The Rise of Japan

So that means either you sent the wrong save or
I sent the right save. Or Eclipse sent the wrong one to you

Blaze Injun

> Or Eclipse sent the wrong one to you
Exactly. Eclipse played turn 95 and sent it to me. I played turn 95 and sent it to you. You then played turn 96 and sent it to Eclipse. And he sent the old turn 95 to me again.

I can only repeat: I sent the right one, you sent the right one, but then I just got the same one I already had gotten a week ago. Things like these can happen, Eclipse just had a ton of work with reorganizing his online access and merging his mailbox, etc. And also he's playing 20+ games at the same time. So it's no big deal if he doesn't remember all turn numbers for all these games at any time.

Anyway, I can only send you an outdated sav, meaning one that you already got last week. The most current one that can still be found at the moment, is your 96c, so Eclipse needs to continue from that.

But now it's time for bed. Goodnight!
Lanzelot

GPS to Lanzelot

I know this is crazy but it will work out. I have received Blaze's most recent turn and played it. While I was in the game I went to the "victory screen to get the turn number, the turn is currently 95

In this situation Blaze changes the turn number now because preceeds me

Hey,

GPS to Lanzelot
While I was in the game I went to the "victory screen to get the turn number, the turn is currently 95

Don't open that can of worms again. It is turn 96. We went through this.
We all know that the true turn is 95, except lanzelot maybe. ;)

Blaze Injun

Well, let's make a compromise and say this is "turn 95.5"... :crazyeye:
As I also said in ROD recently: we humans start counting at "1", so for us it is "turn 96". But the computer starts counting at "0" and that's why the F8 screen says "turn 95".

Anyway, whatever number it is: this .sav looks much better now! :goodjob:
I'll play it asap when I get home.

Cheers, Lanzelot

GPS to Blaze Injun.

ROJ T096f,Lanzelot, Jan., 1498 AD.SAV

Let's get rolling again,
Lanzelot

BTW: the majority of Takedan forces, except for one neutral observer, have been ordered home for bringing in this summer's harvest. See if you can really bring yourself around to killing these poor defenseless guys. A peaceful and modest Clan that hasn't done anybody any harm throughout the game!

Hey,

Not all of your people have returned home.

That area now is my home...

Very strange: I got a popup at the beginning of this turn, asking whether I would like to have another election for the War Council. I clicked "Yes", but there was no vote?!
So I guess this VC is utterly broken...

Lanzelot

Hey,

Very strange: I got a popup at the beginning of this turn, asking whether I would like to have another election for the War Council. I clicked "Yes", but there was no vote?!
So I guess this VC is utterly broken...

Lanzelot

Must be the same thing broken that caused you not to post your
Wonder completions. Think maybe? Well anyway this is to be posted.

Or maybe that there is to few clans left to worry about the War Council?

Blaze Injun

Hey,

Must be the same thing broken that caused you not to post your
Wonder completions. Think maybe? Well anyway this is to be posted.

Or maybe that there is to few clans left to worry about the War Council?

Blaze Injun

Didn't know we are supposed to post Wonder completions?! (After all, everyone can see them in F7 for themselves?! And if you activate it in the preferences, you get a popup, when someone starts or completes a wonder. Or is this not working in MP?!)

But nothing broken here: during Golden Age, Nagaoka is making 57 shields per turn... :D
Under "accellerated production" that's enough to make the GLib in 4 turns. And the GWall in 3. From scratch! :eek: (Never done it that fast in my entire career as Civ player.)

(Not that I expect to get any benefit from them. It was just that Nagaoka already had every useful improvement, and the most expensive units are Warrior Monks and Ninja at 30 shields each, so we would waste 27 shields per turn building these. Therefore I thought I could build a couple of Wonders und turn Nagaoka into a worthy capital of Japan.)

By the way: how come Daimyo Blaze is strolling around in my front yard instead of being with his troops in times of war? (And we are surprised to learn, that he still hasn't achieved his second degree of Shogun!)

