1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[TSL] Yet (not) Another Earth Maps Pack

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Custom maps' started by Gedemon, Nov 8, 2010.

1. Glassmage

Glassmage The Desert Flame

thanks pawels but where is this sql file?

2. PawelS

PawelS Ancient Druid

Well, if you want to make the mod you mentioned, you should add an sql file to it, and put the code from my post there (and also add it to the Actions tab, OnModActivated -> UpdateDatabase).

3. flaneur

flaneur Chieftain

Hi to all of you, guys.
    Firstly, I d like to give my thanks to Gedemon for this fine mod.

Secondly, a question. I haven't played Civ V for a year and a half. Is it possible to play this mod in G&K and have CS which were afterwards replaced, like Edinburgh or Stockholm if I don't want to select the Celts or the Swedes as players?

Thanks in advance!

4. spartasmaximus

spartasmaximus Chieftain

Hey thanks for the mod first and foremost.

However I just realize that I was having trouble keeping my people happy, until I looked closer to the stats and I think there is a bug. Or at least I didn't see in the OP that this was suppose to be like that.

basically luxury items don't give happiness beyond the first one.
    I.e: If I have 3 marbles, the first gives me +4 happiness, the other two don't add to the count, so there is 8 missing.

In other words the only happiness you get is from the first luxury item of its kind you get. Given this is impossible to spread beyond my borders.

Started as rome: Which had
    Silver nearby
    Marble down south

Until Then I had +8

Got into an argument with Greece so I took over, They had 3 sugar, 1 marble , wine
    My happiness went from +8 to +16. The other 2 sugars and the marble didn't add to anything.

5. Pouakai

Pouakai It belongs in a museum. Moderator

That's exactly how the whole game is supposed to work - only the first luxury gives you happiness. Additional copies are generally used to trade with other players to get luxuries you don't have any copies of, and thus more happiness

6. iRule

iRule Warlord

Guys, I have the Civ V Gold Edition version and I can't seem to find the advanced start for mods button! What do I do? Whenever I check the mod on "Mods" it says "mods are activated" and I'm taken back to the main

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198087267105/screenshots/

Whenever I click on "next" I'm taken back to the mods menu...

Edit: Never mind, I'm stupid, there's a "Single Player" option there...

7. Geppenguin

Geppenguin Chieftain

Don't know if anyone has pointed this out before, but on the Huge Earth map, the Aztecs should get a lake at their starting location, both because Lake Tenochtitlan is supposed to be there, and because their UB demands it.
    Also, I think there should be a river flowing through Mongolia, given that Karakorum was built next to a river

8. iRule

iRule Warlord

Yeah I also noticed that about the Aztecs...

By the way, am I the only one bothered with how empty the worlds always ends up like in the Huge Earth map? I know this isn't the map creators' fault, but I wish there was a way to fix this... to support expansionism. I mean, if there was a way England or Spain expanded like they did in real life this wouldn't matter, but they never do. And Europe is also lagging behind Native America, what with all the warring I guess (I've only played with Inca so far - and I got a critical in turn 200, I didn't even have the courage to check where was my last save... is it normal for this to happen?)

9. Glassmage

10. Frossa

Frossa Prince

I like what you have done to the Low Countries, but the Dalälven (the river that ends in Stockholm on your map) should actually hit the ocean 1, maybe 2 tiles north of the city. That's the only inaccuracy I could find though :)

11. Glassmage

I looked at sweden starting position and they have lots of rivers up there and little islands everywhere so I just make a giant river. When Brave New World comes out and Gedemon update the mod, I will put up the new giant map I've been working on since last November and hopefully it will be more accurate. Mainly I am just using wikipedia, crusader kings 2, and europa universalis maps as references.

12. Frossa

Frossa Prince

Oh, ok. I've made my own version of the map as well, not up for download though :D

13. Geppenguin

Geppenguin Chieftain

14. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

yep the huge map need some love...

15. Glassmage

it is hard to balance civs on huge. It is already hard on Giant Map with Portugal, Venice, and Poland coming in. Venice will be destroyed on this map when BNW comes out. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

16. troyc277

troyc277 Chieftain

Hi,

I love your Mod it is incredible and I like the Standard World map. I have a request for accurate resources to spawn option? I hate seeing Ivory/Elephants all over Europe for example.

BTW... You got my 1st post! :)

17. InsanelyApple

InsanelyApple Prince

18. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

I've already set the positions of all BNW civs and known CS for the Giant Earth and the Large Europe in my development version, Shoshones are in Wyoming on the map (it may conflict with a CS if we set them more to the south IIRC), but it can be revised later, when updating/adding other maps.

19. Fan67

Fan67 Chieftain

Gedemon! Thank you for the wonderful maps. Played countless hours.
    One suggestion: after a while TSL are becoming less fun. Few day ago I wanted to start Huge map with all 34 civs and 55 city states with completely random placement over the globe and only now after many games played I noticed that there is no way to switch off TSL for civs.

I hope this is not a major change and you will be able to include this option in the BNW version of your map pack.

20. troyc277

troyc277 Chieftain

I guess I'm invisible or asked a bad question/request?