deliberate? I doubt it. Probably not a high priority with those in attendance is all, or so I'm guessing.

It was pretty clear it was going to be mostly the Haunted game. I was hoping for a bit more information such as a hint screen or something but you can't blame Kate for what was a 2K decision.

Yes, and I don't get why Kate is getting attacked, she didn't come up with the idea to host that Stream.

somebody wrote the copy for the livestream facebook event

Given that Kate runs the Civ FB page, and given that the Haunted Hollow social media stuff strategy is exactly the same as Civ's (share to support the Werewolf:like to support the vampire::share to support Portugal:like to support the Zulu), let's call it an educated guess. I don't think she's done any hashtag campaigns for CiV though (like the #whosyourboo for Haunted Hollow), so who knows, maybe I'm full of cr*p.

Just as a gauge of were we stand, are we more or less upset than last year when they wanted us to ask a bunch of questions in what turned into a giant thread and they either didn't answer them or answered them right before release?

And this makes me feel that asking questions will be pointless.

You guys need to remember, Kate is new at 2k either way, didn't she replaced Dahanese? She's still a newb.. in a way.

Alright, I get it, thanks for explaining. Here goes...

Ga1Friday, or Kate.. can I call you Kate? Great. So, Kate, on behalf of civfanatics.com I apologize for moysturfurmer making this ridiculous thread. Will you forgive him?

Everybody makes mistakes.. Just saying, and I think she's a sweetheart, she does come across as a rather shy.

"just because u like someone doesn't mean they cant disappoint u" - my dad when he found out how much time i spend on videogame forums whining about nothing

Top Bottom