Tom's Unit Factory

Thanks for all these units!!! :hatsoff:

Your fine, nightmarish work is always welcome! (Although I seem to use them more as aliens in SF mods :hide:
Tucked away in a pocket universe for later unleashing from Lankapuri as raksasas, asuras, etc.

I apologize for bumping this topic, but I'm really interested in seeing a lot of those prop units converted into buildings. All that would take is putting their civilopedia pictures on terrain backgrounds. Is there anywhere I could find information on how to do that?

I tried doing that, but the difference of the color palette made the thing I was pasting look all bright neon turquoise and weird.

Please post a link to the results here, and give proper credit to tom2050 when you do so.

I tried doing that, but the difference of the color palette made the thing I was pasting look all bright neon turquoise and weird.

Never mind, I got it. I just had to fiddle with it for a while.
You discovered the solution was to convert the files to RGB, do the combining then re-index the file, making sure to have the "invisible" colors in the last two slots of the palette, right? When you can't find a thread with the solution, usually posting a new thread, with specific information about what you're trying to do and what is going wrong will get you answers and even links to explanations of how to do it. We wouldn't confidently recommend you do something if we didn't already know it would work. ;)

I'm new on this site. found it while doing a mod for civ5.
there are not much units for civ5 here compared to civ3. I think you did more units for div 3 than units available for civ 5 on the internet
your library is very amazing. but is there a place, where i can find these units "converted to" or "made for" civ 5?
i would love to use some of the undead and chaos units...

Blanko, Civ3 units area already-rendered graphics. For Civ 4 and Civ 5 you need the models, their textures and animations.

ok...i wasn't aware of this...

makes me sad...
than i have to go on without such awesome models...:cry:

it was just an idea :D

You can always ask the makers for the model files, but then you have to find them.

Hello everyone,
I'm getting close to putting out an updated conquests might and magic 3 mod... It is based around more normal rules, which I think improves the enjoyment of the game. But I don't think it will take me more than a few more weeks to finish it.

Once that is done, I do have about 70 or so fantasy units that I did, but had never released, and I converted a couple more. Just need to finish adding sounds to some of them. Some are the same units, just with upgraded versions, etc. I think you all will like them, so I'll make sure to post them soon.

Top Bottom