The youth of today

TheDuckOfFlanders

the fish collecter
Sometimes i hear the goold old remark from a senior responsible adult ,oh this youth of today ,how will the world end with them?

Oh this youth of today ,it's so materialistic. They all have to have a mobile phone ,100$ shoe's and equally expensive clothes.Meanwhile Grownup's in Sweden are producing mobile phone's en masse to buy them a living ,sales are important.A investor recently opened a shoe factory in Burma making use of flexible labor laws to pay his workmen a dollar a day ,most of the costs goes in marketing impressing young people that this product is cool and if you don't wear it youll be desoicialized from youre generation ,so presented the seazoned marketeer in his Guchi suit his product ,afterall he has to earn his food on the table.

A grownup sit's in his prefferably villa with surrounding garden and matching SUV in his oakwood furniture looking at his broadview TV watching kids starve in Africa and cries foul ,moves his butt at his "hardearned" Turkey with 3 variety's of vegetable's filled table and critisized his son who just didn't eat up the leg he took of the Turkey wich now goes to waste ,shame you son if it was war you would have valued the smaller pieces of meat on that leg.100 kilometers from him peasent's are destroying a few tons of food as it went in mass production that year ,prices must be stabilized.

Valuable natural resource's are squandered at worrying rate's to produce for parts product's that are in itself waste.Carppoling? no thank you Mister i rather are comfterable alone in my luxury spacey car filled with Supermarket product's that in itself have more wrap around them than product in it.
No worry's ,by the time the resource's are out were already dead.This youth of today? No respect!
Give throw them a hard deserved product and theyl hardly respect you for it.
We worked hard to kill of all the nature in our surrounding to Flood it with cosy homes and parking lots ,and now they are vandalizing it!

Our society is grayening they say ,a large poppulation of pension elegible people will have to be supported by a small amount of young people ,a burden ,for later that is.Don't let us worry about it now anyway ,while our economy's are still strong and this mass consuming wealth can still be upheld ,maybe still for a few years ,a decade or 2 maybe.
A young student at shool is more occupied with SMSing to his mate's in class than listening to the lessons ,oh cries the the teacher ,how will society ever mold you into a senseless working drone to upkeep our by hard work created exuberant consuming society ,fear for my pension i do.
Youll be a failure ,be thrown in for the dirty job's in youre proffesional life later until you jum before a train ending the depressing future of youre life.

Oh this youth of today ,watch them rave in hard music filled disco's with drug's running trough their veins ,the 200 pound weithing man eating his 10 stages menu in the French cottage restaurant over his 8th glass of Chateau Lafitte 1787 shake's his head in dissapointment.

I may be very sarcasticly here ,but am i the only person of this generation that is sick of the negative generalizations made on his generation while seeing the inheritance of a sick ,egoistical and unsustainable society created by grownups wich are giving "the right example"?

yes you are the only person

TheDuckOfFlanders said:
Sometimes i hear the goold old remark from a senior responsible adult ,oh this youth of today ,how will the world end with them?

Oh this youth of today ,it's so materialistic. They all have to have a mobile phone ,100$ shoe's and equally expensive clothes.Meanwhile Grownup's in Sweden are producing mobile phone's en masse to buy them a living ,sales are important.A investor recently opened a shoe factory in Burma making use of flexible labor laws to pay his workmen a dollar a day ,most of the costs goes in marketing impressing young people that this product is cool and if you don't wear it youll be desoicialized from youre generation ,so presented the seazoned marketeer in his Guchi suit his product ,afterall he has to earn his food on the table.

A grownup sit's in his prefferably villa with surrounding garden and matching SUV in his oakwood furniture looking at his broadview TV watching kids starve in Africa and cries foul ,moves his butt at his "hardearned" Turkey with 3 variety's of vegetable's filled table and critisized his son who just didn't eat up the leg he took of the Turkey wich now goes to waste ,shame you son if it was war you would have valued the smaller pieces of meat on that leg.100 kilometers from him peasent's are destroying a few tons of food as it went in mass production that year ,prices must be stabilized.

Valuable natural resource's are squandered at worrying rate's to produce for parts product's that are in itself waste.Carppoling? no thank you Mister i rather are comfterable alone in my luxury spacey car filled with Supermarket product's that in itself have more wrap around them than product in it.
No worry's ,by the time the resource's are out were already dead.This youth of today? No respect!
Give throw them a hard deserved product and theyl hardly respect you for it.
We worked hard to kill of all the nature in our surrounding to Flood it with cosy homes and parking lots ,and now they are vandalizing it!

Our society is grayening they say ,a large poppulation of pension elegible people will have to be supported by a small amount of young people ,a burden ,for later that is.Don't let us worry about it now anyway ,while our economy's are still strong and this mass consuming wealth can still be upheld ,maybe still for a few years ,a decade or 2 maybe.
A young student at shool is more occupied with SMSing to his mate's in class than listening to the lessons ,oh cries the the teacher ,how will society ever mold you into a senseless working drone to upkeep our by hard work created exuberant consuming society ,fear for my pension i do.
Youll be a failure ,be thrown in for the dirty job's in youre proffesional life later until you jum before a train ending the depressing future of youre life.

