Trans-Siberian Rail display

I used the worldbuilder and it doesn't work even with every tile covered.

I started a new game, worldbuildered in the techs and the infrastructure and covered the railway with cities/culture, doesn't work.

Now the UHV text says "by 1920", but is it checking IN 1920 only? Would that be an explanation?

I did the same thing and wondered the same also.

Leoreth, there is something definitely wrong with this.

Yeah, I'm working on it.

Found the problem. I thought I had to debug the whole pathfinding algorithm which would've been terribly annoying because I was 100% sure it was working. Well, turned out it was a typo in the if clause before the check so the actual algorithm was rarely even executed ...

I will commit a fix to the SVN, if you want to correct it for 1.9 as well, open Victory.py around line 1480 and insert the following (in red):
Code:
				if teamRussia.isHasTech(con.iRailroad) and self.getGoal(iRussia[COLOR="Red"], 1[/COLOR]) == -1 and self.getRussianProjects(0) == -1:
					bRailroad = False
					for tCoast in lSiberianCoast:
						if self.isConnectedByRailroad(iRussia, con.tCapitals[0][iRussia][0], con.tCapitals[0][iRussia][1], tCoast[0], tCoast[1]):
							bRailroad = True
							break
					if bRailroad:
						self.setRussianProjects(0, 1)
						if self.getRussianProjects(0) == 1 and self.getRussianProjects(1) == 1 and self.getRussianProjects(2) == 1:
							self.setGoal(iRussia, 1, 1)

It had been fixed for a while in the SVN, and I guess everyone just confused 1.9 with SVN reports. I've completely forgotten about the fix or else I'd immediately known the solution.

Hi, btw does the railroad require Moscow to be founded at all or can I play without Moscow?

IF the uhv requires Moscow...
...I noticed there are 4 "Moscow" spots on the map. Could I use any of these 4 spots as "Moscow" for the railroad connection goal? or does it have to be the original Moscow spot (cause default Moscow spot isnt great gamewise)?

thx for clarification

Hi, btw does the railroad require Moscow to be founded at all or can I play without Moscow?

IF the uhv requires Moscow...
...I noticed there are 4 "Moscow" spots on the map. Could I use any of these 4 spots as "Moscow" for the railroad connection goal? or does it have to be the original Moscow spot (cause default Moscow spot isnt great gamewise)?

thx for clarification

Definitely requires a city on the Moscow (starting) tile.

just Did another Russia game... didnt work for me, even after cheating and railroading the whole russian map...

Anybody else get it too work atm?

Working for me now under 1.10.

Did you cover every tile from moscow to your port with your culture?

Yes, every tile with culture had a railroad.

I am starting to think it's maybe my Siberian port that is wrong?

I am using Nelkan on the Gem near the gold in far east. Crap city size 5 at most but gives a port/sea+ gem+gold.

What Siberian port city are you using?

On the Gem is fine and worked for me. Hover over with your mouse and it will tell you which tiles are in Siberia (light blue text).

Yes, every tile with culture had a railroad.

I am starting to think it's maybe my Siberian port that is wrong?

I am using Nelkan on the Gem near the gold in far east. Crap city size 5 at most but gives a port/sea+ gem+gold.

What Siberian port city are you using?

I used a location slightly north of Korea, south of the deer.

Hi Leoreth,
T'm having the same problem even though the red number in my victory.py file is 1:

"if teamRussia.isHasTech(con.iRailroad) and self.getGoal(iRussia, 1) == -1 and self.getRussianProjects(0) == -1:
if self.isConnectedByRailroad(iRussia, con.tCapitals[0][iRussia], lSiberianCoast):
self.setRussianProjects(0, 1)
if self.getRussianProjects(0) == 1 and self.getRussianProjects(1) == 1 and self.getRussianProjects(2) == 1:
self.setGoal(iRussia, 1, 1)"

I have the 1.11 version of DOC.

Iirc this has been fixed since in the SVN version.

No, in the current "work in progress" version of the mod which you can access via SVN.

I replaced the victory file now. Although only the first historical goal of each civilization is viewd at victory conditions..

Attachments

• ??? ?????? bitmap.bmp
    284.3 KB · Views: 290
..and the 2nd goal failed again. :sad: what am I doing wrong? Do I have to start a new game?

Top Bottom