This IS a Conservative C2C MP game Thunderbrd! :p

That means no compiled dll and even more important no fpk files because most free git hosters have much smaller size limits.
Then, Imo, it's not even up for consideration. I tried GIT once and really hated it because it was just a mess of files but I might just not have understood what I was doing. But I had to get something from it and it was kinda nightmarish if I recall. I understand that with proper guidance it's probably a lot easier to work with than it seemed so that probably isn't that much an issue.

However, from my limited understanding, the fpks dramatically reduce the overall mod size and really speed up processing. I could be wrong but firaxis built this compression and decompression method for some reason and I have to at least guess the reason is due to it being a superior method to loose files. Otherwise, why go through all the trouble of designing it?

And how would we work the DLL if we can't commit it?

Github is much more flexible for larger teams, but the advantages are less (of the model that is) with a small team like this one. I was really meaning for the savefiles (which are small enough to be under typical binary limits I'm fairly sure) of the multiplayer games though. The mod itself is a whole other discussion.

SVN is back again.

So Spirictum next.

I had to delete some (auto) backup files from a SVN re-download. Game is OK - just check the turn counter file.

Sorry I couldn't make it, but tomorrow I'll have my morning free so this will be a priority. I'm not officially having classes (but I'm attending them) as I got late into the process because of the previous issues I had with my discount. So I'm having to solve it this week. But it has a limit day which will be next week, and should be announced in the next days. Then I hope things will finally come back to normal.

It seems there are problems with Sourceforge again. I have tried to Update to get at the new savegame, but I keep getting a "PuTTY Fatal Error" saying "Server unexpectedly closed network connection" after I type in my password. I even tried a Cleanup, but that did not help. So, @Spirictum , if you could post the savegame that would help. Thanks.

It's a full week since the last turn. Is EVERYONE determined to add delays?

My turn was taken yesterday. Sorry I forgot to post that I had. My primary focus is on trying to clean up our v38.1 mess and get unstuck from where I'm at with that because it affects a lot more than just us. Truth be told, not having many turns this week has been a timely godsend. I love these games but when I'm stressed out working out a series of bugs and have been pouring all possible time into it since Saturday night, I'm thankful for a temporary lull here. Not that it was intentional on my end. Sorry.

Harrier up!

Sorry guys bad news. My graphics card failed over the weekend. It will be sometime (weeks) before I can either get it replaced or buy a new PC.

So I am going to retire from this game. Can someone take my turn and retire me. Koshling may be the best person to do to do that.

I'll be back

Sorry guys bad news. My graphics card failed over the weekend. It will be sometime (weeks) before I can either get it replaced or buy a new PC.

So I am going to retire from this game. Can someone take my turn and retire me. Koshling may be the best person to do to do that.

I'll be back
Just let your team mate take your turns until you get back then. It would be unfair to your team member to have to put up with an AI team member.

Just let your team mate take your turns until you get back then. It would be unfair to your team member to have to put up with an AI team member.

This is not the team game. Can we perhaps try to find a replacement for Harrier? I shouldn't be the one to play his turn since I am (one of) his neighbours, so it would be particularly bad for me to get visibility. Ideally we should get a replacement (perhaps one of the folks keenly doing lets-plays currently??). Failing that someone from the other side of the world (at least someone not currently in contact with Harrier, and preferably not in contact with anyone he is in contact with) should take his current turn and retire him.

[Edit] - if anyone is not in contact with anyone else, then that person would be the ideal choice

Last edited:
I am not in contact with anyone. If his game is not password protected I can do this.

Spirictum Next,

Harrier has been Retired.

Top Bottom