1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The Wheel of Time - C3C FULL mod

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Creation & Customization' started by alerum68, May 3, 2004.

?

What do you want from a WoT MOD?

1. Staying True to the Book

61 vote(s)
    38.1%
  2. Game Play

80 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. JUST PUT IT OUT QUICKLY!!!

19 vote(s)
    11.9%
  1. CamJH

CamJH Uncle Cam

2. tjedge1

tjedge1 Writer of writerly things

I love it.

3. Saturn6

Saturn6 Emperor Caesar

I have to second that..that wise one is good!

4. CamJH

CamJH Uncle Cam

Thanks guys, I appreciate it.
    When I figure out which WoT unit is next on the list, I'll be sure to post previews.

5. Saturn6

Saturn6 Emperor Caesar

Cam, could you just remind me what page the unit list is on, so I can determine progress and so forth.

6. CamJH

CamJH Uncle Cam

The most current list is on page 23, but you can also find a link to it in my sig for time's sake.

7. Saturn6

Saturn6 Emperor Caesar

What are looking at, timewise, for when the Warder and Aes Saidi come out?

8. CamJH

CamJH Uncle Cam

Kinboat said that he would put together a Warder unit for us, so he could give a better estimate than me. He is one of the most sought after people on the forum though, so he might be tied up for a while.

I can put together the Aes Sedai unit, but I want to hold off until the Warder is complete. The relationship of these units is peculiar to say the least, so I'll have to give some thought to how I want to tie them together. I've toyed around with making them into a multi-unit, alternating their attacks. Or... another way to go would be to keep them separate and give the Aes Sedai the transport ability. The Warder we'd keep also as a separate unit no matter what, so that they could be enslaved/bonded by an Aes Sedai.

9. Kinboat

Kinboat Conan the Librarian

Well... I'm planning on doing the Ranger/warder units in the next one or two. So it shouldn't be too long :D

10. tjedge1

Love the avatar Kinboat. Brings back memories of UHF. I need to go look for that movie and get a copy. Too good to not have a copy. If nothing else excpet for that commercial. Which I have copied on my hard drive. ;)

11. CamJH

CamJH Uncle Cam

So is that what all librarians look like... or just those that reside in Pennsylvania? :)

The Ranger/Warder units are probably the 2 units that I've looked forward to the most so far. Guess that's a natural side effect of getting hooked onto LOTR and WOT for so many years. I'm sure the guys over at Lord of the Mods are pretty excited about the release as well.

12. Kinboat

Kinboat Conan the Librarian

No we don't ALL look like that... although that might get more people bringing their books back on time, especially if we made house calls.

The model for those units is done. I just need to animate them. I'll probably use the same basic animations and just vary the colors and the cloak effect. If there are any special animations you would like for the warder let me know. I'm thinking especially about victories, fidgets and anything to fit in with a possible multi-unit. Maybe I should just send you the Poser animations and you can animate the other unit in the same scene and render them at once.

13. CamJH

CamJH Uncle Cam

Sheathing his sword (victory) or wrapping his cloak around himself to blend in more with his surroundings (fidget) would be nice, but I know that those animations would be a pretty big pain in the @$$. Whatever you decide, you know I'll be happy with.

For the Aes Sedai/Warder combined animations, I was thinking the Warder would have the first 2 attacks in the sequence, and then give Attack C left up to the Aes Sedai (or possibly having them both attack on this one). I think this is a plausible way to have them as unit despite their oaths, since they would then be defending the life of their Warder so to speak. Any of the other animations, I really haven't given that much thought yet... except that I'd probably continue with the lightning death for drawing in too much of the source.

If you'd like to send me the animations, I'd be glad to have them... but I have had some problems with opening old poses/animations in Poser 6. I think they switched the system up a bit, although I'm not sure as to how. :hmm: Probably worth a try though.

Thanks again Kinboat :)

14. betrayerofhope

betrayerofhope Chieftain

"I just want to say good luck, we're all counting on you" :goodjob:

15. Saturn6

Saturn6 Emperor Caesar

Hey Cam, I think I have Jasc's paint shop... I found it on a CD I got.

16. Mitsugi

Mitsugi Chieftain

I have been following this thread for a very long time, and I'd like to thank you for keeping this Mod going. Huge fan of WOT and just a little less obsessed with CIV3. I can see from the units that this is going to be one heck of a MOD!

Keep up the good work! :goodjob:

17. tjedge1

Hey, has anyone heard the rumors of Robert Jordan trying to make the Eye of the World into a movie?

18. CamJH

CamJH Uncle Cam

Seriously?
    Would be tough. Each book is close to the equivalent of the LOTR "trilogy" in length, and they had to cut so much out to make it cinema-size. Could be cool though.

:hmm:... maybe I'll throw my hat in to play Rand... 6'5, blonde hair (close enough to red), with blue eyes. :)

19. Noldodan

Noldodan 2 years of waiting...

20. alerum68

alerum68 Priest of Hiroshima

That site is over a year old, and I haven't heard a word beyond that in a LONG time. The company who has the rights isn't very large, and with the effects that movie requires, they may already have gone under.:p