1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

The Realms Beyond - Succession Game Discussions

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Succession Games' started by Sirian, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Skyfish

Skyfish Chieftain

Great news, thanks a lot :)

2. Ozymandous

Ozymandous Chieftain

No, more than Sirian and Sulla, Griselda was as well as a few others. Check the "History" page for RBCiv for more info. :)

3. Ozymandous

Ozymandous Chieftain

Oh, and add me to the list of those interested in the RBC2 game, assuming I get my copy anytime soon, but it looks like next Friday before it will arrive. :mad:

4. Speaker

Speaker Chieftain

Join us Maniac!

Speaker
    Jester
    Own
    Skyfish
    Methos
    StarrySurprise
    Sebmono
    DeceasedHorse (?)
    Talamane
    Ozymandous

5. Skyfish

Skyfish Chieftain

Come on Maniac :hammer: !!! You know you wan' it :D

Oh and Ozy I am impressed you dished out the $45 for Civ IV, seing your were so happy with PTW and Conquest ;)

6. ToddMarshall

ToddMarshall Maniac - Stellar Wingman

Well...., bah, ok.

Here's the deal. I would like to BUT, atm, I don't have my computer YET. It won't run on my gf's cpu as of now (ATI card problems), but I'm going back to IL from Atlanta this weekend anyway and should be purchasing it in short order.

Also, Zed and I are trying to restart the RBMoo SG's, though I suppose I civ and one moo SG would fit my time window... barely.

How about a "I will if you really need me to but I don't want to hold up the start or take somones spot who is currently able and willing to play"

I hate yes/no answers :p

-Maniac

7. Ragnoff

Ragnoff Chieftain

Hello! None of you Know me well as i got interested in teh C3C conquest games AFTER they we all over, but I would LOVE to be in the RB2 if there is room! My civ IV is installed and working, I am just messing arround at the moment looking at the changes.

I must have followed almsot every one of teh C3C threads all the way through, playing some of my ony and following allong or playing alternate sstrategies!!!! Long Live Civ!

8. Speaker

Speaker Chieftain

ATI problems are no longer an excuse Maniac. See here for help. I'm signing you up!

Welcome Ragnoff!

Speaker
    Jester
    Own
    Skyfish
    Methos
    StarrySurprise
    Sebmono
    DeceasedHorse (?)
    Talamane
    Ozymandous
    ToddMarshall
    Ragnoff

9. ToddMarshall

Well, guess what. It doesn't fix my problem =/. I've tried. And yes, I have the correct drivers and all. It still doesn't work. =/

10. Speaker

Speaker Chieftain

Here's something to wet your whistle with:

We are RB2a of the Malinese Empire!

Here is our starting location. WE HAVE PIGS!

11. Speaker

Speaker Chieftain

:( I'm sorry man. I must have totally jinxed you. Check your PMs.

Keep those sign-ups coming. I will set teams and captains later tonight and then we can get started. The more the merrier!

12. Sullla

Sullla Patrician Roman Dictator

Pigs and two gold resources, nice! A start with a lot of potential there, to be sure. :)

13. ToddMarshall

I replied to yours. If you still want me after reading that, cool. But don't hold things up on my account. I would have had to have been able to play in the next 36 hours or be skiped even had it worked.

Edit: Normally I love my labtops, but this is a case where they suck. Too bad I cant just get an nvidia card and install it eh =/

Edit 2: Here's the "bottom line" for now. Just pretend I'm not here (I feel invisible w/o my avatar anyway!). If I find time to get up to CDW before the games are closed, I'll let you know. :) OR If a game needs one extra player and can stand a skip, thats also fine. I'll accomodate the game instead of the other way arround :) . Meanwhile, I have a huge/impossible/mrrshan game to try to finish :)

Edit 3: Thinking uppon the situation, I'm begining to think it may be a defective card... It's plenty high enough up the ladder to support T & L, and yet it has the problems similar to what the intel people have, not the render problem that the ATI ppl were having *sigh*.

14. Sebmono

Sebmono Chieftain

This RB is starting to turn into a pigpile! Awesome! By the by, has anybody listened to the soundtrack included in the presell version? i listened to it today and rather enjoyed it, the intro music tracks were particularly awesome and the whole thing would make great background music during work or whatnot. Ten point bonus to the person who can name the Russian folk song that the Peter the Great tack is based off!

15. Matt_G

Matt_G Curmedgeon in Training

Sure is nice to see all these old faces showing up again.:)
    I look forward to reading some very entertaining threads from this crowd.

16. ntallyn

ntallyn Chieftain

I've been lurking at the Realms Beyond site for about 9-12 months, and it would be nice to join in on an early SG (when I have the same level of knowledge as others), but I won't be getting my copy of Civ 4 until Christmas. :( I blame that one on the wife.

Nick

17. Carbon_Copy

Carbon_Copy Elemental

Since the roster seems to be settling down for RB2, I guess I'll announce RB3 and see what sort of nibbles I get.

RB 3 - Clobbering Time

Difficulty: Monarch (or perhaps Prince)
    Map Settings: All default
    Civilization: Aztecs
    Opponents: 5 Aggressive AI opponents: Alexander (Greece), Genghis Khan (Mongolia), Tokugawa (Japan), Huyana Capac (Inca), Napoleon (Frace). This is one civ fewer than the standard for the map. I wanted all Aggressive AI civs but didn't want two Mongolias, so Kublai Khan sits this one out.
    Victory conditions: Time, Conquest, Domination.

Requirements: Be prepared for a fight. Monarch isn't exactly a breeze, so this probably isn't the sort of game for a true beginner (or possibly for a burnt-out Civ 3 player, as we may find out).

Combat has changed a lot since Civ 3. And what better way is there to learn it than to get into some fights? And by some fights, I mean a lot of fights: I'm putting us on a continents map with five aggressive civs, and the only way to walk away victorious is by taking them down :hammer:. I'm not in a hurry to get this started, but I would like to see who is interested, so if you're not going to get your copy until next week, that's fine, go ahead and sign up. While I've already generated the start file for this game on Monarch, if enough people are put off by the difficulty level, I might do this on Prince, instead.

Roster so far:

Carbon
    Sirian (provisional)

18. DeceasedHorse

DeceasedHorse Chieftain

I have my copy of civ 4 in my hands, yet I can't get the #$@# thing to install, argh.

19. bed_head7

bed_head7 Chieftain

Amazon has shipped my copy and it its estimated delivery is Nov. 2. Can I sign up for RB3, or do I have to wait until I have game in hand and working? Of course, you may not want me since I haven't played at all yet, but a thorough perusal of the manual, careful play, and copying the example of the player before me will hopefully keep me from becoming a handicap in a game at Monarch.

20. a space oddity

a space oddity Chieftain GOTM Staff

Do you suffer the label thing? In some boxes they are labeled wrong disk 1 = disk 2 and vise versa.