Oh this youth of today ,watch them rave in hard music filled disco's with drug's running trough their veins ,the 200 pound weithing man eating his 10 stages menu in the French cottage restaurant over his 8th glass of Chateau Lafitte 1787 shake's his head in dissapointment.

I may be very sarcasticly here ,but am i the only person of this generation that is sick of the negative generalizations made on his generation while seeing the inheritance of a sick ,egoistical and unsustainable society created by grownups wich are giving "the right example"?

the old complain about the young and the young complain about the old, Welcome to the way humanity has been since ever.

The youth of today, and I'm fairly insulted to include myself among them, is abunch of sex-crazed idoits who lives there whole life to "just have fun."

As much as I'm concerned, they can go kill themselves. There are some good ones around, but the large majority of them needs a huge reality check.

The youth of today: Fat, Lazy, Weak, Soft, Incompatent and self defeating

Strider said:
The youth of today, and I'm fairly insulted to include myself among them, is abunch of sex-crazed idoits who lives there whole life to "just have fun."

which is exactly the way it has been since the begining of time. Face it, kids are rude, and vulgar, hell us teen age boys should just have our genitals on our heads its all we think about, we enjoy loud music and the majority are un-intelligent, thats bad because everyone in the first two thirds of this century could map out the history of mankind since the punic wars with exact presecity :rolleyes: . Who cares!? we are the youth, we grow like we have since before Caesar, just let it go and stop trying to deny what you are

Immature people are annoying. And chronological age often has nothing to do with maturity.

Strider said:

As much as I'm concerned, they can go kill themselves. There are some good ones around, but the large majority of them needs a huge reality check.

Thats USA youth.

For myself, I have no problem getting allong with anyone, older or younger, and where I come from, its only a whinny minority that complains about youth. Being 22, I look at the people of my age around me and I dont see much lazy, alchoolic, worthless spoiled trash all that much.

If your talking about 13 to18 years olders, its their definition to be worthless trash (demi-joke ;) ) But that changes over time. And might I add, thats what teen years are for.

andrewgprv said:
Immature people are annoying. And chronological age often has nothing to do with maturity.

Agreed. The sarcasm in the opening post has some base to it, but saying that the current leading generation is wrong, isn't a legitimate argument for our generation to be wrong, as well. :goodjob:

When parents are no longer the mature adults they once were, but rather immature (and often times adolescents) - it should not be a surprise that their offspring grow up with poor values or none at all. Considering they learn all initial lessons from these same people, it's to even less surprise that the trend not only continues, but increases.

Maybe 100 or 1000 years ago the same quarrel existed, but it's easy to see things are worse now considering science has revealed issues such as the damaging of the environment - that was unknown in the past. Fools make mistakes, but the stupid make the same mistakes repeatedly.

Strider said:

Obviously you have no confidence in the youth of today, we simply adapt to our changing surroundings. Things may be easier and people may have more but isn't that good?

Maybe we are sex-crazed but every generation was that way, we are just a little more open about it.

zeon252 said:
Obviously you have no confidence in the youth of today, we simply adapt to our changing surroundings. Things may be easier and people may have more but isn't that good?
The youth are adapting in the sense of taking on the new technology, traditions, etc - but they are doing so in a way that neglects or completely replaces other traditions, morals, lessons, etc. These latter issues are far more important in life then cell phones, fast cars, etc.

Blah, the youth of today (I'm 14) is semi-alright. There are smart kids and good people who will turn out just fine, but there are a LOT of idiots who are going to find themselves on welfare in about 10 years.

But, not to hijack the thread or anything, but a lot of the "anti-responsibility" and "loose moral" stuff you've all been listing is coming out of public schools...one end of the political spectrum (That shant be named, of course) is gradually moving the people in America over into the "The Simple Life" bucket. I know tons of people who just don't give a sh*t. At all. They don't do homework or projects, they just slack off, and show off D's and F's on tests during class. It's all a game to them. Which, I wouldn't normally care about if I didn't think my taxes will be paying for them in twenty years. They're just cuddled by teachers and passed each year when their parents call the counsilor.

elfangor801 said:
Blah, the youth of today (I'm 14) is semi-alright. There are smart kids and good people who will turn out just fine, but there are a LOT of idiots who are going to find themselves on welfare in about 10 years.

But, not to hijack the thread or anything, but a lot of the "anti-responsibility" and "loose moral" stuff you've all been listing is coming out of public schools...one end of the political spectrum (That shant be named, of course) is gradually moving the people in America over into the "The Simple Life" bucket. I know tons of people who just don't give a sh*t. At all. They don't do homework or projects, they just slack off, and show off D's and F's on tests during class. It's all a game to them. Which, I wouldn't normally care about if I didn't think my taxes will be paying for them in twenty years. They're just cuddled by teachers and passed each year when their parents call the counsilor.

I have a friend like that.

Strider said:

That's the way it was back in the 70's.
Trust me, I know. I watch That 70's Show.

The youth in my area seem to be getting shorter as the generations roll on and more are pathetically trying to adopt the gangster look. It all seems funny to me to see in my school some 5 foot kid wearing pants that are falling down, and the rest, and trying to act all tough. I can't keep a straight face.

Strider said:

I echo your opinon, half my classes seem like day-care because of those people.

Top Bottom