[TSL] Yet (not) Another Earth Maps Pack

It's planned from day one, but I still hadn't the time to do it. That's the problem of maintaining multiple mods...

As for switching off TSL, it has been requested, and may be added. No ETA.

Can anyone know how to add 6 or 8 hours to a day length ? :D

It's planned from day one, but I still hadn't the time to do it. That's the problem of maintaining multiple mods...

As for switching off TSL, it has been requested, and may be added. No ETA.

Can anyone know how to add 6 or 8 hours to a day length ? :D

?
Where you talking to me about planned from day one about accurate resource management? If so I'm excited for Standard World Map to get it hopefully soon? :)

Should I start rejoicing now? haha

I mean I planned from the day I've added this map to add the realistic resource placement to it, but didn't find the time to do it since. Which is sadly an indication that I may not find that time *soon*.

So 3 new wonders seem to be coming out of BNW: Lake Victoria, Kilimanjaro, and King Solomon's Mines. Since the current legendary wonders aren't on the map, does that mean the first two will appear and the mines won't? Though TBH I don't know much about Solomon's mines and searching it gets a bunch of movie and book results.

For some reason I'm unable to select Spain on the Giant Earth map for Player 1. Spain is selectable for every other player, but the list for Player 1 ends at Sweden. If it matters, I have all the DLC and G+K.

So 3 new wonders seem to be coming out of BNW: Lake Victoria, Kilimanjaro, and King Solomon's Mines. Since the current legendary wonders aren't on the map, does that mean the first two will appear and the mines won't? Though TBH I don't know much about Solomon's mines and searching it gets a bunch of movie and book results.
Yep, Lake Victoria and Kilimanjaro are added to the Giant Earth map, but I've not set Salomon's mines position.

One day I'll add an option to allow the mythical wonders to be placed at a random plot in a specific area. One day.

For some reason I'm unable to select Spain on the Giant Earth map for Player 1. Spain is selectable for every other player, but the list for Player 1 ends at Sweden. If it matters, I have all the DLC and G+K.

Playing in a resolution height under 720 pixel ? Next version should fix that.

You can try this waiting for it:

open the file named YnaemSetup.xml (in the "\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Yet (not) Another Earth Maps Pack (v xx)\GameSetup" folder) with notepad or another text editor.

find the line
<PullDown Hidden="0" Anchor="L,B" Style="GenericPullDown" ScrollThreshold="600" Size="280,27" AutoSizePopUp="1" SpaceForScroll="0" ID="CivPulldown" Offset="0,0" >

and replace
ScrollThreshold="600"

by
ScrollThreshold="500"

I'll be the ass to ask...how soon after BNW release do you expect an update of this to be released?

Also, I recall you updated all/most of your mods not too long ago, but they never appeared on Steam - do you intend to keep posting your mods to Steam?

I'll try to post the dev version with all starting location for the Giant Earth and Large Europe before BNW release, then I'll update it again after if needed. But if "it's needed" I don't know how long it could take, depend of what's broken.

My other mods (Revolution, HSD) should be updated on steam and CFC next WE, with a new version.

Question: I like to play with modded game speed settings, how can I mod the game speed settings for this mod?

uh if you mod the Gamespeed xml file in the main G&K folder then that also applies to the mod.

You can use multiple mods at the same time, this mod and a game speed mod shouldn't cause any conflicts.

Yep, YnAEMP does not alter the game speed settings, should work with any modification of that table.

Hi there,

and thank you to the whole Team for this great work !

THANK YOU

Now my question, as BNW will have now official Support of maps, BUT still not mods, do you intend to make also a "MP Map Pack" with all that maps you have collected (placing 12 staring Locations, fewer resources and starting Locations for City states.
Of course, that the advanced setup isn't possible, many things will be random.

SO COULD YOU IMAGINE, that the team will have a look at that task to build a MP Map Pack or not so intresting for you ?

ANYWAY THANK YOU for your hard work !

Playing in a resolution height under 720 pixel ? Next version should fix that.

You can try this waiting for it:

No, 1366x768. When I tried your advice, the interface disappeared, so I'll just wait for the next version. BNW comes out here next friday, so not much point in starting a new game anyway.

I did that and it didn't seem to

can you tell us the steps you are doing this? Because I change the value of science percent for example in the gamespeed xml file and that change applies to the mod too.

Hi there,

and thank you to the whole Team for this great work !

THANK YOU

Now my question, as BNW will have now official Support of maps, BUT still not mods, do you intend to make also a "MP Map Pack" with all that maps you have collected (placing 12 staring Locations, fewer resources and starting Locations for City states.
Of course, that the advanced setup isn't possible, many things will be random.

SO COULD YOU IMAGINE, that the team will have a look at that task to build a MP Map Pack or not so intresting for you ?

ANYWAY THANK YOU for your hard work !
There are already custom map from that pack available separately, so I don't plan to make a MP pack. (feel free to edit the maps for MP, but remember to credit the original authors if you release them)

But when/if mods are allowed in MP, I'll do a custom setup screen to bring the features of YnAEMP to MP.

I'll try to post the dev version with all starting location for the Giant Earth and Large Europe before BNW release, then I'll update it again after if needed. But if "it's needed" I don't know how long it could take, depend of what's broken.

My other mods (Revolution, HSD) should be updated on steam and CFC next WE, with a new version.

Great to hear this - you rock, thanks for your work!

BNW version is available on steam workshop, I'll update here tonight (GMT time)

BNW version is available on steam workshop, I'll update here tonight (GMT time)

Excellent! I look forward to playing it in the morning, but for now I must sleep.

EDIT: Finally got to play the map! Put in a few hours as Venice on the Giant map, with CS distance set to minimum. Needless to say, I was surrounded by potential puppets. At the moment, only Vatican City, Monaco, Valletta, and Zurich have been assimilated; my next target is probably going to be Jerusalem even though Ragusa is right next door.

I've included all the BNW civs, and I gotta say - Moroccan trade routes are the best. Until Askia is an and conquers Al-Mansur's only two coastal cities, forcing me to reroute to Portugal and Poland.

Top Bottom