The Road to War Ultimate Edition for BtS 3.19

Just a quick question if someone has the answer for me:

I would like to disable the lethal bombardment ability of aircraft and artillery against land units. Preferably I would like to keep the ability to kill naval units, and kill other aircraft especially, but using fighters and bombers to destroy stacks of ground units I would like to eliminate if possible.

I'm a newbie to XML. I have disable DCM stack attack in the XML, but I am not sure how to eliminate lethal bombardment in the XML exactly. Can anyone help?

Look for the <AirCombatLimit> parameter in the Unitinfos file.

I read in another thread that if you reduce that number from 100 to, say, 75, it will prevent it from destroying other units. However, does this apply to other air units as well? For example if you use the air mission over other cities to try and shoot down enemy fighters/bombers, or your own aircraft intercepting other air missions, will it prevent them from being lethal as well?

Also does this effect the port airbomb mission?

I assume I have to change every instance of this value in the XML. Same with Artillery? (Just the regular CombatLimit)

Thanks for the quick reply.

AirCombatLimit is Air to Ground or Sea. Not Air To Air.

Artillery you will need to reduce the Collateral Damage Limits and Combat Limits.

Hello guys

I play with Germany in the historical mode and after occupying France, I've been waiting for Normandy Landings, but it didn't happen in June 44, is that normal ?

I am looking for anyone that can help me with issues.

I have BTS installed and updated to 3.19, and now i want to install RTW UE as i think the mod is excellent. However i ahve issues have tried on several occasions but with no success.

The normal result i get is when i go to open rtw and play a scenario i get "You have been defeated".

Is there anyone out there that could take the time to tell me, exactly what patches i need, what mods i need, what versions and how to install them.

I would really appreciate someones help,

acquired knowledge (open play only)

ok i have a custom game that has 15 civs set on random and i just regenerate the map for a new game. some maps i get acquired knowledge some maps i don't. how do i control this?

This mod is best played with the actual scenarios it came with. You'll get strange results otherwise.

Old thread I know, and I don't know if anyone plays this mod anymore (I sure as hell do), but, while I was able to make air bombard non-lethal, I was never able to make artillery ranged bombardment non-lethal against land units. Is this possible to do? I always liked the old Civ3 style artillery that was only used as a ranged unit and not a direct attack unit. It's a little too easy to just build tons and tons of artillery and blow up whole cities worth of units and just roll in.

In my version (see sig), artillery in direct attack is lethal (i.e. a unit can die, but not in ranged combat.) However, artillery units are far weaker and significantly fewer than normal units, so they play only a very insignificant role as in real life artillery is integral to the units themselves. You will note that most my units all cause collateral damage when attacking, to reflect this.

I've been reluctant to play that modification due to the complexity involved. Plus I really like the vanilla RTW 1936 Europe mod for the ability to custom-build the army in three years before the start of general hostilities. But I'll give it a try.

My favorite nation to play as is the USSR because they're not in any overt alliances with anyone - whenever I play as Germany for example I have to 'compete' with Italy for some of the land battles in Europe, and they usually end up taking some cities. As Russia, there's nobody else fighting directly with you, until you push far enough into Europe to meet the western allies (and by then the war is effectively over).

You will love Russia in my Mod ... their forces have 2 additional lives. After it is killed it is instantly reborn in the capital, to reflect the seeming unlimited amount of men the Russians had ...

As to Germany and Italy as a team, I play "Hot Seat" mode and then I can control what my allies do. See my thread for details.

I've loaded the mod but there's a few things that I'm not sold on. One of my favorite aspects of RTW 1936 was the ability to custom build the army more or less from scratch. I never liked the idea of having the forces already in place and spread around on the map. And the sheer numbers of units is kind of overwhelming. The addition of barbarians and the unit respawn I'm not sure about either.

Really all I wanted to know was how to make ranged bombardment by artillery non-lethal in the UnitInfos XML file. I reduced the iCombatLimit value below 100 and the iCollateralDamageLimit similarly, yet ranged bombardment by artillery is still lethal.

I was already able to make air bombardment non-lethal and I've switched off the DCM stack attack. This is the last piece that would make RTW pretty much perfect for me.

Top Bottom