The Trapped Bannor (Help Needed)

Mknn

Prince
How do I get out of this:

* The Bannor are at war.
* So, they adopt crusade. Cuz, you know, it's the cool thing to do.
* But they are in a war that will last quite a while, becuse they underestimated the enemy. Whoops.
* And, lots of other civs are running Republic.
* And, the Overcouncil keeps asking them to adopt it.
* Which they defy. Cuz crusade is so cool.
* But now their cities are all :(. Which ain't so cool.

So, is there any way out of it? Or, do I need to abandon crusade (and lose all the units)? Or, do I just suffer massive :( for the greater glory of war everlasting?

And, if the latter, is this an error? Should the Bannor, when running crusade (and hence not able to build buildings to help with it) be more resistant to the happiness penalties that come from either resisting gov't changes or from the pressures of Republic?

Once you go into crusade, you don't leave it untill you've conquored the world, lest ye face one of the worst economic crashes the world has ever seen.

Yeah, once a resolution attempting to force you out of the crusade comes up, leave the council immediately, before there's a chance for the results to come in. Don't defy the resolution, vote either "yes" or "no" and don't wait around for the results. (Liberty's pretty bad for the AIs so I would reocmmend voting yes and booking, leaving them with their crappy bill.)

WarKirby said:
The OC doesn't have anything to do with Republic

they enforce Liberty on everyone, which is the same category as Crusade

Exactly. Now, since you are at a crusade, why don't you take the advice to change the civic from "Overcouncil" to "No membership"? It will save you a lot of trouble, since you no longer get any real benefits from it.

Exactly. Now, since you are at a crusade, why don't you take the advice to change the civic from "Overcouncil" to "No membership"? It will save you a lot of trouble, since you no longer get any real benefits from it.

well, you can still use it to influence the wars of other civs.

and there's the relations bonus.

and doesn't it have a few trade route resolutions?

well, you can still use it to influence the wars of other civs.

and there's the relations bonus.

and doesn't it have a few trade route resolutions?

What relations when you are on a crusade and have to continuously defy Liberty resolutions?
You actually get relation handicaps for defying the resolutions. Better off with No membership...

Clearly, this is an error of inexperience. That said, now that I am off that silly council and eschewing their silly ideas, will "the world considers you a villain" (BAH!) penalty decrease over time, or am I stuck with it for the rest of the game? Monkeyfinger's advice seems the best for future games ...

Only reason to stay on the council is if you are sure that you are in control forever (vassals, etc). Use it to declare war on those you crusade against :)

Clearly, this is an error of inexperience. That said, now that I am off that silly council and eschewing their silly ideas, will "the world considers you a villain" (BAH!) penalty decrease over time, or am I stuck with it for the rest of the game? Monkeyfinger's advice seems the best for future games ...

I am pretty sure it is decreased over time.

I only ever use the Overcouncil if I can control it 100%. That generally means either playing malakim-empyrean, as they can get three votes if they get their two heroes, or if I have a bunch of vassals that will always vote my way.

Fairly sure it works the same way as the A-palace or the UN in normal Civ. You will suffer under the penality untill you vote yes to something that goes through, or so i remember it as being. Also fairly sure that it wont decrease over time, remember sitting with the penality for quite a long time with no decreasment.

Top Bottom