This is how you denounce/respond

That's a great find, thanks! I hope to see many an in-game rivalry between old Freddie and Saladin.

Quick Summary for those who don't want to read the whole thing:

Frederick: I am the greatest, bestest emperor of Rome. Jerusalem belongs to us by the authority of the true Christian God. Give it back to us or in 12 months, me and my friends (and I have a lot of them) are going to come down to where you live and kick your ass. You've been warned.

Saladin: I thought we were friends but I got this letter from some guy who claimed to be your messenger. If the letter is really from you then here is my reply. I got a bunch of friends too who will defend me. We outnumber you by a lot! Moreover, we have kicked your ass many times in the past and will do it again. So bring it on, we're ready!

The Spartan style is quite wonderful as well:

Phillip II of Macedon: (Summarized) You must surrender to me, for if I invade your lands you will all be my slaves.

Sparta: If...

Gorgo's leader screen really ought to be in the laconic style.

This thread makes me think that the civ6 leader's need to have some good zingers when they denounce or declare war.

Great stuff, thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:

If they can use historical quotes it's great. When I conquered William of Orange in my last game his parting words where what he (supposedly) said on his death bed:

My God, have mercy on my soul; my God, have mercy on these poor people

Sent shivers down my spine.

And here I thought Teddy Roosevelt was supposed to be the one that was fiercely protective of his city states.

I hope writings like this make it into the game somehow. Saladin's letter has some juicy stuff: "Whenever your armies are assembled... and whenever you lead them, as your messenger tells us, we will meet you in the power of God." That would be a great Attacked line for Saladin in-game. :)

I hope writings like this make it into the game somehow. Saladin's letter has some juicy stuff: "Whenever your armies are assembled... and whenever you lead them, as your messenger tells us, we will meet you in the power of God." That would be a great Attacked line for Saladin in-game. :)

I think such a line would work better as a response to being Denounced, since it appears that Denouncing in Civ6 is primarily a tool to declare hostilities (being a necessary step for a Formal Declaration of War).

Nice, cool find. This made me wonder - are there any other contemporaries among the leaders?

Pedro II and Victoria come to mind. Also Teddy but he became the POTUS the year Victoria died. Anyone else?

Edit: also Philip II and Catherine although I think she may have been out of power by the time he began his rule.

Top Bottom