[TOT] &ToTPP with Lua : EpicWWiiEurope

Altered a design to my taste for partisan networks
exemple.png

exemple2.png

The ultimate goal is to display with lua the divisions, fleets, air forces compositions, with their specific core battalions and their specific supply regiments giving power and abilities to units.
The issue is (shame on me), I both lack knowledge about european theatre armies and graphical resources (despite huge great collections from Fairline and Tanelorn). I believe this can't be achieved by me alone.

I have good resources for the various air forces if you need it.

I have good resources for the various air forces if you need it.
Thanks John.
We'll see later. :)

Just to imagine my selfish whishes :

Have on map units representing :
-Naval Forces/Fleets/Squadrons
-Naval AirFleets/AirBrigades
-Air Forces/Fleets/Brigades
-Ground Armies/Corps/Divisions/Brigades

Have a new object type as variable representing these unit levels, storing their specificities (which undersized units are composing them)

In a brigade, allow to display its battalions, their nature (and pictures) and powers (eg : "recon" to see an enemy unit composition for recon regiments and avoid an attacking malus), then displaying the unit global values (Supply/Fuel per turn costs, fighting values -considering tactics ?-...)
This means having an picture for each battalion and regiment type. If possible, double them with winter and desert gears.

Have all avaible armors, planes, ships, canons type to display for major minor, and neutral civs. Maybe stick to unaligned designs to simplify this display, allowing for unexpected diplomatics or war developments. Each bringing its own stats considering fight situations.

In short, deepen units, solving the "189slots only" problem. :)

The goal is to bring a first simplified version of a deeper futur envisionned ww2 scenario.

With times for thoughts :
-on the diplomatic side,
no more minor axis or allies. We shall have only "allies", "axis", "soviet", "neutrals", and 3 more slots used for 2 diplomatic options per player turn towards specific neutrals and either a third option or a minor country for a human player to choose.

-on features side, have industries for supply, planes, tanks, vehicules, fuel resources which, with a manpower resource, having incidence on the ability to heal and to move (eg leaving fuel using ground units with 1/2 movepoint, allowing for railroad travel* yet settinga handicap otherwise)
*possible in controlled lands only.

Pseudo-dynamic Meteo and Climatic system is set

Combat system shall see small adaptations
earning from the experience with the recent mod released.

-on units side, we shall have division level ground units as main forces, fleet level sea units, and few battalion level forces.

The ultimate goal is to display with lua the divisions, fleets, air forces compositions, with their specific core battalions and their specific supply regiments giving power and abilities to units.
The issue is (shame on me), I both lack knowledge about european theatre armies and graphical resources (despite huge great collections from Fairline and Tanelorn). I believe this can't be achieved by me alone.

Thus, aim is to have complex accurates units personnalized. First release doable alone shall see the simplified version of these only,consumming 50 more slots.

Back into affair,
the goal is still to bring a first simplified version of a deeper futur envisionned ww2 scenario.

Units and map uses and graphics are finally defined.

Spoiler Continental Map :

exemple.png

Spoiler Politic Map :

exemple2.png

Spoiler Units :

exemple3.png

The Lua code got refinned too, gifting it @Prof. Garfield 's pionnered modularity.

Last important alterations additions before putting hand in code :

This ww2europa scenario shall become a ww2mod, housing two scenarii :

-The Europa one
-A world one

then adapting unit slots for flexibility :
exemple2.png

The world scenario shall use the same functionnality as the europa one, while the scale would change (thus some movement rates or ranges).
Featuring :
-4 playable factions (allied, axis, soviets and ONE neutral country to choose) and 3 neutral factions (one untouchable, two or three depending on the beginning to choose at each turn between neutral countries to interract with)
-personalized units to figure equipment and regiments, granting bonuses and abilities.
-Air units acting indirectly via missile units representing their actions against target units representing their goals on a dedicated map.
-Unit production control, considering draft limits, reserves (for healing) and material built by factories...

Most displayed ideas in this thread (railroads restricted to own territory per exemple) are still on the table.

A new world map got built, aiming for as little deformation as possible :
exemple.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom