1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice

[TSL] Yet (not) Another Earth Maps Pack

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Custom maps' started by Gedemon, Nov 8, 2010.

1. KirbyATK48

KirbyATK48 Chieftain

If you can wait a few weeks, I am working on this project that should help out a ton of people with TSL, that's why I am trying to find TSL for civilizations without the support currently like the Suebi, Gullah Geeche, and quite a few others

2. Pali333

Pali333 Chieftain

3. Danmacsch

Danmacsch Geheimekabinetsminister

Spoiler :

So v24 is going to happen soon hopefully :D - you can see a section of the maps in the screenshot. There's still a few things to sort out though.

Nice to hear - I think the best thing to do would be to provide modders with the coordinates for their civs which doesn't have TSL support presently, as internal support is preferable, but of course that's only possible if the modder in question is still active in the community (and willing to add support).
    TSL for Civs not actively supported anymore would be great in a Patch mod.

I'm not sure, but I don't think it's possible no. Maybe they can give you an answer over in the Super Power Modpack thread.

4. Alteran

Alteran Chieftain

So I'm trying to add a custom civ and I want to give it Frances TSL, but for the life of me I can't figure out what civ type it is or really how to go about doing this. The civ is Holo's Wolf and Merchant Empire (Spice and Wolf Civilization) (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=540049). Do I need a modding tool or something to find the information or am I just blind and haven't found it?

5. Danmacsch

In the Wolf and Merchant Empire mod there is either a sql or xml file in which the CivilizationType tag is defined (it's probably something like 'CIVILIZATION_HOLO_WOLF_MERCHANT' or similar). The file you're looking for is probably either called GameDefines, Civilization, Holo or something like that. Once you have the correct tag, follow the guide in the OP on the first page.

EDIT: Looked it up; it's
    Code:
    CIVILIZATION_WISEWOLF
    Now, depending on which map you'd like to add TSL for, you do the following:
    1) Maps from the original YnAEMP v22 mod by Gedemon (Giant/Huge/Greatest/Cordiform Earth, Large Europe): Open the CivilizationStartPos.xml file in the XMLsubdirectory in the Yet (not) Another Earth Maps Pack (v 22) folder. Find the relevant map tag (Civilizations_YagemStartPosition/Civilizations_YahemStartPosition, Civilizations_EuroLargeStartPosition, etc.). Add the following under the tag:
    Code:
    		<Row>
    			<Type>CIVILIZATION_WISEWOLF</Type>
    			<X>XX</X>
    			<Y>YY</Y>
    		</Row>
    Where XX and YY are the X and Y coordinates of France (since you want to give the civ France's TSL). If the civ still doesn't show up in the Civ selection menu in the YnAEMP game setup screen - clear your cache and/or write here again.
    2) Maps from JFD's YnAEMP v23 patch by JFD (all other maps): Open the CivilizationStartPos.sql file in the JFD's Additionssubdirectory in the Yet (not) Another Earth Maps Pack (v 23) folder. Find the relevant section in the file (Mediterranean, North Atlantic, North-West Europe) and add the following (here example with Mediterranean map):
    Code:
    --==========================================================================================================================
    -- Civilizations_MediterraneanStartPosition (Mediterranean)
    --==========================================================================================================================
    CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS Civilizations_MediterraneanStartPosition(Type, X, Y, AltX, AltY);
    INSERT INTO Civilizations_MediterraneanStartPosition
    			(Type,									X,		Y,		AltX,	AltY)
    VALUES		('CIVILIZATION_ROME',					43,		42,		null,	null),
    			('CIVILIZATION_SPAIN',					10,		40,		null,	null),
    			('CIVILIZATION_PORTUGAL',				1,		40,		null,	null),
    			('CIVILIZATION_GREECE',					64,		30,		null,	null),
    			('CIVILIZATION_CARTHAGE',				38,		26,		null,	null),
    			('CIVILIZATION_AUSTRIA',				47,		58,		null,	null),
    			('CIVILIZATION_VENICE',					42,		51,		null,	null),
    			('CIVILIZATION_ASSYRIA',				99,		29,		null,	null),
    			('CIVILIZATION_FRANCE',					29,		63,		null,	null),
    			[COLOR="LimeGreen"]('CIVILIZATION_WISEWOLF',				29,		63,		null,	null),[/COLOR]
    			('CIVILIZATION_MOROCCO',				2,		22,		null,	null),
    			('CIVILIZATION_EGYPT',					83,		7,		null,	null),
    			('CIVILIZATION_BYZANTIUM',				72,		41,		null,	null),
    			('CIVILIZATION_OTTOMAN',				80,		37,		null,	null);

I've simply added a line with the correct civ type tag and copied france's TSL coordinates. If the civ still doesn't show up in the Civ selection menu in the YnAEMP game setup screen - clear your cache and/or write here again.

6. Charos

Charos Chieftain

Hey Danmacsch,

Have you discovered a solution to playing YNAEMP with the More Luxuries part of the CPP? I can't remember if the problem persists without ExCE enabled, but I have to disable More Luxuries or else the 'custom game' setup screen bugs out and I can't start a game. Is this something you can address in v24?

Just to be as specific as possible, I'm running the full CPP with EUI, ExCE, Infoaddict, and YNAEMP. With this setup, disabling More Luxuries allows me to play, but enabling it breaks setup.

