TNESII: Et In Arcadia Ego

The Apparatus of State​

First Minister Buford Haversly pinched the bridge of his nose, sighed, and looked at his foreign secretary. A Dumpy man named John Birnie.

"I don't like this, the recent politics coming out of St. George are confusing at the best of times, and now we have all this sudden movement. Calls for a religious Conference and that Act which amounts to little more than an excuse to go around stirring up trouble and attempting to annex land,"

John took a handkerchief and wiped his brow before replying

"We know what conferences are for, stalling and diverting peoples attention away from whats really occuring, its unlikely that the Kingdom would do something as idiotic as seek full communion with the Church,"

At this Buford snorted "The only thing the Arcadian people are in communion with is their King, so if the Kingdom starts talking about religion what they are really discussing is politics,"

"Yes indeed, so we have to look at this like it is merely a political problem and in that sense the Arcadian people will be intractable to seeking full communion. Thus the conference I assume is an effort to seek allies before they alienated everyone they shared a significant land border with or an effort to distract others from potential wars,"

Buford stood up "Thank you John that will be all for the moment", walking him to the door he spoke to the Principle Secretary "Get me the Chancellor immediately,"

To: The Lord Chancellor Richard Heron (Kingdom of Arcadia)

With regards to the Act "Regarding the Accession of New Provinces and Territories to the Kingdom" specifically the parts pertaining to Lands of English Descent, whilst the Arcadian Kingdom has always considered itself to be the rightfull successor to the British Kingdom it has never seriously been considered a policy to be persued and thus our governments have co-existed if not in harmony then at least without threats being exchanged. However, with this recent Act this relationship is threatened, we seek your assurances that this Act does not Consititute a desire to break this relationship.

I feel I must reiterate this nations guarantee of the Republic of New Albion.

Yours sincerely
First Minister Buford Haversley

To The Republic of New Albion
From the Australian Confederation

We reiterate our guarantee of your independence.

The Holy Kingdom of France will of course send no delegation to the foul, misguided, and foolish conference in London. Let those who would confuse the pagans with false heresies burn in hell forever.

OOC: A lot to catch up on, but I will do my best to get orders in before the weekend.

Inshallah I will have most orders by tomorrow evening.

I have not yet received orders from: Oklahoma, New Albion, the Inca, Chernigov, France, Portugal, the HRE, Flanders, Italy, Sicily, Montferrat, Serbia-Romea, Egypt, Ethiopia, Ionia, Adana, the Shahate, the Golden Horde, Siam, and Australia.

Approximately 41 hours until line of death.

Kraznaya has asked me to take charge of Arcadian diplomacy until his return, specifically any questions or followups on the London Conference.

To: The Australian Confederation

Arcadia would never coerce any territory into union with our Crown. We sincerely hope this matter can be resolved amiably, and without undue rashness. It is the opinion of the King that matters in New Albion be allowed to proceed to their natural conclusion without interference. Thus, we will allow New Albion's political system to take its' course.

Conscript divisions can be raised at an even lower cost, being .5 EP for 10 Green divisions. Conscript divisions can be raised in almost unlimited numbers, but they are essentially cannon fodder, and will do little without the support of regular troops. While cheap to raise, deploy, and supply, they can severely cripple your economy if used excessively.

Conscripts and Irregulars: Conscripts can be drafted at a Green quality level for 10 divisions per economic point, or as Rabble for free.

so, which rule stands, or is the first one only effective under mobilization?

oh and some nations are still missing military descriptions (persia being one of them).

To: The Australian Confederation

Arcadia would never coerce any territory into union with our Crown. We sincerely hope this matter can be resolved amiably, and without undue rashness. It is the opinion of the King that matters in New Albion be allowed to proceed to their natural conclusion without interference. Thus, we will allow New Albion's political system to take its' course.

Awww I was hoping for a slightly different form of reply with how I sent the letter type thingy.

OOC: I will be out of town with very limited Internet access until the 29th. I have orders for this turn in already, but until then I would prefer to be NPC'd. Assuming it is okay with him, I would prefer it if you send all diplo to Thlayli, but keep me as a CC, as otherwise you probably won't get a response. I may be able to peep in once in a while, but don't count on it.

so, which rule stands, or is the first one only effective under mobilization?

oh and some nations are still missing military descriptions (persia being one of them).

The latter. I'll get those descriptions up soon.

Awww I was hoping for a slightly different form of reply with how I sent the letter type thingy.

Terribly sorry, old chap. I can only spend so much time on pleasantries, I have an update to write. ;)

Inshallah I will have most orders by tomorrow evening.

I have not yet received orders from: Oklahoma, New Albion, the Inca, Chernigov, France, Portugal, the HRE, Flanders, Italy, Sicily, Montferrat, Serbia-Romea, Egypt, Ethiopia, Ionia, Adana, the Shahate, the Golden Horde, Siam, and Australia.

Approximately 41 hours until line of death.

tsk tsk, even I sent half-assed orders.

Oh? Does that mean you've already begun writing portions of the update? Or is this more of a relaxation before the huge work ahead? ;)

Yes, large portions of the update are already done or outlined. The spotlight, for one, I almost finished last night.

Dammit, man, I distinctly remember having been Friedrich V, not VI. When'd that change?

Dammit, man, I distinctly remember having been Friedrich V, not VI. When'd that change?

You can go check the stats you did in the old SINES preview thread. If it's V over there, I'll change it.

What if I do something that outspotlights the spotlight?

I'll laugh.

You can go check the stats you did in the old SINES preview thread. If it's V over there, I'll change it.
Apparently I didn't give him a name. VI it is.

Also when's that new and improved map coming? Portugal needs to be fixed after all...;)

I'm going to update the new map with the update, as I've already started working on the Update 1 border changes.

Any other things I've promised (like colonies/capital/nation/military descriptions) will be corrected with the update, or shortly after. If I forget, remind me and I'll do it; I have a lot to keep track of. Assuming I have all orders in by Friday, I have a tentative ETA of Sunday night.

I really wish I saw this NES sooner. I'd like to exress my interest in joining if anything is free (I have no clue what is or isn't). I'd be joining after the update, since its friday today and I don't think there is any way to get orders in for a nation.

If Japan opens up I'd like a crack a it.

Also I'm glad to see so many old NESers come back.
Panda, Reno, Joseph, welcome back :)

Top Bottom