The Rise of Japan

Hey,

When I built the GLib, I never intended to gain any tech from it. I mainly built it for culture reasons: after it became clear that I goofed up the UN victory, I had to look for a different strategy and I said to myself, ok, how about trying to win this by culture? (I know that the cultural victory conditions are disabled for this scenario, but that won't stop me...! :D My new strategy now is to get enough culture to make your cities flip until I reach the dom limit. :mischief: )
Daimyo Lanzelot

You studied all the option techs then never intended for the GLib
to provide any techs. Not once did it cross your mind that was
going to happen? Lets look at your own words posted over in
the PBEM C3C Player Registry shall we.

Hi,
civ addict since 1992 (though I managed to abstain between 95-98...). I'm comfortable at Emperor, sometimes win on Demigod/Deity. I played in the GOTM competition for two years, so I guess I count as an experienced player. ;)

Anyone playing Civ this long knows the "Great Library sling". So please
don't try to say you hadn't a clue that you would get any techs.

Blaze Injun

Anyone playing Civ this long knows the "Great Library sling". So please
don't try to say you hadn't a clue that you would get any techs.

Blaze Injun

Of course I do know, what the GLib is good for. What I mean to say is: my intention when building it in this game was not to gain techs from it, simply because I have been the tech leader for most of the time, and usually for the tech leader the GLib is worthless. You may have caught up a bit while I researched the optionals (and when I stopped research for a while collecting money for espionage), but I started researching again now and expect to keep the lead for some time to come. (F4 tells me I'm still ahead the optionals and two others.) So I won't gain any techs from the GLib, except perhaps the one for the Samurai Archers, which I don't have yet and which apparently you just finished/traded recently.
As I said, the main reason for building these wonders (including the Great Wall) was the culture (and perhaps for "denial reasons"... :D )

Cheers, Lanzelot

GPS to Lanzelot

Wow so many posts to read to catch up, very cool.

I noticed words like addicted and civ was used in the same sentence, were you guys talking about me again (Hehe)

Thank you, Blaze! :thumbsup:

Figured if you could get Eclipse rollin' on ROJ, he'd send along the ROD save also. Sorry, didn't mean to confuse you.

Ok, this one looked ok.

Sendai finished Sun-Tsu's. Good job! For culture reasons, I assume? :mischief:

Don't know whether this needs to be reported, but I better do so: GLib gave my Kyujutsu this turn! Both of you: are you sure you really don't want anything for it? Can still offer Kenjutsu and Literature.

GPS to Blaze.

Top Bottom