Trans-Siberian Rail display

Perhaps You forget about first statement - at least 7 sities in Siberea (by the way Far East counts by old map as Siberian lands too)

No problem with the 7 cities in Siberia. That part worked. I will note that all 7 cities were landlocked. I built my port in Ajan AFTER achieving the 7 cities goal... so maybe it was expecting the port to be one of the 7?

I did not try building a city in Vladivostok, but I think Ajan should count, especially since most people will build in Ajan because it's closer.

I just had the same problem with DoC 1.15. Railway was connected from Ajan to Moscow, then St Petersberg, but nothing triggered it. I then used World Builder to build three other Siberian port cities including two in Kamchatka, connected them with their own line through the arctic, and still nothing. My only other thoughts about this are that maybe I confused the algorithm by building a road first, then building the railway mostly going west from Ajan back to Moscow. Should I have started in Moscow?

Including 1914 Auto save if anyone wants to take a crack at this...

As I understand You use some old Git's version - so Your save don't open:(

I just had the same problem with DoC 1.15. Railway was connected from Ajan to Moscow, then St Petersberg, but nothing triggered it. I then used World Builder to build three other Siberian port cities including two in Kamchatka, connected them with their own line through the arctic, and still nothing. My only other thoughts about this are that maybe I confused the algorithm by building a road first, then building the railway mostly going west from Ajan back to Moscow. Should I have started in Moscow?

Including 1914 Auto save if anyone wants to take a crack at this...
This might be speculation but for me both Canada and Russia's rail UHV only worked if there was a continuous line of rail with cultural borders in tact. So if your rail ran outside your borders before re-entering your borders then it wasn't counted. Also for Russia it might be that you have to go through Siberia so no shortcut through Manchuria. But I may be wrong.

This might be speculation but for me both Canada and Russia's rail UHV only worked if there was a continuous line of rail with cultural borders in tact. So if your rail ran outside your borders before re-entering your borders then it wasn't counted. Also for Russia it might be that you have to go through Siberia so no shortcut through Manchuria. But I may be wrong.

Pretty sure it was entirely within my borders. I have an inkling this happened because all of my first seven Siberian cities were landlocked. The algorithm probably checks these 7 cities it already identified for the first part of the goal. Thus my port city at Ajan didn't "count" because I built it after 1700, but it should "count". That's my theory. Dev would know for sure how the algorithm works.

Can't look at the save, but the game displays in the tile tooltip which tiles are considered a Siberian port. Cities do not have to be founded before 1700 AD however. A common oversight is the requirement to actually control all tiles the railway runs through.

Top Bottom