Thread to Report Issues with new xenForo version 2.2

leif erikson

Game of the Month Fanatic
Administrator
GOTM Staff
Supporter
Now that we're back up and running, please use this thread to report any issues you may find. Please describe what you were trying to do and where on the forum you were.

Please provide links, when appropriate, to where the issue occurred on the forum.

Thank you for your patience.

To note:
- we might get at some point again collapsible forums
- the default avatar gallery is not yet there
- vbulletin style links are currently not working EDIT: This was fixed by Xenforo
- the gift upgrades addon is not there, so no new people can become a supporter, but old supporters should get all the supporter benefits

Last edited:
What does "push notification" mean?

Are we getting the Dark theme back? There are some things I can barely see on these light backgrounds.

What does "push notification" mean?
For anything that would trigger the alerts (likes, quotes, etc), you would get a notification somewhere on the bottom, even if you don't have the CFC tab open.
Are we getting the Dark theme back? There are some things I can barely see on these light backgrounds.
...potentially.
If this is just a preference, then this will probably be on the waiting list.
If you consider this a general issue for readibility/accesibility, then I might have a look tomorrow.

For anything that would trigger the alerts (likes, quotes, etc), you would get a notification somewhere on the bottom, even if you don't have the CFC tab open.

...potentially.
If this is just a preference, then this will probably be on the waiting list.
If you consider this a general issue for readibility/accesibility, then I might have a look tomorrow.
Oh, like how I get popup notifications from Facebook... I'll think on that.

The theme is more than a preference issue. It's a readability/accessibility issue. Since my cataracts issue 3 years ago, I've had problems coping with websites with light backgrounds, especially when some of the parts of it are either pastel colors or barely different from the main background. I tried to select some text and now I can't even see if it worked. Black backgrounds work best for me since there isn't the glare I get from the light backgrounds and I can see what I'm doing.

I guess it would just count as a preference for me personally, but I would strongly prefer to have a dark theme, especially for when checking the forums at night before bed. (I'd also suggest avoiding blue hues in dark themes, as they cause the most eye strain and do the most to keep people awake at night. A black/charcoal with red or green accents would be nice.)

You might also want to rename the default theme, unless the misspelling of "Civilization" as "Civilziation" was intentional.

I am very pro the collapsible forums (already mentioned by @The_J ).

Upon first opening the New and Improved Forum I was greeted by the (ordinary but annoying) "Ya gotta accept our cookies!!".
Okay. There. Satisfied?

However, every time I change pages (like, to a different forum) I still get the greyed-out box at the bottom, although there is no text in it.

EDIT: Did not realize I wasn't signed in. When I did sign in, the box no longer appeared. (But I still think it should go away after it's accepted, right?)

I am very pro the collapsible forums (already mentioned by @The_J ).

Upon first opening the New and Improved Forum I was greeted by the (ordinary but annoying) "Ya gotta accept our cookies!!".
Okay. There. Satisfied?

However, every time I change pages (like, to a different forum) I still get the greyed-out box at the bottom, although there is no text in it.

Could I have a screenshot please?

Death to the top bar

That one should actually look exactly as before. Just that you now have it when you scroll down too.

This is not very important to me, but I suppose it might be to somebody. Used to be one could hover of the alert-bell and you'd see a drop-down of the notifications. Now, the alerts do not show, and (further) once I moved away from hovering, the red numeral went away, as if it considered I had seen the notifications.

Wow, just that quick - COLLAPSIBLE FORUMS! Way to go, somebody!

That one should actually look exactly as before. Just that you now have it when you scroll down too.
“Just”
Death to the top bar

This is not very important to me, but I suppose it might be to somebody. Used to be one could hover of the alert-bell and you'd see a drop-down of the notifications. Now, the alerts do not show, and (further) once I moved away from hovering, the red numeral went away, as if it considered I had seen the notifications.
mmhh... which browser? This does not seem to be the same behaviour for me in either FF or Chromium.
Wow, just that quick - COLLAPSIBLE FORUMS! Way to go, somebody!
Please check if they are permanent (log-out and in)

1657911812518.png

Had to sign-out to get the pic, then sign back in to post a reply.

mmhh... which browser? This does not seem to be the same behaviour for me in either FF or Chromium.

Please check if they are permanent (log-out and in)
Hmmm, no, the collapses do not appear to be permanent (yet, but maybe I'll check again in 30 seconds or so... )

Top Bottom