• 16-20

Votes: 719 20.3%
  • 21-30

Votes: 1,192 33.7%
  • 31-40

Votes: 739 20.9%
  • 41+

Votes: 424 12.0%
  • been playng so long that I've lost track of my age!!

Votes: 66 1.9%

• Total voters
LoopyLewis said:
I'm 18

I want to know who voted for the under 10 catagory :confused: and how many of them are 0 :lol:

There were a couple of them earlier. But when I have kids (many years from now, as I am only 18), they'll start out at 0 :D ; I need to start corrupting the next generation as soon as possible. :mischief: On the other hand, if I turn them onto Civ to early, I may never get them to do any chores :p

Edit: Isn't that the most beautiful bell curve you've ever seen?

There is no such thing as too old.

Unless you're 90 and wanting to skydive.

Godwynn said:
There is no such thing as too old.

Unless you're 90 and wanting to skydive.

Why is 90 too old to skydive? If you think about it, when you jump out of a plane that's I-don't-know-how-many feet above the ground, it's kinda of scary (well, at least for me :blush: ). What are you afraid of? Well, it's because you're afraid something will go wrong and you will die, right? You're afraid you lose your life. If you're in your twenties, that's a lot of life left, but if you're 90, you really don't have that much to lose. That said, it's great to see such a varity of ages on this forum :goodjob:

LOL! I swear I feel 5000 years old sometimes.

SmartJock2112 said:
Isn't that the most beautiful bell curve you've ever seen?

definitely :) nice to see there's such a variety on the posters' age.

Alpha Infantry said:
30 is cool, but 66!!!
damn, im 16 and I play prolly a couple times a week.
I just feel once you reach a certain age, that you should be devoting your free time to something moire important
It's fun to see a 16 yrs old boy lecturing grown up adults on how they should spend their free time :lol:

IMO, in Civ3 you're never too old. Strategy games force you into thinking, reasoning, calculating... this is generally good exercise for every mind, and expecially for the elders. The same could be said for the sudoku games, just to make a further example.

I just set my oldest grandson up with Civ3/PTW in an account on my computer (Conquests s experiencing problems on my PC, lately :hmm: ). He has been watching me play, and now he wants to try, too. :D

(I looked at his first attempt at lunch, to day. Chieftain, Americans, Archipelego, MapSize=??. I would have built 6 - 8 cities on his starting island. He had, 2. Built another Settler, and put him on a galley, sailing around the other reachable islands (already filled with French & Ottoman cities). He had ONE Worker, busy Roading all the tiles of his island, including those he didn't control. Washington was building the Oracle, and New York the Pyramids. :shakehead)

That's kind of how I started playing Civ 1 all those years ago :). There's no substitute for experience though, he'll figure it out. ;)

Its consuming my life slowly and surely

SmartJock2112 said:
There were a couple of them earlier. But when I have kids (many years from now, as I am only 18), they'll start out at 0 :D ; I need to start corrupting the next generation as soon as possible. :mischief: On the other hand, if I turn them onto Civ to early, I may never get them to do any chores :p

Edit: Isn't that the most beautiful bell curve you've ever seen?

What! You're telling me that 0 year olds are playing Civ3! You've got to be kidding me! :crazyeye:

And yes, about the curve... I thought that too :)

Padma said:
(..)(I looked at his first attempt at lunch, to day. Chieftain, Americans, Archipelego, MapSize=??. I would have built 6 - 8 cities on his starting island. He had, 2. Built another Settler, and put him on a galley, sailing around the other reachable islands (already filled with French & Ottoman cities). He had ONE Worker, busy Roading all the tiles of his island, including those he didn't control. Washington was building the Oracle, and New York the Pyramids. :shakehead)
That's how I play; what's wrong with this ?

I just noticed that my vote (cast a couple of years ago) is now in the wrong cathegory (21-30) While I'm 31 ATM. There must be more of us around who voted early and upgraded their age since.

Rik, I was 15 when I voted in this poll. But I was smart enough to vote the 16-20 option ;)

I'm 18 now.

(actually the poll's name indicated me to vote for the group I believed mainly played civ, not the demographic that included me)

I don't play Civ III but I voted anyway. I first played Civilization (I) when I was thirteen. Now I'm twenty-six (twenty-seven in three days :D).

17. Played the game since I was 16.

I know i will stick to the game forever. This is one thing I cant get tired of :)

Top Bottom