1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The Official "I've Got It!" Thread. Post here....

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by Sharlin, Oct 26, 2005.

1. Arrandir

Arrandir Chieftain

Got it a few days ago and I've just been reading, getting more and more excited about the realism in this game! Combined with an improved Earth map this will be an ultimate, home edition, world simulator!! :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

2. chunkymonkey

chunkymonkey Procrastinator

Yippeeeee! Got back from lectures this afternoon and it was waiting for me in all its sparkly glory. It's installing as I type, so I shan't make this a long post...

Right... cigarettes, whisky, coke, doritos. I think i'm ready... :D

3. 777

777 King

I got the game few hours ago and played a bit...and man! I have to eat all my bad words about it, this game rocks and ****s! harder than Civ 3. And it runs nicely with my computer, so no need for updating :)

Units looks nice and suits very well to civ world, not those bad giant monsters what was in in screenies.

I don't know heck about religion system tho :(

4. jeffelammar

jeffelammar Space for rent

Not that anyone really cares, but my copy was finally delivered today. Guess this weekend is shot...

5. denyd

denyd Emperor

I care Jeff. It means I've likely got a team captain for S4GOTM01.

6. lord42

lord42 Prince

Got it a few days ago and playing on easy levels as I figure this stuff out.

7. Max_x_fire

Max_x_fire Civ Junkie

I got mine this morning! (although I was working... Untill I pulled a sicky ;))

I've just had a little play through, noticed quite a few bugs, I suffer from slow downs aswell, but as the patch should be out next week, I'm more than content!

One thing that did bother me was the tech tree poster... Its double sided! I had plans of pinning it up on the wall, but that made it kinda difficult! :)

So, I modified my chart...

I got 2 drinking straws, some string (about 1.5-2 metres) and some sticky tape! Connected the straws together, fed the string through and tied in a knot. Stuck the straws to the top of one side of the chart and viola! A flippable chart hanging next to my desk!

I'd post photos of it but I REALLY dont think anyone would care! :lol:

Happy Civving everyone!! :D

8. MajorCyco

MajorCyco Chieftain

I picked up mine last Friday and have finished my third game. Started on Settler level and am raising it one notch each new game... we'll at least until I get royally beaten by the AI. One item to note is that I am much more invincible on Settler level. :)

9. qaturn

qaturn Chieftain

Got my pre-order monday-would have gotten it friday, but UPS didnt leave at door :(
    then I got 2 copies LOL

yes did the honest thing and sent the other one back:goodjob:

have only been able to play for 20 minutes. I know this is going to be a good game because I was having cold sweets and salivating alot

happy civ'ing

10. Furkmyster

Furkmyster Chieftain

Finally got my copy today. New plans for the weekend now ...

11. JonathanValjean

JonathanValjean Porschephile

I got it on Wednesday from Amazon, but have yet to open it. :( Work has been quite hectic, but I hope to begin enjoying it tonight. :)

12. denyd

denyd Emperor

Max_X_Fire: Check out the Firaxis web site. There's a link to getting a replacement for the French tech tree that was accidentally shipped to some people. That would allow you to get a second chart and remove the potential risk of strangulation.

13. haggi

haggi Chieftain

I am experiencing that 'just one more turn' feeling again. What a week, ordered Civ 4 from the States as it ain't released in Australia yet (not at that time anyway). I was viewing the UPS tracker each day, Louisville one day, then Honolulu then Melbourne so that was very quick. Public Holiday in Oz so I wait another day then the PC has a fit and it wont work. Get the PC back but the game has not arrived, UPS delivered it to the wrong address (grrrr). PC then has yet another coronary so off it goes for repairs again within the space of 3 days and then a knock on the door, a nice neighbour says I rec'd this package by mistake (good chap). Cut a long story short, last night I had both game and PC for the first time and Civ 4 is great. First game on easy level as the Poms was good although not much time for the redcoats to be effective, perhaps I was on quick game.

14. peper

peper Chieftain

yeah it´s a great game, really a new game, a new civ, they have done it again, and totally translate to spanish (my native tongue).

DE PUTA MADRE:D :D :D :D

Great Isabel La Católica :goodjob: :king:

15. jeffelammar

jeffelammar Space for rent

Wow that would be a severe case of the Blind leading the Blind. I'm sure I'll be utterly clueless, but still, I'm game.

1 more hour till I can blow out of work to go home and install. :bounce: :band: [party]

16. HannuP

HannuP Chieftain

I had preordered a copy from Play.com, and hoped that it would arrive friday. Well, it didn't, kinda expected that.. not a catastrophe, only a slight disappointment. Later friday I was stopping by a local game shop... and THERE IT WAS!! What to do.. it could come early next week.. or there could be a delay.. so after 2 minutes of hard thinking, I picked up the game!

No installation or graphics problems, everything works flawlessly except sound stuttering while watching wonder movies. So much new to learn and old to forget.. a great weekend ahead! :)

17. 777

777 King

Dude, didn't you know that it will invade Finland on friday, 4.11 that is?

One thing I wonder...there's not any kind of protection system. No CD-KEY, nada! I mean isn't this too easy puzzle for crackers.

18. Sybot

Sybot Faceless Emperor

I got it yesterday! I was too busy playing to post then though. :D

It is annoying because my laptop has the stupid black map and invisible leaderheads bug, but thankfully my family computer runs it perfectly, even if that does mean I can't play it all the time. So far, apart from that, its excellent! :goodjob:

19. Birdbrain

Birdbrain Chieftain

Got it yesterday! releaseday was a little late over here :( Dont tell the boss, but I called in sick to get it from the shop when they opened, and play all day.:)

20. Aussie_Lurker

Aussie_Lurker Deity

Well, I have the game-as I said above-and I am really enjoying playing it, but I WISH there weren't the flashes of pixelation and the occasional freezing up (usually around once every 10-20 turns). Anyone else here getting that? It might be simply a question of running it in Windowed mode-at least until the patch comes out. Anyway, any suggestions from those who have the game-and this problem-would be much appreciated.

Yours,
    Aussie_Lurker.