Daimyo Lanzelot

Hey,

I got no pop-up which means someone has been playiong with
the preferences. & that F7 talk is for the birds. I guess you being
new to the whole PBEM thing. But I do remember you wrote.

"I also read the rules and etiquette stuff on the PBEM newbie thread"

I would imagine is talks about posting wonder completions.

Yes it matters. Knowing now that you have the GLib any trade of
techs between the Uesugi & other Clans will give you the tech.
So depending on what the Clans do now you'll get Samurai Archers
for free. :shake:

If I had known of the GLib I would never trade techs with anyone.
So have fun if this PBEM lasts past this next turn.

Blaze Injun

Yes, Lanzelot. It's your responsibility to make sure all your actions aid Blaze in every aspect of him potentially winning. Don't require him to actually do some normal in-game action like checking the F7 button. Do you realize the amount of skin that might come of his fingertip by pressing that key? Think, man, think! :lol:

But I do remember you wrote.

"I also read the rules and etiquette stuff on the PBEM newbie thread"

I would imagine is talks about posting wonder completions.
Yeah, I read it. But that is already half a year ago and I may have forgotten some of the details... I flipped through it again just now, but didn't find anything regarding wonders. However, thanks to your reminder I'll keep it in my mind for the future!

So depending on what the Clans do now you'll get Samurai Archers
for free. :shake:
Ok, from this statement I deduct that you went through the effort of going into the F4 screen and checking that I don't have the tech for Samurai Archers, yet... Hey, that's even more effort than checking F7! :D
But don't worry, I won't use those Archers, unless when being attacked.

If I had known of the GLib I would never trade techs with anyone.
So have fun if this PBEM lasts past this next turn.

Blaze Injun

When I built the GLib, I never intended to gain any tech from it. I mainly built it for culture reasons: after it became clear that I goofed up the UN victory, I had to look for a different strategy and I said to myself, ok, how about trying to win this by culture? (I know that the cultural victory conditions are disabled for this scenario, but that won't stop me...! :D My new strategy now is to get enough culture to make your cities flip until I reach the dom limit. :mischief: ) (Hey, and you destroying Hojo allowed my borders to expand by at least another 10 tiles...! :goodjob:)

Anyway, if you are now afraid of cooperating/trading with Eclipse due to the GLib, how about the following deal: for any tech I gain by GLib I give you and Eclipse one of my own.

Daimyo Lanzelot

Hey,

Thanks Cyc, guess I'm wrong then. Do we need to post anything besides GPS? ;)

My apology for posting these past years of PBEM wrong. A apology to Lanzelot
for knowing better then me on this subject.

Blaze Injun
Just kiddin' ya here, Blaze. You're getting so touchy in your old age...

I just checked and I've only been doing PBEM for 20 months, so your experience is greater. I never thought Wonder announcements were necessary. I always figured your could post them if you wanted to, if not, who cared. Big ole F7 key sittin' right there on your keyboard. I usually check the Wonder page. It's good Civ playin'. But then again, I'm just a newbie, what do I know. :dunno:

Sorry I raised the hair on the back of your neck.

Cyc

Hey,

Its just a game. No offense has been taken yet.

But if we are going to play were its just GPS then fine.
I have no problem with that. Just remember its no
builds or battles reported. What you get out of the save
is up to you.

The fun to me in PBEM is the telling of the story of the world
through the players posts. In every game I have play it was
always posted. But I can play your way.

Blaze Injun

It's not my way, Blaze. I'm always so far behind the others, I'm lucky to build a Wonder. I would probably forget to report it, if I was that lucky.

In the ROD game, we need to post things other than the gps. Like declaring war (or warnings thereof) and other diplomatic niceties. Battle Logs are needed, of course. I was just commenting on Wonder builds.

And it's hard to believe that Lanzelot can get his Capital up to 57 shields, even with accelerated production in a GA. I suppose it's possible....,

Top Bottom