Total Realism - Research Quotes

Hey man, it is unfortunate that we had to release the first BtS version without getting more of your brilliant voiceovers. Even the players are now giving positive feedback and asking if there will be more! :goodjob:

Hi, I am SO damn sorry I haven't been able to get in contact here again... I am just really busy working on another mod (a Battlefield 2142 mod called "Northern Excursion" if you're wondering) AND working on college stuff as well which will determine what I will do for the rest of my life. My dad is also doing a lot of work for his clients (he's an architect) and doesn't have much free time either at the moment.

After these exams I have (which will finish some time around May 24th) and when he doesn't have much work to do, I will get my him to do the rest of those voice overs. I haven't forgotten, don't worry.

So, you put those voices in? Even if they weren't all in there? OH MAN, I gotta see/hear this! *downloads BtS Total Realism mod*

EDIT:
A question, you see the Monty Python - Quest for Holy Grail quote (can't remember which tech it was) where that King talks about how he built his castle, should I try to get him to do it in the same kind of accent? He's watched that film loads of times, I think he'll enjoy quoting that one.

Hi, I am SO damn sorry I haven't been able to get in contact here again... I am just really busy working on another mod (a Battlefield 2142 mod called "Northern Excursion" if you're wondering) AND working on college stuff as well which will determine what I will do for the rest of my life. My dad is also doing a lot of work for his clients (he's an architect) and doesn't have much free time either at the moment.

After these exams I have (which will finish some time around May 24th) and when he doesn't have much work to do, I will get my him to do the rest of those voice overs. I haven't forgotten, don't worry.

So, you put those voices in? Even if they weren't all in there? OH MAN, I gotta see/hear this! *downloads BtS Total Realism mod*

I'm extremely glad that you've returned. Since your quotes are of such a nice quality, of course we put them in!

Don't forget the yesterday-released 3.01 patch. ;)

Just don't play Legendary gamespeed, it's bugged (will be fixed in a couple of days).

EDIT:
A question, you see the Monty Python - Quest for Holy Grail quote (can't remember which tech it was) where that King talks about how he built his castle, should I try to get him to do it in the same kind of accent? He's watched that film loads of times, I think he'll enjoy quoting that one.

Feel free to get creative with that. :D

O.K, college is over. I am now able to spend time with my dad on recording these research tech quotes. Sorry about being gone for a long time, but I put my real life stuff first before a mod. I will start with him right away when he comes home from the football match.

Sorry about that, my computer got a virus and I only managed to fix it 4 days ago. Been using a crummy old laptop which has a terrible soundcard so I couldn't get good results from the Samson Q1U microphone. But, I'm back again, sorry about that again.

Since I last posted, I got my dad to voice 21 more quotes from the mod, but I lost them when getting rid of the virus (had to reformat, couldn't get into safe mod, couldn't get the files I had on it which pisses me off. I always make backups, WHY DIDN'T I MAKE BACKUPS OF THESE SMALL AUDIO FILES WHICH HAD SO MUCH VALUE TO ME?!). So, looks like I'll have to do them AGAIN damn it.

Sorry about that, my computer got a virus and I only managed to fix it 4 days ago. Been using a crummy old laptop which has a terrible soundcard so I couldn't get good results from the Samson Q1U microphone. But, I'm back again, sorry about that again.

Since I last posted, I got my dad to voice 21 more quotes from the mod, but I lost them when getting rid of the virus (had to reformat, couldn't get into safe mod, couldn't get the files I had on it which pisses me off. I always make backups, WHY DIDN'T I MAKE BACKUPS OF THESE SMALL AUDIO FILES WHICH HAD SO MUCH VALUE TO ME?!). So, looks like I'll have to do them AGAIN damn it.

Whoa! Tough luck you had there. Anyway, they are, of course, still very welcome. And you should probably "release" them in smaller batches as you finish them, so that accidents like this are not as catastrophic.

Hey Jinzor!
Do you (and your father) still working on research quotes?

My computer was fixed last week, so yes I will carry on with the rest now. For real this time. Do any of you people have Steam/Xfire so I can keep in more contact with you? I don't check the Civ forums all the time and sometimes I just forget about the voice acting for weeks and then when the issue of voice overs for mods comes into my head again I'm like "DOH! Why did I forget about the Civ voices?".

I also want to say something about some of the quotes in the mod, I've just made a list of all of them and some of them are a bit too long and feel out of place (like the Metals research quote). Would it be O.K if we could change some of them if there are any better alternatives?

Of course feel free to suggest different ones; I was the person initially compiling all the quotes we needed, and I was quite hard-pressed to find appropriate ones in some cases.

Unfortunately, I don't use neither Steam nor XFire, so as far as I'm concerned, your best bet for contacting me is either here or through email.

Top Bottom