1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The Space Race - UN Building

Discussion in 'Imperium OffTopicum' started by Tani Coyote, Nov 6, 2012.

1. swimandciv

swimandciv Warlord

The Philip Pines propose that in order to resolve the situation in Europe, the two sides subject themselves to mediation from three unbiased and uninvolved states such as the Philip Pines, Tibet, and Columbus. These countries have no interest in the matter other than the establishment of an international code of conduct to avoid conflict. Such a decision would legitimize the UN as a peace-making body.

2. Ailedhoo

Ailedhoo wonderer

With the Nazis near Paris we are unable to resolve the issue till all Nazi forces are forced out of France. However for furthur confuct after that the SUDS will need to talk with all GED members. The Nazis have proven to be a threat. The Nazi leadership is set to be trailed for their crimes. The GED will consult before commencing action.

3. Patriotic_Fool

Patriotic_Fool The Mitt ©

Nazi Germany refuses outside intervention into Franco-German affairs. They will surrender or they will pay for being warmongers!

We do offer another proposal:

If France and Nazi Germany cannot find peace, then a blockade will be established directed at both of us. Only peaceful traders and civilian vessels (inspected for weapons) will be allowed to access the Nazi and French ports.

4. Ailedhoo

Ailedhoo wonderer

The Nazis think they have authority to call for a anti-military blockade set by the UN when it refuses peace?

Your claiments in France were of warmongering and your nearence to Paris is a threat that will be delt with.

If the UN does not wish to continue its downfall in reputation as the GED sees the true, power politics of the UN, then it will agree not to heed the desires of the Nazis.

5. Patriotic_Fool

We were merely expanding into sovereign German territory, and your plans to kill all my settlers was a failure. Surrender or die.

6. Ailedhoo

Ailedhoo wonderer

Excuse me? I was not seeking to kill your settlers: the only concern was to ensure East France and the local French population are one with France, which is of the SUDS. We were going to do it peacefully... then you claimed it for reasons of political power.

Odd you saying "surrender or die." You gains are hindered by our continued power and the march of the German Empire into your territory. Your lies will not heed well Nazis, just as you lied to make it look like we SUDS leaked information when we did not. Your fate will be set. Tell you what: how about you hand over yourselfs to the international courts and grand France its land back? That will make it less problematic for yourself. The alterative involves us giving you the taste of defeat... and it is a bitter one.

7. Darkfeather

Darkfeather Warlord

There is some confusion that needs to be cleared up. SUDS is not France, and "France" does not exist. Names do not matter, and location does not matter. The world is divided up into provinces and those are the only land claims that have any substance. If either name or arbitrary claim mattered, Poland would be in big trouble right now.

Poland is in Africa. Do they tell Germany not to claim Danzig because it is one of their ancestral cities? Do they accuse a sovereign nation of "bullying" them because they are expanding in completely reasonable way? All of the land that Patriotic_Fool is claiming is either touched by him or 2+ provinces away from you. This is the land that he is claiming, and you can check the provinces yourself. All of them are either touched by his original claims or there is an unclaimed province between you and them.

Spoiler :

Map of SUDS and Second Third Reich Claims

Let's delve further into the "bullying" complaint, as it comes up on at least every page of both threads. The goal of a nation is to expand it's interests. You can't scream at him for claiming land which is on his border.

Let's say for a minute that SUDS is France and therefore is, even in the middle of an alien takeover a thousand years later, somehow entitled to it's claims. History supports Patriotic_Fool wholeheartedly.

Spoiler :

Map of Europe, 1100 AD

Secondary Map of Europe, also 1100 AD

But let's say you don't believe that the map is up to date enough. That would be a completely valid complaint. From its birth, the Holy Roman empire proceeded to lose land consistently until it's death. So let's say that the "modern" period of time is for some reason the extra-special (and convenient for your argument) date we pick to define "France's" borders.

Spoiler :

Map of Europe, 1942

8. Double A

Double A ♫We got the guillotine♫

I prefer the term "Broconequus."

Das Boot votes for thi- oh wait we can't.

lolno

A capitalists wouldn't do what PF is doing because it's bad for business. For example, do you see me claiming Croatia?

I would reach across the isle but there's no one running against you.

9. Ailedhoo

Ailedhoo wonderer

@Darkfeather: you do know I am refering to "modern" France right?

The SUDS had declared their SOI. They declare France their SOI.

As for the bullying that is OOC stuff, not IC stuff. We are anyway sorting the issue out... violently needless to say.

Anyway: you need to back off Caliphate: these are not your affairs!

10. Darkfeather

Darkfeather Warlord

The Caliphate strives to be a neutral voice of reason to both sides. Both SUDS and Nazi Germany have declared France as their territory, and thus there is no recourse: either a UN mandate must be put into place or there must be war bloody enough to kill millions.

11. JamesCaesar

JamesCaesar People-Vulture

It seems bloody war is our only choice, as we don't want to waste time reasoning with a broken UN system.

12. Ailedhoo

Ailedhoo wonderer

The SUDS cradel is France. France is our homeland. The UN has proved itself to be a house of power politics then peace. A mandate is not peace: it is trading the lives of the people. The UN is imperialist: that is the observation of G.E.D, especilly after Venice's denouncement of the UN's mandate idea. We will not allow imperialists such as this "mandate" idea or the Nazis to claim East France. France belongs to France. You are adviced to keep out of this conflict: it is a matter of the G.E.D and the Nazis to settle. The SUDS will defend civilians and ensure fair treatment of prisioniars. We dread of what the Nazis will do to their civilians, let alone ours. We do what we must for not petty power politics but for justice! Viva la Revolution as we stand for victory over evil!

13. Patriotic_Fool

The 2nd 3rd Reich makes a pledge that we will not harm civilians unless absolutely necessary. By absolutely necessary, we mean if they attack us.

14. Ailedhoo

Ailedhoo wonderer

The mear fact you are using the threat of harming civilians is a sign you are unfit to control any part of the French population. Your trial is overdue. We will unite France to be free from your rule.

15. Patriotic_Fool

OOC: Just stop posting, stop typing, stop talking, and submit to me. I'm going to do terrible things to France and you're going to have to suffer through them, all because you were too whiny about a few provinces.

Now that I said that, please stop posting threats, posting stuff calling me evil, etc.

It's boring, repetitive, and physically painful to look at. Just stop. You win the award of "most annoying opponent in an IOT"! Congratulations!

16. Ailedhoo

Ailedhoo wonderer

OOC: Surrender? We are in stalemate and you call for surrender? And your "stop posting threats."

IC: Via la Revolution! The Nazis think they are winning: we will bring them into reality! The stalemate will be altered in our favour! Via la Revolution!

17. Patriotic_Fool

You're not even saying it right.....

/Cringe

18. Ailedhoo

Ailedhoo wonderer

Viva la revolution!

OOC: goodness... I got back to my IOT 9 way of saying it. It is now corrected.

19. JohannaK

JohannaK Heroically Clueless

Nevermind.

20. JamesCaesar

JamesCaesar People-Vulture