The universe's big hole.

I hope this sheds light on the dark energy mystery.

Though I greatly appreciate the cleverness in this thread.

It's a billion light years across. That's 10 times larger than our galaxy.

That would have been a hell of a black hole - and we would have detected such a thing.

Our galaxy is only 100,000 light years in diameter. This thing is 1,000 times larger than our galaxy. Could be a cloaked spaceship coming to splatter our collective brains across the galactic wall.

Our galaxy is only 100,000 light years in diameter. This thing is 1,000 times larger than our galaxy. Could be a cloaked spaceship coming to splatter our collective brains across the galactic wall.
It's about 10,000 times the diamater would make it on the order of a trillion times the volume.

It's about 10,000 times the diamater would make it on the order of a trillion times the volume.

And? I didn't say anything about volume. I was merely talking about diameter.

And? I didn't say anything about volume. I was merely talking about diameter.
1. You were off by an order of magnitude
2. Your post only said "larger" which is misleading.

1. You were off by an order of magnitude
2. Your post only said "larger" which is misleading.

So I misplaced a zero. You spelled "diamater" wrong, but I'm not nitpicking about it.

So I misplaced a zero. You spelled "diamater" wrong, but I'm not nitpicking about it.
Misplacing the zero significanlty alters the size comparison my mispellings do not.

Misplacing the zero significanlty alters the size comparison my mispellings do not.

No but your constant spelling and grammar mistakes make it hard to take posts seriously; a simple absent minded mistake does not.

No but your constant spelling and grammar mistakes make it hard to take posts seriously; a simple absent minded mistake does not.
1. My spelling and grammatical mistakes are simple absent minded mistakes.
2. Most of my mistakes are so minor they do not change the meaning or readibility of my statements.
3. Correcting the meaning of someone's post (which, absent minded mistake or not is still wrong) doesn't mean that the post isn't taken seriously.

BTW, you forgot a comma after "No". ;)

It's the hole where the scientists can insert things into our Universe. Because everyone knows god is merely a scientist named Jehovah working a 9-5 job in some advanced lab for the superior universe. We are in a box next to Universes 3-270.

well clearly the absence of evidence is not the evidence is absence, nor the evidence of abstinence. Let's roll!

How much WMDs could one store there?
Let's find out!

Now the fundamental capacity woud be limited by gravity, too much and the whole thing collapses into a black hole and you're screwed,

The mass of a black hole follows the equation m=(r*C^2)/(2G) where r is the radius, C is the speed of light, and G is the gravitational consant, and 2 is two.

Now this thing is a billion lightyears across so the total mass available for WMD storage is 6.34 × 10^51 kg (about a 5th of the mass of the entire universe)

Now a Davy Crockett (smallest nuclear device made) weighs 34.5 kg so that's 1.8x10^50 of the bad boys.

If we were to put them in a nice pretty rectangular grid they would each be spaced 170,000km apart

Top Bottom