[TSL] Yet (not) Another Earth Maps Pack

Just finished a marathon game on giant. Siberia/northeast Asia feels unwieldly massive.

For example, modern Russia should be this size:
https://i1.wp.com/geoawesomeness.co...-of-countries-real-Geoawesomeness-2.png?ssl=1

and yet from Moscow to the Pacific, its nearly 2-3x that. It feels more like this:
https://i.snag.gy/2xkhD7.jpg

When it should be this:
https://i.snag.gy/CDqtmU.jpg

Or even this would be better:
https://www.geolounge.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/albers-map-projection.png

(
AuthaGraph)

It's just waaay too big. And America feels small by comparison. I had my Polish russia nearly 3/5 of the way to the pacific by end game and it takes 2-3 full screens to see it all..... America only 1. There needs to be a better huge Earth based on a better projection...

Last edited:
It would be cool if you could add the "non-proliferation of borders near England and France." If at least 1 power takes 1 cell, it will be impossible to move the fleet (earth)

Is there an easy fix to not being able to select anything in the menus? I can't select map, civ and other options. I can post a screenshot if you'd like. I've had this happen before and when I ran into this problem with it was always a single civ that caused an issue. I've tried taking out all of the ones I hadn't got to work before and it didn't work. I have deleted my cache, deleted/unsubscribed from the mod and the error still exists even if it's the only mod selected. I've never had this happen before with this mod.

Update: Apparently selecting a game speed solved my issue.

Last edited:
Hi...
Can someone tell me based on the map size how many civs/citystates to use?
Thank you.

Hi...
Can someone tell me based on the map size how many civs/citystates to use?
Thank you.

This!

I was also wondering why Texas, Oklahoma and the Gulf of Mexico doesn't contain any Oil Resources? And (afaik), Arkansas is the only State in the United States that has Diamonds.

Great Pack btw! Please don't abandon it. A vast majority of us prefer V over VI.

v25
--Added various new Maps by DMS, Lungora, and Vanadius, per request.
--Renamed the Maps to match their Table names. No Table Prefixes have been renamed to preserve compatibility.
--Added Civilizations_YnAEMP(CivilizationType, MapPrefix, X, Y, AltX, AltY, AltCapitalName) and MinorCivilizations_YnAEMP(MinorCivType, MapPrefix, X, Y, AltX, AltY, AltCapitalName) tables. The Original table format is still valid, included for the new maps.
--Activated the alt TSL system, which previously didn't appear to work. Additionally, using Civ_YnAEMP, you can set an alternate Capital name when setting in the alt start location.
--Civ drop-down list is now Civilization - Leader and sorted alphabetically.
--Can now limit the valid Civilizations to spawn/select by Culture type (with CulDiv). This works regardless of whether the civs are further limited by TSL.
--Now on Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1623957266

Excuse me, I want to ask where is Wellington, Vilnius and Bogota in the [Yet Another Giant Earth Map (180x94)] map?
I checked the [MinorCivStartPos.xml] file and I didn’t see these three cities.
I'm sorry I don't speak English, the above is from GOOGLE translation, I hope there will be no misunderstanding.

Sorry, too many pages.. Is this mod compatible with Vox Populi? I got crashes after 1 turn.
Btw I also get crashes with VP without this mod if I add more AIs (more then about 1.5 times as default). But in "vanilla" game (without mods) I can add much more AIs without any crashes. I think VP don't like if starting positions is too close one each another.
Is any fixes of it?

Using this map I get a couple of bugs, not sure if they're game-breaking or not yet or going to cause a crash at some point.

At the beginning, I start with all 6 spies.

In diplomacy, I get the "stop sending prophets and missionaries"... there are no prophets or missionaries yet, literally no one has sent any, yet I get this option on every discuss. I do have enemy spies in my cities though, so i think the map is confusing that with the 'stop spying on me'.

Also a lot of city states don't settle. They are just 1 warrior, no city, no settler.

I do not believe those issues are related to a map script. Do you have other mods?
Doesn't happen on any other map. I've played Tectonic for years with no problems for example, communitas map is fine too, as are the default game ones. Only happens on this one.

Doesn't seem to be gamebreaking though no crashes or anything strange happening yet. I just don't have any city states and everyone has spies at the beginning lol. No biggie

yes they just didn't place, only warriors. i play on marathon and way into the game now so doesn't matter :p its all good. its probably VP messing with it idk.

Apologies if this has already been asked somewhere, I've tried to do some research into this, but I'm not sure how to proceed so:

In the Huge Earth map, I am trying to reduce the acceptable distance between civ starting locations to 2 tiles, rather than the usual 3. In the folder, I can see there is an xml called 'RulesChange' that gives me the chance to set the following:

<Update>
<Where Name="MIN_CITY_RANGE"/>
<Set>
<Value>2</Value>
</Set>
</Update>

However, I believe this is only going to be the case for any subsequently founded cities past the Capital, and not the first city itself. Indeed, when I try to start a game, it doesn't seem to be working.

So I looked further into it and found the GlobalDefines in the following file address (I have Brave New World):

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC\Expansion2\Gameplay\XML

I found the following defines which I thought I would have to change too, but to no avail, for example, I have updated the 'RulesChange' xml to now show the following:

<Defines>
<Update>
<Where Name="MIN_CITY_RANGE"/>
<Set>
<Value>2</Value>
</Set>
</Update>
<Update>
<Where Name="MIN_CIV_STARTING_DISTANCE"/>
<Set>
<Value>2</Value>
</Set>
</Update>
<Update>
<Where Name="STARTING_DISTANCE_PERCENT"/>
<Set>
<Value>2</Value>
</Set>
</Update>
<Update>
<Where Name="ADVANCED_START_CITY_PLACEMENT_MAX_RANGE"/>
<Set>
<Value>2</Value>
</Set>
</Update>
<Update>
<Where Name="MIN_START_AREA_TILES"/>
<Set>
<Value>1</Value>
</Set>
</Update>
</Defines>

(Sorry for bad editing, the code looks normal in the xml files)

Just to clarify, I have NOT changed any data in the base GlobalDefines file..... yet...

Is there something I'm missing here? Why are my civs still spawning 3 tiles away?

Does anyone know a mod that makes sea travel faster? I found two mods that adds promotions to naval units, but these doesn't work with Vox Populi units.

Looks like Totally Random placement option in v25 always puts player civ on the same spot.

v25
--Added various new Maps by DMS, Lungora, and Vanadius, per request.
--Renamed the Maps to match their Table names. No Table Prefixes have been renamed to preserve compatibility.
--Added Civilizations_YnAEMP(CivilizationType, MapPrefix, X, Y, AltX, AltY, AltCapitalName) and MinorCivilizations_YnAEMP(MinorCivType, MapPrefix, X, Y, AltX, AltY, AltCapitalName) tables. The Original table format is still valid, included for the new maps.
--Activated the alt TSL system, which previously didn't appear to work. Additionally, using Civ_YnAEMP, you can set an alternate Capital name when setting in the alt start location.
--Civ drop-down list is now Civilization - Leader and sorted alphabetically.
--Can now limit the valid Civilizations to spawn/select by Culture type (with CulDiv). This works regardless of whether the civs are further limited by TSL.
--Now on Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1623957266
There is currently a conflict between this version of YnAEMP and the most recent version (v20) of Cultural Diversity. If you are encountering problems with the civ selection dropdown while using this version of Cultural Diversity with this version of YnAEMP, then implementing these overwrite files in v25 of YnAEMP should resolve the problem.

Last edited:
Top Bottom