The "OMG! Look what happened in DoC!" Thread

Spoiler :
Civ4ScreenShot0031.JPG

I'm trying to generate a starting save file from 600 AD as Argentina. China and Korea were completely overrun by barbarians before the Mongol spawn.

I honestly have no idea. This is a 3000 BC start and they were already there when I spawned. There's scattered Roman roads in central Siberia as well. My only theory is that AI Rome randomly captured an Asian city (such as Shenyang) with it's explorer troops it loves sending out, and then had the brilliant idea of attempting to build a trans-Eurasian Roman Road across Siberia.

The stable Mongols would be kinda cool if this hadn't happened two games in a row while I'm trying to play Russia. They could easily roll me (they have 3x my troops) and they slightly out-tech me and seem fairly stable.[/QUOTE
Scrolling five seconds on Wikipedia didn't teach me anything - what do you mean?
He said that Romans- a lost legion ended up in Liqian. (which is pretty close to where the legionary on the map is). Caputred by Parthians, later by Chinese.

In my case they were captured by Turks

Four possible scenarios:
  1. Greece got Compass, which enables them to go through the capes near the Canary Islands and South Africa
  2. Greece built a city or a fort that would act as the Suez Canal
  3. Greece held onto a coastal city in Persia (usually their capital)
  4. Greece built a city near the Red Sea

Four possible scenarios:
  1. Greece got Compass, which enables them to go through the capes near the Canary Islands and South Africa
Forgot about 5. Greece built a city in southwest Morocco and built up enough culture to go through the capes near the Canary Islands and South Africa. That's how I usually colonize Subsaharan Africa when playing as Carthage or Egypt.

Four possible scenarios:
Well, but 776AD ?
At that time Arabia and Moors usually own those coasts. And Greece is still alive?
Survived to Persians and Romans and Barbarians from Kiev area.
And what about Byz?

I forgot to have a look to world builder...

Greek ship could have been teleported from the Mediterranean to the Rea Sea during tile ownership changes in/around Egypt. Game probably treats those as parts of the same water area when searching for the closest valid tile.

This is the future AfD has been warning me about

uhm actually... barbary corsairs captured the iceland in the 17th century, though for only 1 month for sacking and slaving people. and iirc the guy who captured it was a dutch seaman who became a corsair

Sweden requests and successfully receives Santiago (a Spanish core city) in a congress...?

Spoiler :
upload_2021-3-9_23-28-31.png

upload_2021-3-9_23-29-24.png

Could it be that they owned it at some point?

Last edited:
Top Bottom