The Tupi

Optik

Chieftain
Civilization: The Tupi
Leader: Cunhambebe

Trait
The Tamoyo Confederation

City-State :c5influence:Influence degrades at half and recovers at twice the normal rate.

Unique Unit
Blackwood Archer (Remplace Archer)
Free Promo: bonus when fighting on Forest and Jungle(50)

Unique Building
Cannibal Altar (Remplace Courthouse)
+4 :c5culture:Culture, 2 :c5gold:Gold Maintenance
Eliminates extra :c5unhappy:Unhappiness from an :c5occupied:Occupied City,
trained units in the City heals more quickly (Free Promo: Fast Heal).

Update:
I finally puts the previous UA back, making this civilization more interesting.

Awesome! If anything, maybe make the green a tiny bit darker, just so there is a bit more contrast, but only slightly, and other than that, it's great! However I do think the UB is a bit situational, and I don't like the production penalty. How about having it replace the collosieum, provide less happiness (2 :c5happy: instead of 3) and some culture?

It's true that the penalty may sound repulsive, i'll maybe remove it. But Canibal Altar as a building can be only obtained after having conquered a city is very suitable for the Tupi Civilization. Bonuses earned will perhaps convince the player to make some wars and not always keep his puppet cities: +4 culture/free promo is huge for a building (with a small goldmaintenance).

Going to give it a go in a few minutes - I'm finding some diplo backgrounds to work fine, but others crash the game part way into the DOM speech.

Looks good though :)

Hi, I've decided to try out this civ, and I noticed that the Blackwood Archer costs 75 hammers. This makes the unit actually worse than the standard Archer which costs 40 hammers after the recent patch. Should, because of the patch, the Blackwood Archer cost be modified as well?

Hi, I've decided to try out this civ, and I noticed that the Blackwood Archer costs 75 hammers. This makes the unit actually worse than the standard Archer which costs 40 hammers after the recent patch. Should, because of the patch, the Blackwood Archer cost be modified as well?

thanks, it's been a while since my last game, i'll update it.

Another note: your trait description would seem to indicate that city influence recovers 0.33 per turn, and degrades 0.33 per turn. In reality it recovers 1.67 per turn and degrades at 0.59 per turn.

The CityStateFriendshipModifier you use in your trait works like this:
influence recovery: (100 + CityStateFriendshipModifier) / 100
influence degradation: 100 / (100 + CityStateFriendshipModifier)

So to get a degradation of a third of normal, you'd need to set CityStateFriendshipModifier to 200.

Note that I think the current CityStateFriendshipModifier is just fine and balanced as it is. While that part of the Tupi trait is weaker than the Greek trait, this is compensated for by the extra hammers near the capital and the awesome unique building.

So your trait should read "Influence degrades at 60% and recovers at 167% the normal rate."

I'd also like to suggest to put a point "." after "...each worked Forest tile in the Capital" to improve readability.

Awesome civ! :goodjob:

Another note: your trait description would seem to indicate that city influence recovers 0.33 per turn, and degrades 0.33 per turn. In reality it recovers 1.67 per turn and degrades at 0.59 per turn.

The CityStateFriendshipModifier you use in your trait works like this:
influence recovery: (100 + CityStateFriendshipModifier) / 100
influence degradation: 100 / (100 + CityStateFriendshipModifier)

So to get a degradation of a third of normal, you'd need to set CityStateFriendshipModifier to 200.

Note that I think the current CityStateFriendshipModifier is just fine and balanced as it is. While that part of the Tupi trait is weaker than the Greek trait, this is compensated for by the extra hammers near the capital and the awesome unique building.

So your trait should read "Influence degrades at 60% and recovers at 167% the normal rate."

I'd also like to suggest to put a point "." after "...each worked Forest tile in the Capital" to improve readability.

Awesome civ! :goodjob:

I changed the trait of civilization Tupi but not changed the headings on this page. I removed the production bonus in the capital, cause on the map I prepare there is no forest and the original Trait is better.
The previous Trait was "one-thrid" not thrid, so the CityStateFriendshipModifier was 66.

Top Bottom