[TSL] Yet (not) Another Earth Maps Pack

I was answering wolfman972 question which was simplier (and so answerable from my phone...) :D

for your's:

With the DLL you're limited to 29 CS (63 player max, more major means less minors.)

If you want to have 40 CS you have to use 22 majors (don't use the DLL) and then the mod you'll need to edit is the "YnAEMP extended selection".

You're not really beginning with the simpler and cleanest modding way BTW :D

Hmm there is no XML with that name in the map pack mod. I looked at the Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Yet (not) Another Earth Maps Pack (v 17)\XML\MinorCivAdded file but it only has 17 CS. Is there a place where I can edit the names all of the CS that can show up (I think it's 41 or 42) in a giant earth map game?

"YnAEMP extended selection" is a mod, see first post for a link.

"YnAEMP extended selection" is a mod, see first post for a link.

Hmm I used that. But when I edit the XML and delete the number of city states to reduce the number to 29, the game crashes when I start the map. Is it because "YnAEMP extended selection" is for vanilla Civ 5 and I'm using G&K?

no, just make sure that the first cs in the list have id 0.

no, just make sure that the first cs in the list have id 0.

Hmm.. sorry for so many questions lol... I am able to edit the city state names without any problem and the giant earth map will start up without crashing. However whenever I delete the unneeded city states (in the XML) so that it goes from 45 to 29 city states (I decided to use the 34 civ DLL mod for my scenario), the game crashes as soon as I press the start game button to launch the map. Are there certain city states that I can't delete without the game crashing? And yes, the first city state (Poland) has id 0.

does it crash without the DLL ?

does it crash without the DLL ?

Nope, it doesn't crash without the DLL after I reduce the city state number to 29. So I guess it's a DLL problem? Weird. If I don't delete any city states from the XML and have the DLL enabled, the game doesn't crash. However, if I reduce the number of city states from 45 to 29, and the DLL is enabled, that's when the game crashes. :/

I've been getting a lot of crashes playing through a 26 civ game on Marathon. For the most part they've just been annoying and I've been able to get past them by saving a lot (they would rarely occur in the same place twice), but recently I've encountered a turn where the game always crashes on the Iroquois' turn. I've tried reverting back to an earlier save, but as soon as I get to that turn (401), the game crashes.

You mentioned creating a log earlier so as to better diagnose what's going on, but I don't really know the details of clearing the cache--will this get rid of anything I might want to keep?

Just wanted to say thanks for this mod. I LOVE IT!!!

I won my first culture game as Aztecs on Prince (22 civs/42 cs). I conquered all of the Western Hemisphere which as fun.

I've stepped up to King and have been playing as India. I went Tradition for the first time and got a second city planted when Persia rolled over me lilke an Immortal tsunami. In the process he also ICSed the entire subcontinent before I was able to stop the final conquest on Dehli (Mumbai was a lost cause). I've since managed to build an army, secure an iron deposit, and grow Dehli to size 20. I've started the slow process of smashing Persia and conquering the ICS Persian Cities. Really, really fun.

Sadly, the "Pointiest Sticks" ranking has me at around 180 and the Huns at 3580 and an unknown civ at 4890. I am likely very doomed unless my conquest momentum can continue.

Anyway, love this map. And I especially love the option allowing the United States to be removed. THANK YOU!!!!

I do believe I would have given up on Civ 5 if it werent for your generous provision of a "GIANT" version of the game. I play nothing but YNAEM and your Giant Continents.

I wish you the best of Christmases this year.

AFAIK nothing was broken by the fall patch.

post your Lua log please.

after enabling the loggin system and launched a game with the mod, see troubleshooting in first post :D

I've used your giant map to make a custom WWIII scenario. I test the map at every stage and it works until I get near complete. I have started over from scratch and the same thing happened.

First time: Nearly everything was added but it crashed when I was adding improvements.

Second time: Nealy everything was added but it crashed when I add any units.

I don't know if this is because it is too big or not. I have tried this map on two different PCs and it crashes for both. I'm at the end of my rope after the many hours I've put into these maps.

Please help!

PS: I do not know how to send a private message.

Using Worldbuilder or IGE ? If the latter then it may be a map size problem.

Top Bottom