7. Dan247

Dan247 Chieftain

Hi, I've found a bug in the 'Giant Europe' map in this mod. When using Hypereon's Finland it doesn't where it should but instead it spawns a few hex's east of Athens.
    Does anyone one know why this is?
    Spoiler :

Spoiler :

8. Danmacsch

You should probably report this in Hypereon's thread, since I'm pretty sure his civs support ynaemp internally (or rather, I don't remember including TSL coordinates for either of the Finlands in the Giant Europe map, and I don't think JFD did either, so if they have support, it must be internally).

9. Dan247

Dan247 Chieftain

Ok, will do! :)

10. ForAPrice

ForAPrice Chieftain

I'm so eager for v24.

11. eddiet

eddiet Chieftain

Can confirm this is still an issue, it's a strange one. Am also hoping this will be fixed in v24.
    All the best

12. Teproc

Teproc King

I run More Luxuries with YNAEMP just fine, though I don't have ExCE or the CPP, so looks like the compatibility problem is with one of those two.

13. glacis

glacis Chieftain

is there a way to manually add the resources?

14. Charos

Charos Chieftain

IIRC, the issue is with having all 3 of More Luxuries, ExCE, and YNAEMP. I think any two can work together. Would need to confirm though.

But yeah. I really hope this gets fixed.

15. Empusas

Empusas Chieftain

I'm still using version 22 as I'm not sure if updating to 23 will fix this issue from reading the threads and patch notes on 23. But, Ive found 22 completely enjoyable and pretty much flawless, (although I really like a bigger italy as it usally gets left out in enlarging Europe.)

The kinda major issue with this mod is when I have a worker improve a luxury resource (most all of them if not all, (definately ones ive noticed which are killing me is Copper, pearls, Dyes, Crab), it doesn't give the full benefit of the improvement and sometimes it even makes the result worse!

Was this somewhere in the threads of why it was done? It basically makes it on some luxury tiles if I have at least a couple I dont even improve them as it actually makes them worse! (Copper and Dyes especially).

I have read that 3 resource files were changed and not to use mods that affect them, or at least load them after. I do not use mods that change them. The only mods I use are the bonus religions, the diverse cultural units, and the show city borders. Other than that I have just Giant Earth maps which I always unload all but the one I am playing on. I'm kinda assuming the 3 resource mods are what changed this from the original.

I have noticed when I have a worker over the tile, I think the mouse-over the little improve tile by building "x" shows the correct change that will actually happen, but if you mouse over the resource and it shows "what will change when tile is improved" IE. the correct improvement that is supposed to happen is totally off and isn't what you actually get. (some may say +1 gold for example, but it actually removes 1 food before giving you the 1 gold if you get the gold lol). I understand when it says something like "this will remove the jungle from the tile" that I am going to loose the 2 research I was getting from the university but things like pearls and crab shouldn't be effected from that.

I really haven't downloaded any modding tools for this game (yet), but am perfectly willing to do so and don't mind a bit of work or data searching as I've done it with games in the past and have a good understanding of how they may work either using them or notepad, or spreadsheet programs to scroll through data that needs changed etc.

If there is a way to change this back to the default game settings I would greatly appreciate it. Easier would be better but I'm willing to do whatever is necessary to find a way to do it.

Many thanks to any replies/suggestions/telling me I'm and idiot even! :),

Empusas

16. PotatoIceCream

PotatoIceCream Chieftain

Hey there. (My first post, huzzah!)
    So, after using YNAEP v23 for quite a long time I ran into a problem. Now, whenever I try to select a civ to play from a drop-down menu I either completely don't have or have a few vanilla civs and civs which were...say, problematic in the past. I am talking about "Ancient Mediterrian Civilizations" here - a solid mod, but with little to no mod support, unfortunately. For example, Gauls appeared on the Large Europe map but not on the Giant Europe or any world maps. Now I cannot select any of such, well, "problematic", as I said, civilizations - along with most of the vanilla ones. The ones I can select are mostly JFD's, TCM's, and TPangolin civs which worked smoothly before. But I just can't play "Alans vs the rest of the world" without, say, Byzantium, or Celts, or Rome. I have looked at the mods I have installed and deduced that "More Luxuries" may be the cause of the problem. Noep. Ran the game without it - still the same issue. And I decided to ask for help. What can be the cause of this thing? Did anyone else encountered such a problem?
    Thanks in advance.
    UPD:
    Sorry everyone, found out that I had one city-state mod installed - removing it solved the problem. Yup.

17. ilmis9

ilmis9 Chieftain

Hi. Im have "civ5.exe stopped working" error in turn 145 when playin` giant earth.. what can i do?:(

18. Chrisy15

Chrisy15 Flower, Beautiful

Can you add an override for the CP's city distancing for v24? It's a pain to have to go into the WorldChanges file every time I want to use them together, especially when I'm never quite sure what size the map is!

19. HaterShades7

HaterShades7 Chieftain

I want to play an all Asia game with the Large Asia map, yet very few of the Asia modded civs are TSL ready. I was just wondering if anyone has a fix for this.

20. Chrisy15

Chrisy15 Flower, Beautiful

Various TSL patches are in the OP - they might help.