The Realms Beyond - Succession Game Discussions

Well, I've now played most of a game on noble, and I'm even winning!

If that doesn't make me fit to captain an elite team of completely new players, I don't know what does!

:dubious:

Should be a good time. What's the plan for getting these games started?

-Jester

Hi,

I'm in the process of finishing my first game (on noble, and a lot of fun!) which I will write a report about, and after that I'll join you for the next RB SG.

I can imagine the playing speed will be very fast in the beginning, with the game being new and all being so excited about it, so I guess it'll be RB12 or something like that in a few days when I'll be ready to join... :lol:

-Kylearan

ToddMarshall said:
Good luck everyone.

Probably for the best that I'm not playing anyway as I'm TOTALLY clueless and becoming more so by the minute....

lol, you too? I'm playing a game on noble now and winning the points score by a 2:1 ratio or so. There's another civ or two out there I don't know about (no suicide galley's, woo!) but right now I'm just sort of winging it.

Information overload to be honest, too many new things at once. :D

For what it's worth, folks, if you visited the RB welcome page and wondered why anyone would consider it news that Charis had written a page discussing the lack of multiplayer in Civ3, you read the wrong version. The page was accidentally replaced by an older version for about 24 hours when we changed a template.

Sorry for the confusion!

I know I missed the signups, but please consider me as an alternate if you lose a player. I sure wish I checked earlier?

Much obliged for the spot, and hope you get things to working.

(little nervous about my own ATI card...we'll know RSN, though)

Hi everyone, long time lurker here. It's great to see RB succession games starting up again. Is there any chance I could please be slotted in as an alternate?

If there's ever another "for newbies" (or perhaps enough of an interest to create a 4th team of RBSG2), I'd love to play in it. Ah well, I can try it out on SG3.

BTW, I can no longer post to the RB forums. I'm registered as Tohoya there; I think I posted a bit to MOO and GW forums (but was in another guild in GW and got into MOO right as Imperium was ending). I think maybe I was deactivated for inactiveness, but I would like to play some Civ IV with the RB crew.

I looked up your user name, and it says that you never "validated" your registration- that is, followed the link in the email sent by the forum software when you registered. Since your post count was listed as "0", I went ahead and deleted your account so that you can re-register. Check your email spam settings so that you will receive the auto-mailed forum validation email.

If you don't get the email, you can email me at zelanie@comcast.net or PM me here, and I'll see if I can figure it out.

PS- This is my 300th post here! :p Clearly I lurk more than I post. Does that mean I can edit my user title? Woot!

Veovim said:
Hi everyone, long time lurker here. It's great to see RB succession games starting up again. Is there any chance I could please be slotted in as an alternate?
I already have 6 players in RB2a, but perhaps the team captain of RB2b or RB2c wouldn't mind taking an extra as well?

It's nice to see that Civ4 will have a Robust succession game community (at least should it prove to be a good game, which is no-doubt still up in the air).

This thread makes it tempting to expedite my purchase of the game, but considering I have a rather 'intense' project at work at the moment, I think I may have to follow my original plan, which is to wait for Christmas and drop suitable hints to my wife that it would be an appropriate gift. :)

-Sirp.

"Hi everyone, long time lurker here. It's great to see RB succession games starting up again. Is there any chance I could please be slotted in as an alternate?"

Veovim, if you'd like to play on RB2b, I'd be happy to have you on board. Always good to have an extra person, because someone's always on hiatus for one reason or another.

Just read up on the thread and post a greeting when you get there.

-Jester

I, too, would love to participate in one of the RBSG2 games if there's room in any of the teams anymore.

Okay, now that the RB2s are underway, I guess I'll ask again for players for RB3. The full spiel is back on page 5, but to summarize here, it's a monarch game as the Aztecs on a standard continents map versus 5 civs with the aggressive trait and no non-military victories are enabled besides 2050 AD. I thought I saw some people talking about signing up for RB3, but I think they've since been folded into RB2 slots, so I'll assume they're off the roster until I hear otherwise.

Players so far:

Carbon
Sirian (provisional)

Oh, I thought I signed up. Oops. Well, I have game in hand, working, and it is great. I played on Monarch for my first game, but some misclicks (first settler went one space farther than I meant and was left next to a barbarian - yikes!) and also missing basic concepts meant a conquest loss just into the ADs. Just played a few hours on Noble and am dominating, so in SG playing form, I should be okay.

Top Bottom