There is something broken with this leader

semirami

The Wolf
8 Quechuas and a cover random event leads to:

And not only this. Look:

There is something broken, don't you think?

Settings: Monarch/Marathon/Fractal/Standart/everything else by default

The Inca UU is broken even without the Cover event, unless you start isolated.

Playing on Marathon only helps because it gives you plenty of time to move your Quechua stack around.

In Mad's Inca RPC I had a single Quechua, with Cover promotion from barb fights, moved into the Khmer starting BFC, actually only to steal his worker. I then realized that my chances to kill his (single) Archer were around 33%... and I won.

I never play Inca because the early game is too obvious (Rome is similar in my opinion, unless you lack Iron).

He's widely regarded as the best leader in the game, is he not? Quechas are so ridiculously versatile in the early goings. You can rush with them, they choke like no warrior could dream of, and you don't need to tech archery because unlike warriors, quechas totally own archers, especially when fortified on hills or in forests.

Then you have industrious and financial to fall back on, meaning if you have a lot of room and can't quecha rush you can safely make some wonders without getting boxed in. Financial is pretty brainless to use too :p.

I don't play as them much because it's so easy, maybe even easier than Rome depending on the map.

-7 at 10%, with one city still revolting. I bet you won't win this game as easily as you think.

He can always Oracle Pottery if things get really bad.
Heh.

Razing may not have been a bad idea for most of those cities. Can't believe you have GOLD right outside you cap and haven't found a way to use it by now...

Valid point though: they are nasty little buggers. I've fortified them on forests next to an AI cap and all they ate was archer.

In an ongoing game, I have used Quechas to take out three of the four opponents on my continent. I have four capitals by 500 BC, though it is only on Prince. I've already won.

-7 at 10%, with one city still revolting. I bet you won't win this game as easily as you think.
I bet he will. He has two very sexy commerce sites (one with plenty of flood plains + pig, the other grassland river forests + rice). Actually I would leave the forest city exactly as it is and build the National Park there.

The Maintenance is huge. When Thebes comes out of revolt, it is -10 turn at 0% research, with only 1 Que per city and everything else disbanded. There is no way to avoid strike and it will disband workers, so pottery is useless. But I am OK, unless if I accidently lose The Oracle. Take Writing from Oracle, whip library everywhere, The Pyramids are 50% done, that's 10 scientist under represetation= 60 beakers and I'll pop at least one great prophet. Code of lows is next, caste system and replacing scientist with merchants, build workers and slowly replace SE with CE, or if you like continue with SE. I bet, that the both Parthenon and GL will be completed in Cuzco before 1AD.

I'll bet your maintenance costs are insane.

When this happens early you just leave the cities you dont want undefended and let the barbarians have them. This is usually what you should do if you conquer an entire continent and want to keep a holy city you've captured around for later use. I would have saved Memphis and Thebes for the barbies and burned Karakorum and Rome.

You should probably look to tech through Writing, and take CoL from the Oracle, and switch to Caste, and run merchants til you get back on your feet. I had to do that a few times before I got the hang of expanding at a more reasonable pace, and razing cities if I cant afford to keep them. One thing I think a lot of players forget is that you CAN rebuild in that same exact spot, heh. They think "oh, I can save the cost of a settler if I keep the city . . ." , not realizing that keeping all those cities end up costing you WAY more than a couple settlers.

You should probably look to tech through Writing, and take CoL from the Oracle, and switch to Caste, and run merchants til you get back on your feet. I had to do that a few times before I got the hang of expanding at a more reasonable pace, and razing cities if I cant afford to keep them. One thing I think a lot of players forget is that you CAN rebuild in that same exact spot, heh. They think "oh, I can save the cost of a settler if I keep the city . . ." , not realizing that keeping all those cities end up costing you WAY more than a couple settlers.

If it's me and the other guy in isolation, then yes I'll razz. Usually I'm loathe to do so though, because the other AI's are amazingly quick to take razed land for themselves. I'd rather fleece the AI for cities in stages if I can't afford to assimilate the whole thing. You know, give them time to build the cities up a bit so they can pay for themselves ;).

Top Bottom