TR scenarios

Vertico

Prince
I know similar idea was rejected but I would like to suggest something different. Not to create any special scenarios but to create alternative states basing on same world map.

To be honest after few games next ones are getting a bit boring - same civs, same leaders all the time. Why not to make few scenarios which would differ just with civs and leaders placed on the same map. That should be rather easy to implement, but unfortunately I don't know how to do that myself.

So my first suggestions:

Classic Scenario
The one which is now.

Ancient civs only
Scenario with civs such as: Rome, Carthage, Greece, Israelis, Celts, Babylonians, Persians, Scythians, Egyptians, Nubians, Indians, Magyar, Russians, Mongols, Chinnese, Japan, Iroquois, Maya, Aborigines

Medieval civs only
Civs: England, France, Germany, Poland, Spain, Russia, Vikings, Turks, Arabs, Mali, Zulu, Persia, Mongols, China, Japan, Korea, Khmers, Tibet, Aztecs, Incas, Iroquois

Modern civs only
England, France, Germany, Portugal, Austria, Lithuania, Ukraine, Russia, Finland, Israel, Arabs, India, China, Korea, Japan, Indonesia, Australia, Argentina, Brasil, America, Canada, Togo, Zulu

All civs exist for instance in Civ4 Gold mod
I think that would add some taste into TR mod.

Adding new civs is lots and lots of work - not bad by itself, we love to work on our mod - but work that can be put to other projects that add more to gameplay. Do you really think that there isn't enough Civs now?

It's enough, but they don't change. You can easily expect what they do and how. Of course I can play a random map, but you know it doesn't support everything from the world map. But if it's too time consuming to exchange civs, I would not push ;)

btw. For BTS do you plan to put all of 10 new civs? Would be funny to see espacially Portugal, Netherlands and HRE in Europe :lol: War of every single tile!

We do plan to add new BtS civs, but we're planning a larger world map then.

As for the claim "it [random map] doesn't support everything from the world map" - it sounds strange to me. Random maps (using stock map creation algorithms) are fully compatible with TR and absolutely functional. :confused:

Modern civs only
England, France, Germany, Portugal, Austria, Lithuania, Ukraine, Russia, Finland, Israel, Arabs, India, China, Korea, Japan, Indonesia, Australia, Argentina, Brasil, America, Canada, Togo, Zulu

I'm not a nationalist.
I don't want to offend anyone.
But IMVHO Poland > Lithuania/Togo/Zulu in Modern World.
Of course we (Poland) were more powerful in medieval times than now but it is not good enough reason to forget about us in modern times :p .

I don't think this list was meant to be comprehensive, just an example. :)

Anyway, all this talk is without subject, as current Total Realism policy on adding new civs states that no civs will be added except those added by official expansion packs. We periodically have heated debates on the topic, but so far this remains unchanged.

P.S. Poland is on my personal top-3 of civs not implemented/announced in Civ 4 and its expansions. So you have my sympathy. :)

Zulus are black and can say they have been offended by racist attack from Fraxis, so they had to put them in...

I dont know whats worser. A-Bomb or self-preclaimed anti-racism organizations.

I think that's a stretch... why do you assume it was out of fear? Have you seen reports of NAACP or other organizations making demands of Firaxis? Certainly they've included other questionable civilizations as well.

It was included in Civ 1 I believe. I think they wanted to include Africa and felt that the Zulus would be recognizable by players.

It's interesting I find this thread, as I sent a PM to houman on the 15th, offering to port my historical scenario to Total Realism, still waiting for a reply =/

Essentially I've done my best to make it a scenario That puts the player on earth at the end of the 15th century, 1490. The nations I've included in this ((without mods)) include the italian states, morroco, great zimbabwe, the aztecs and incas, spanish, poland-lithuania, the kalmar union, etc.

I've worked the mod so that events like when Akhmat Kahn sends Ivan the third a letter requesting horsemen to come to his aid, the player has an option to do what ivan did, and deny the request, thus starting a war for russia's freedom. the first battle of lepanto will occur, and in 1492 the Spanish discover the new world. I've tried to keep it historical and fun.

I myself really do enjoy playing Total realism, I just dislike the lack of scenarios. but it's still a great mod and I play it quite a lot..

So the Scenario offer is there for the team, if they're interested.

Actually, the team policy on such things as player-created modifications has always been quite favorable. Hell, that's how I got to be on the team in the first place! I posted my player modification (adding new leaders to TR civs) and got invited in. So, if you're up to it, by all means, do it! The team would gladly see some scenarii (IIRC, that's the way to spell it correctly :)) for TR. It is just that we have a very strict specialization inside the team and can't afford a person specifically working on them, you see no more than a World Map. If you're up to it, that's great, do it! :goodjob:

Cool, One question though, the extra leader mod for TR, has that implemented in the latest builds? or should I make two versions?

Cool, One question though, the extra leader mod for TR, has that implemented in the latest builds? or should I make two versions?

Absolutely, since I'm in the team now, all my work has been included in the default builds (for two versions now). Feel free to post the download link for your scenario in this subforum, as well as to advertise your scenario in our thread in the download subforum, as soon as it's ready.

Top Bottom