• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Tomatekh's New Civilizations

Harappa is crashing for me. :(
nice civ though. :)

I was testing Harappa, and it did crash. At the time I didn't attribute it to them, but it's possible.

Random, but in a specific turn.

Random, but in a specific turn.

If it was always in a specific turn then it wasn't exactly random. Any details as to what you were doing with Harappa would be helpful.

Do you still have the save? Can you check if anything shows up in the lua logs with it? Maybe even post the save along with your mod list (although recreating someone's mod list to test something isn't the easiest thing, but as a last option).

If it was always in a specific turn then it wasn't exactly random. Any details as to what you were doing with Harappa would be helpful.

Do you still have the save? Can you check if anything shows up in the lua logs with it? Maybe even post the save along with your mod list (although recreating someone's mod list to test something isn't the easiest thing, but as a last option).

I meant I was doing random things. Also, I played two games with them,( on the first one the crash was on turn 37, and on the second in turn 41.

"Doing random things" is not exactly helpful. Is there a specific thing you can do that causes it to crash?

Also, if you activate logging and reproduce it, there may be something in the logs that will help Tomatekh find the cause of the problem.

I might have changed my mod list since then.
specifically... moving the map/pressing next turn(not always)

If there is a crash with Harappa it would most likely involve the unit graphic as it still has some issues. However, none of those issues should come up just by scrolling the map or ending the turn (it would primarily come up when issuing a build command). Nothing else with the civ should cause any problems (at least not on the level of a crash). It might be a mod conflict somewhere, in which case I need a mod list to check.

Without more details, I really can't narrow it down to try anything to fix. Posting the lua log might also help.

Will post mod list soon.

I can't finish a game with both. :(
Though, Harrapa doesn't crash when I play against them.

Tom, won't it make more sense for the ziggurat replace shrine\come much earlier?
Its clearly not a classical era thing.

So now that Sumer got an overhaul, is anything planned for their Hittite buddies?

But I like the current Hittite abilities! Although, I do understand if the current design isn't everyone's cup of tea.

Tom, won't it make more sense for the ziggurat replace shrine\come much earlier?
Its clearly not a classical era thing.

In terms of position on the tech tree, yes. In terms of accurate corresponding building, no. A ziggurat is historically more a temple or high temple than a shrine. In the GK version of the mod the ziggurat UB has an earlier tech requirement, but for balance reasons I didn't think the BNW version needed it. I have no real desire to switch it to an earlier building. Conceptually the building makes more sense as a temple (and I don't like the gameplay idea of having a ziggurat as shrine be a pre-req for a standard temple). It's also only really one column away from the ancient era, so it's position is not that big of a deal (unlike say Catherine-era Russia having an ancient era UB replacement).

Ziggurats also continued to be constructed by Babylon and Assyria, so even if not a classic era building for Sumer specifically, that doesn't mean they weren't also historically constructed within the classic era.

But I like the current Hittite abilities! Although, I do understand if the current design isn't everyone's cup of tea.

At least update the leader icon to the current Suppiluppilumadingdong, because that inconsistency is driving me crazy :p

Also, Ewuare and Djalla could use that too

Top Bottom