The "OMG! Look what happened!" Thread

Hey, Constantinople went Roman. That's interesting.

EDIT: LOL at "we love the despot day" in a city that just revolted...

EDIT #2: Of my three cities that remain, two are in Babylon's red zones; of those that revolted, three are in my green zone! This is possibly the most epic WTF I've ever seen. Also, about that war with France... I had an Open Borders deal with the Romans so I could help to defend their cities from barbarian/Celtic attacks. When Marseilles flipped to those frog-eating bastards, I decided to exterminate the French and donate their cities to the Romans. At the time when the cap was taken, they had one more city, but it was in Denmark, so I was going to donate it to Germany.

In RFC Rand, anyone ever saw a 1-tile Freshwater Lake with a fish in it?

I guess the fish spawned together with the Japanese (it's next to Kyouto).

EDIT: Same game: 160 BC with Persian Longbowmen

This is in RFC RAND, but anyone ever had the AI build the Statue of Liberty in 1665 and Wembley in 1724?

As for regular RFC 1665 SoL is ok for overpowered Greece/Rome/India/China/Japan/Persia (they can get democracy during 15-th century, yeah with some luck and liberalism). Early Wembley is also possible for powerful Greece of Japan. Once in american starts I've seen almost completed Project Manhattan in Frankfurt (which was german capital).

Persia also can get Feudalism via Oracle early on, ~350BC and maybe even earlier.

Losing capital through collapse isn't possible.

Which is why I guess that player tried to be clever and moved his bureaucracy capital to Hattusas as Babylonia. Which is exactly the kind of BS that makes me happy the stability system exists ;)

How can you lose your capital through civil war?

That's what boggled the hell out of me!

Losing capital through collapse isn't possible.

Ummm... WRONG.

In 1575, after I had fought tooth and nail to get most of my empire back, the Roman Empire collapsed into a bunch of indie city-states. Rome went from being Roman to being indie. It happens, dude.

Which is why I guess that player tried to be clever and moved his bureaucracy capital to Hattusas as Babylonia.

How about I e-mail you a savegame from the turn right before the collapse, and you can see for yourself how full of sh!t you are?

How about I e-mail you a savegame from the turn right before the collapse, and you can see for yourself how full of sh!t you are?

I'm sorry to intervene, but calling names on the internet is generally not a sign of the opposite you are trying to say.;)

To your screenshot, that's really rare, I have never seen that before. Don't know if it's a bug or something went wrong on install, but it's a weird one.

I'm sorry to intervene, but calling names on the internet is generally not a sign of the opposite you are trying to say.

Saying that someone is full of sh!t isn't name-calling.

But it is wrong nonetheless ;)

Don't worry, no offense taken. But as an advice for the future, have at least the courage to replace your exclamation marks with vowels the next time you want to convey how highly you think of your fellow forum mates :)

Hey, there might be kids reading these forums, and I don't want to warp their fragile little minds :)

If I would read that as a child, my mind would rather shatter trying to figure out how to pronounce an exclamation mark in the middle of a word (Some kind of glottal stop, maybe?). But that's just me, I guess :D

I'd guess a clicking sound, like in some of those African languages.

Just had an American start. Worldbuilder to look around the world.
Lisbon was Spanish, the Portugeuse capital was Porto Allegro (I would have preferred Rio).
But what was really interesting was that France had collapsed, and been conquered by....

The Dutch!

Top Bottom