[TSL] Yet (not) Another Earth Maps Pack

I'm noticing a lot of ruins appearing on Mountains - it's kinda annoying :/

Not completely up to date, no. But I'll keep pestering JFD about starting a new thread with an overview of the maps ;).

RE, ruins on mountains, was this with the CP? In my tests I've run without it and haven't experienced any misplaced ruins.

Not completely up to date, no. But I'll keep pestering JFD about starting a new thread with an overview of the maps ;).

RE, ruins on mountains, was this with the CP? In my tests I've run without it and haven't experienced any misplaced ruins.

I'll check if it happens without it, then. Is there any reason why?

I'll check if it happens without it, then. Is there any reason why?

I've seen ruins appear on mountains in CBP. I think this is because Incas can cross mountains. Also, you can get them when you get the first flying unit, the Zeppelin.

I've seen ruins appear on mountains in CBP. I think this is because Incas can cross mountains. Also, you can get them when you get the first flying unit, the Zeppelin.

Not much use when you're not using the 'B' part, then :)

Eh, this might be another one to yell at G about, then.

Maybe. Though I'm not completely sure.

But besides that, are anyone enjoying the maps so far? I know there's not a lot of civs supporting them yet, but hopefully modders will get on that soon enough.

I would like to know is it possible to play the ynaemp with 43 civilizations with random starting locations if you play with more than 1 civ. Kinda like if you start a single player game and then restart game the starting locations will be all over. I tried the random start location map but it just places the civs in spots where there is a TSL for one of the civs in the game.

You see I love playing these giant maps with 43 civs, but recently it started bother me that I always know where the other civs are and the fact that some of the civs I like the most are in "boring" spots. And the reason why I play with more than 1 civ usually 4 or 5 is because I like to play on epic speed and then if I have a great game in which I have sunk hours and suddenly all goes bad for one of the civs I play with I can focus more on the civs that havne't for example lost their capital to Shaka's wrath.

Hi

New maps not tested yet (Im too attached to world giant map) but Im very satisfied because with almost all eurasia discovered I havent found a single CS spawning without its settler (I used to found a lot even when choosing only TSL CS)

That was the most annoying thing to me, so for now Ill rate the update as 9/10 stars.

Thnk you!!

Maybe. Though I'm not completely sure.

But besides that, are anyone enjoying the maps so far? I know there's not a lot of civs supporting them yet, but hopefully modders will get on that soon enough.

Well, I wrote a few TSLs for North Sea, but then gave up on the game after EUI broke a bit and I realised that Denmark is on an island :/

I did support for Hiram's Celtic split; JFD's Anglo-Saxons, Normandy, Arminius, Bohemia, Franks, Flanders and Norway; MC's Mercia; DJS's Northumbria and RJ's Manx (the medieval ones). The only one I'm not happy with is Frankia - I really don't know where their capital should be, and so I based the position off their TSL for Large Europe.

Now, guess I've just got to enjoy a game with it now...

Attachments

• TSLs.7z
    465 bytes · Views: 174
The problem is, that their Capital isn't Aachen - instead, the city is somewhere closer to the Channel, in France. I ended up placing them slightly north of the Alps, but I guess it's up to JFD to decide what to do.

You mean Tournai? Then just put it west of where Aachen would be.

Hello. Although I've retired from these forums (so that my account had been deactivated and I had to make a new one), I'd like to have my world map included in this mod. Here is the Steam link to it; I recently updated the map with what is likely to be its final version (unless Civ VI will be very long in coming).

As I've understood it, you've taken over the reins from Gedemon and are continuing to update his fantastic and (imo) essential mod. When I talked to him ages ago, he was very willing to have my map as part of the mod. It would have two great benefits for players, 1) being able to choose any starting Civs at the start of the game; and 2) having correct names for all the City States (I used the default names as a dire compromise and consequently you'll find Milan in the Arctic, etc). And ofc reaching more players would be a benefit as well, as not too many people seem to know about my map.

Just to speed things up, in case you will accept the map, I'm enclosing a few files which will show you the correct names and starting locations for the various Civs
and City States, as well as the map file itself. I don't know how you work your magic, but if this is not sufficient, please inform me if you need something else to incorporate my map in the mod (assuming you choose to do it ofc).

Regards & happy civving, :king:

--stiiknafuulia (formerly Greizer85)

Attachments

• ZipWorld v.1.1 (62 x 98) by Greizer85 + Civ Placement Instructions.7z
    1.6 MB · Views: 56
When I played the Americas map it only allowed me to have 6 civilizations and 5 city states. It was past turn 50 when I found my first civ.

When I played the Americas map it only allowed me to have 6 civilizations and 5 city states. It was past turn 50 when I found my first civ.

1. Download more civs
2. Write their TSLs
3. Win.

If anyone provides TSL for civs unlikely to be updated by their authors (Patria Grande, LastSword, More Civs, etc.), feel free to post them and I'll include them, as I've already done for a few maps for PG.

1. Download more civs
2. Write their TSLs
3. Win.

So what you're saying is it'll limit you by how many TSL civs/ CSes you have installed? I had the City state placement set to TSL and random but when I flipped it to totally random it had a much larger amount available.

So what you're saying is it'll limit you by how many TSL civs/ CSes you have installed? I had the City state placement set to TSL and random but when I flipped it to totally random it had a much larger amount available.

Yup, that's how it works.

Top Bottom