The Official "I've Got It!" Thread. Post here....

Why can't they yet release it in Europe. It's just so unfair :cry:

I wish I had been born in US :sad:

Well, I don't have my copy yet, but I just found out EB shipped mine, and it will arrive this friday before noon! I can't wait! I didn't think it'd arrive before the weekend! I'm takling the day off of school friday, and I don't care what I'm missing when I do. :D

Just waiting for UPS...I hope they have my house at the early portion of the route..........;)

In response to the French Tech Tree.....

I got mine in Tennessee and my Tech tree is in Redneck. Thank goodness I know that language inside and out! :p

I was a walk up buyer and could of had the special edition due to the clerk being a bit overwhelmed with all the CIV people standing around. I decided to just say NO, that I did not pre-order. All I really care about is the game and so far it rocks!

I have already decided to take tomarrow off so at some point tonight, I will get a real good dose of CIV. I saved my game once my warriors killed some wolves and I can now get promotions. :goodjob: I started out on Chieftan level until I learn to drive this damn thing!

Got mine at the EB Games at Golf & Roselle Rd in Schaumburg, IL. The Best Buy on Golf *DID NOT* have it, as I checked there firsts because of the "rewards zone" thing....

The EB had about 12-15 copies on the shelf, but 3 dissapeared before I got mine.... That was about 12:20 CDT.

Now I just gotta wait until I can get home....

:cry:

Just got mine at EB in champaign IL. Good thing I preordered because they sold out of the normal editions already!

There was a line out the door for the game. Greasy college kids were everywhere....

Now I just have to wait until 8 or 9 pm when i'm done with work.

:(

Rocky Top said:
In response to the French Tech Tree.....

I got mine in Tennessee and my Tech tree is in Redneck. Thank goodness I know that language inside and out! :p
Got mine in Tennessee too - but got the French one. What does your redneck version say? "Look Ma, we jus 'scovered guns. Yee hah.:lol:

I had to walk to two WRONG stores before I finally found the one that had my pre-order. Whew, I'm tired. Time to install Civ 4...I'll give it a week before I finally uninstall Civ 3 (as I did with Civ 2, which I haven't touched since 3 arrived). Time to whoop Western *ss as Mansa Musa the Great!

Just picked mine up at lunch from Game Stop in Colorado Springs, Colorado.

I took this pick with my camera on my cell phone while stopped at a red light heading back to work!! :crazyeye: :crazyeye: :cool:

Attachments

• CivIV.jpg
    CivIV.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 1,055
I Just picked it up today.
I Just got it from Ebgames they charged me an extra 11$ cause aperently the gold version was the same price. But oh well im installing it now!!!:)
Total of 59$ . And i picked up a flyer and saw the regular version is 62$ now!!
Well i hope all you guys have fun playing when you get it cause im gunna be too busy playing civ4 to post here again for a while. :lol:

Later.:goodjob:

Got the special edition from EBGames spiral bound manual,soundtrack and all for 49.99. woot!

Who needs to pre-order :p Thought the special edition was only for them.

I GOT IT! :) Just picked it up from EBGames in Baton Rouge, La. at 12:11pm So any NOLA guys out there if you can trek to BR, we have it, but come quick, they're almost all gone.

Me install now

:smoke: [party] :dance: :band: :clap: :drool: :banana: :bounce: :woohoo:

Civilization available now in Ottawa!

I called Futureshop around noon, they told me that it's not available until tomorrow.

Then I called EB Games in Carlingwood mall, the guy answered my call was very polite & even appoligized to me (for what?). He said their shipment was "lost" otherwise it should be available by now?! Naturally I thought this was just their excuse. Probably they just couldn't get it today.

I was almost despair then, but I wanted one last try. I called EB Games in Rideau Center. Wow! they said they got it!! And they got "only" 4 extra copies?? "Reserve one copy for me! I would go pick up immediatly!"

I arrived EB games right after 1:00pm. The nice guy (EB guys are all very polite today,really)there asked me:"Did you reserve standard or special edition?" "I ... have no idea... I... just reserved my copy today..." "Oh!"
The guy brought out a thick box with my name note on it. "Here you are!" Gosh! It's the special/pre-ordered Edition. I could hardly believe my luck. I was so happy that I even paid them 3 dollars more for somewhat "quaility insurance", which I would not even consider normally.

I think probably some customer per-ordered the copy long time before, but then canceled that since they found that Futureshop or Bestbuy would have CIV IV on sale. Anyway, if you live near Ottawa, just give them a call now, they might still got other 3 "extra copies" left, hehe.

EBGames called me and said I can pick it up anytime now. Only problem is I think the clock in my office has malfunctioned-- it doesn't appear to move anymore!!! I wanna go home and play!!!

Civ 4 available in Chicago!

I called a Gamestop and asked if they had it and the guy asked me if I pre-ordered it. I said no. He then said that they are out of stock. I said "Nice. Great ordering skills". Why would a store order only those that have been pre-ordered? Do they think that they cannot move this game? I then called a Best Buy and they said, come on in! We have it. Leaving now...

I just picked up mine at Gamestop on my lunchbreak. I have installed it already in between classes and it runs like a charm on my laptop. Breathe...just breathe...

But I totally freaked out when I picked it up. I got the pre-order and just had to pick it up because I had paid for it a while ago. I went to the car and decided to open it. I must have a guardian angel because the freakin techtree was in French!:eek: I ran back in the store and explained. So the nice girl opened one of the extra special editions they had and gave me an English one!:D Phew! I'm not going to sleep tonight...I'm going to conquer the world!:king:

Top Bottom