[TSL] Yet (not) Another Earth Maps Pack

Ho, you want to keep them random ?

I still have that "do not include this civ" selection list in my todo...

edit : but yes, your method will work :D

I look forward to that selection list! (And the dynamic history mod!)

I would like to keep the Civs random. But, as you noted, with that many Civs it makes a better game if they are spaced out.

In a perfect world, I would play on the really big Earth maps, but I feel like units are too slow to cross those enormous distances in realistic time on anything speed faster than Marathon. So, I play on smaller maps, and live with the consequences.

You may want to try this small mod I'm using and that I've just added to the first post:

Ocean double Move

Does what it says...

You may want to try this small mod I'm using and that I've just added to the first post:

Ocean double Move

Does what it says...

Awesome! Thanks! :D

(I would say you're getting closer to RFC all the time, but I suspect that is your goal!)

First, must say, game is uncompleted without that sort of maps. Played with them from the very begining, enjoyed a lot!

Second, made lots of xml, lua changes in v13. Hope you still have one for compare. Took other europe map, modifed it, xml starting positions, resourse rules, etc.
Changed options for fastere start (was in need of huge test games, annoyed a lot to select every option again after cash clean)
May be you'll find something helpfull, it's in attachment.

P.S. Best way to compare changes I know is Total Commander - compare by content - ingore frequent strings

Attachments

• Yet (not) Another Earth Maps Pack (v 13).7z
    7.2 MB · Views: 148
Thanks, I'll have a look at the diff.

I'll have to post a quickfix for the pack, the Songhai starting position on the Large Europe is wrong.

For those wanting to correct it manually, open CivilizationsStartPos.xml in "\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Yet (not) Another Earth Maps Pack (v 19)\XML" folder, and change

Code:
		<Row>
			<Type>CIVILIZATION_SONGHAI</Type>
			<X>22</X>
			<Y>[COLOR="Red"]14[/COLOR]</Y>
		</Row>

to

Code:
		<Row>
			<Type>CIVILIZATION_SONGHAI</Type>
			<X>22</X>
			<Y>[COLOR="Green"]4[/COLOR]</Y>
		</Row>

under the <Civilizations_EuroLargeStartPosition> tag

soooo does the Historical mod work for Giant Earth? Does it cause any game problems? I don't mind the big amount of memories that would be used. I have 8GB.

Also resources in Europe are pretty sparse on Standard any chance you can buff that area up.

Historical Spawn Date was made to be used with this mod, so I really hope it doesn't cause any problem :D

Try abundant for the resource, and/or make sure you've not checked the "don't scale resource with number of players" option.

Small fix uploaded BTW:

v.20 (May 23, 2013)
- Bugfix: wrong starting location for Songhai on the Large Europe Map

And djvandyke has allowed the use of his "gameplay focused"earth map in the pack, I hope to be able to add and release it before BNW :)

it's not on steam yet, I'm currently doing fast updates on various linked components (ynaemp, cultural diffusion, historical spawn dates, revolution, ...), and I want them to be tested on CFC before uploading the "finalized" versions on steam.

uploading/updating take time, I'm saving a lot this way.

Hi Gedemon,

once again thank you for your fantastic work.

Maybe you could help me.
I have managed to convince Civ 5 MP INTERNET to load your maps , but as it only loads the blank map and lua maps , all your maps are without resources, as they are placed through all that other files from your mod.

Is it possible to merge that files and create a map file with resources ?
So that we could use it for our mp Internet game ... I am able to use all Hotseat maps at the Moment for MP (there is already a Earth map, but too small and too many resources, which are random placed !)

Any help would be nice !

PS: maybe starting the game in SP and after that saving only the map with the resources ???? and coping it to the core map Folder, so that I could use it ...

Hey Gedemon!

I started playing Civ5 again a few months ago and found myself using your mod almost exclusively ;)
Good to know you're still updating it!

I still like to use my CS sub-mod, do you think it requires any updating on my part? Keep in mind I was away for a long time so I didnt keep up to date on your mod's evolution.

Little more feedback:
-<ReloadLandmarkSystem> this was 1, farm crash etc, replaced to 0
-Civilization resourse gererator places resourses in group and far away from start, without random placement
solved by adding search with 1 distance, than 2 distance and only then origianl 4
-hills resourses aren't placed on forest hills,
-important: when more city-states are presented, generator can select state which have no TSL location and not to place TSL which had location in MinorCivStartPos; I've solved this by simple disabling all unlisted in in MinorCivStartPos city states, but this better be lua coded

And little changes from previous attached:
-added clean plains hills on map (temp generation problem solve)
-little resourse correction
-added more city states from not another city states mod

Note: after 700 turns on extra slow speed, game turn times became slow (about 30 sec). Looks like idea of cutting huge original map was requred, will make map playable for more modern CPU.

Here is how hicely and great this map worked (except Greese, which desided to join Rome a bit) with cultural diffusion and some AI tweaks from CivUP (after 700 turns, renaissance):

Attachments

• Yet (not) Another Earth Maps Pack (v 13).7z
    13.9 KB · Views: 139
  • 700t.png
    700t.png
    50.6 KB · Views: 287
So with the Shoshone civ using Comanche Calvary that need Horse resource, is it okay to add Horse to Western North America???

I think it will have to be done. Preferabbly horse allotment should be done on historically large pasture and herd areas (Comancheria area [Northern Texas], Sioux [Dakotas], Wyoming, New Mexico)

I don't think that's necessary. What would be better is some sort of system that spawns horses on America the first time a Major Civ sets foot on the continent.

I don't think that's necessary. What would be better is some sort of system that spawns horses on America the first time a Major Civ sets foot on the continent.

This.

Or just trade for horses with a European civ. No big deal.

That's my favorite option, but replace "foot" with "horseshoe": first horse unit used on the continent -> start spawning horse resources a few turns after.

Hey Gedemon!

I started playing Civ5 again a few months ago and found myself using your mod almost exclusively ;)
Good to know you're still updating it!

I still like to use my CS sub-mod, do you think it requires any updating on my part? Keep in mind I was away for a long time so I didnt keep up to date on your mod's evolution.

Should still work, any problem ?

Little more feedback:
-<ReloadLandmarkSystem> this was 1, farm crash etc, replaced to 0
already fixed in one of the recent versions, but I forgot to mention it in the changelog.

-Civilization resourse gererator places resourses in group and far away from start, without random placement
solved by adding search with 1 distance, than 2 distance and only then origianl 4
I prefer to scatter them a bit, else you'll found them at the same position every game.

-hills resourses aren't placed on forest hills
you've edited the map, you can also change the placement rules in ResourcesRules.lua :)

-important: when more city-states are presented, generator can select state which have no TSL location and not to place TSL which had location in MinorCivStartPos; I've solved this by simple disabling all unlisted in in MinorCivStartPos city states, but this better be lua coded
Which CS placement option are you using ?

Is it possible to make a ground double move mod and a ocean triple move mod? :)

Of course it is :) The following SQL code should do it:

Code:
UPDATE Units SET Moves = Moves * 2 WHERE Domain = "DOMAIN_LAND";
UPDATE Units SET Moves = Moves * 3 WHERE Domain = "DOMAIN_SEA";
UPDATE Routes SET FlatMovement = 3 WHERE Type = "ROUTE_RAILROAD";

Top Bottom