• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

[TSL] Yet (not) Another Earth Maps Pack

This maybe a very obvious questions, but i couldn't figure it out.
I tried to play the "yet..." mod by going thru "MOD", "Single Player", "Customer game". I picked the civilizations that i want to play with, then click "Load game". But after a minute waiting, it shows up as I've either defeated all the enemies got defeated. Didn't even get a chance to play. Do i have the setup wrong? I did select all 20 civilizations to play along.

Can anyone help me with this?
Thanks a lot.

Steven

Hello, why at turn 100 I get the "you've been defeated" screen? ..., how is that possible? ... I'm on the year 2640 BC or something... and I'm doing just fine with England..., why it says I've been defeated? ... help appreciated. thx :)

Ok, then I tried to disable the mongols mod and now I can't load the game and I keep getting this error message: "runtime error" and it crashes back to windows.... any thoughts?

Hello, why at turn 100 I get the "you've been defeated" screen? ..., how is that possible? ... I'm on the year 2640 BC or something... and I'm doing just fine with England..., why it says I've been defeated? ... help appreciated. thx :)

After a certain year, IIRC, game chooses a victor based on score. You might have a turn limit enabled, or the "Time" victory option checked.

Any updates you can tell us about Gedemon? Was hoping to play this and R.E.D. (with the Korea update) - new version of that coming any time soon?

- PR-0927

Now, I unchecked the time and cultural victories no max turns and still at turn 100 I loss the game! :mad: , Here's a post of my game so maybe someone can take a look at it to see what's up ...

thx a lot :)

Attachments

• tierra.Civ5Save
    1.6 MB · Views: 104
Is the game supposed to end after 100 turns?

No matter which victory conditions I use, no matter what game length I pick, the same victory condition in game appears, the "destroy 16 civs in 100 turns" type thing.

(I'm using the latest version)

you should deselect the mongol scenario option from the mod menu.

I have that problem .. but I don't understand what I'm supposed to do...

I have kind of the same problem as Harvin, but worse. I got "you've been defeated" after i click start game. Do i have the setting wrong?

Hey I have a question, how can change/add resources on YNAEMP? When I go to my XML file and choose Civilization Requested Resources I can't edit anything... I know this is most likely a stupid question but I appreciate the help :p! Also, thank you very much for the map, I've been enjoying it quite a lot!

I have kind of the same problem as Harvin, but worse. I got "you've been defeated" after i click start game. Do i have the setting wrong?

Map is failing to generate. You always get "You've been defeated." right at the start if MapGenerator.lua or AssignStartingPlots.lua(Main Cause) encounter runtime error's, there maybe other files that effect it too.

Try turning on FireTuner(SDK Tool) and allowing it to connect to the game via Config.ini (In ....Documents\MyGames\Sid Meir's Civilization V), this will allow you too see whats failing, will even point at the offending line of code and a trace back.

Map is failing to generate. You always get "You've been defeated." right at the start if MapGenerator.lua or AssignStartingPlots.lua(Main Cause) encounter runtime error's, there maybe other files that effect it too.

Try turning on FireTuner(SDK Tool) and allowing it to connect to the game via Config.ini (In ....Documents\MyGames\Sid Meir's Civilization V), this will allow you too see whats failing, will even point at the offending line of code and a trace back.
I'm sorry but I'm really a n00b when it comes to this, could you please explain it to me ? :)

The game keeps freezing up. Here is the log. Thanks...
With this mod, the log is helpfull mostly for crash during map creation at begining. It can help for crash happening later, if there's an output from other mods (or vanilla game). But here there's no clue on why it freeze, sorry.

Ok, then I tried to disable the mongols mod and now I can't load the game and I keep getting this error message: "runtime error" and it crashes back to windows.... any thoughts?
can you try without any other mods activated ?

This maybe a very obvious questions, but i couldn't figure it out.
I tried to play the "yet..." mod by going thru "MOD", "Single Player", "Customer game". I picked the civilizations that i want to play with, then click "Load game". But after a minute waiting, it shows up as I've either defeated all the enemies got defeated. Didn't even get a chance to play. Do i have the setup wrong? I did select all 20 civilizations to play along.

Can anyone help me with this?
Thanks a lot.

Steven
And here the Lua log would help.

Any updates you can tell us about Gedemon? Was hoping to play this and R.E.D. (with the Korea update) - new version of that coming any time soon?

- PR-0927
I can't promise anything here. I know that next update of R.E.D. is expected, but my modding time is limited ATM. I still plan to update it, don't worry, but there's still no ETA. If I can find a free afternoon during one of the WE to come...

Hey I have a question, how can change/add resources on YNAEMP? When I go to my XML file and choose Civilization Requested Resources I can't edit anything... I know this is most likely a stupid question but I appreciate the help :p! Also, thank you very much for the map, I've been enjoying it quite a lot!
which programm do you use to edit the XML ?

I'm sorry but I'm really a n00b when it comes to this, could you please explain it to me ? :)
see troubleshooting section of first post for enabling logging.

What I meant was that I would go to my civ 5 folder, ( the one in my documents -> games -> civ) and from there I click on Civilization Requested Resources, unfortunately I can't change anything by clicking on the files as it redirect me to a website. You mentioned using a program, but which one would it be ??? FireTuner (from the SDK) perhaps??

Currently i'm not using any program, in fact it's the first time i try to 'mess around the resources'. Just want to know what to do in order to modify stuff :D

I can't promise anything here. I know that next update of R.E.D. is expected, but my modding time is limited ATM. I still plan to update it, don't worry, but there's still no ETA. If I can find a free afternoon during one of the WE to come...

Thanks for the reply man - appreciate it. I used to mod/map extensively for several games, so I know how bothersome it can be to have people ask you about new releases. That being said, are you still planning on updates to Mercenaries or City States UU?

- PR-0927

What I meant was that I would go to my civ 5 folder, ( the one in my documents -> games -> civ) and from there I click on Civilization Requested Resources, unfortunately I can't change anything by clicking on the files as it redirect me to a website. You mentioned using a program, but which one would it be ??? FireTuner (from the SDK) perhaps??

Currently i'm not using any program, in fact it's the first time i try to 'mess around the resources'. Just want to know what to do in order to modify stuff :D
you can use any text editor (such as notepad) to open and edit the XML file.

Thanks for the reply man - appreciate it. I used to mod/map extensively for several games, so I know how bothersome it can be to have people ask you about new releases. That being said, are you still planning on updates to Mercenaries or City States UU?

- PR-0927
Yes, Mercenaries need AI support, and CS UU will need an update to remove Seoul CS UU as Firaxis have the bad habit to keep the old city state key and just change the text when they "remove" one...

Yes, Mercenaries need AI support, and CS UU will need an update to remove Seoul CS UU as Firaxis have the bad habit to keep the old city state key and just change the text when they "remove" one...

Oh, O.K., good to hear, thanks!

- PR-0927

Hey, I changed some resources allocations in the CivilizationRequestedResources in XML file and I made sure that these changes were made in the appropriate map size (I play on the Giant Earth so I made my changes in the Giant Eart "section" of the XML file). I checked the "Add specific resources at starting positions" but somehow, my changes/addition of resources do not show up when i play my games, is there something i'm missing or/and doing wrong?

Hey, I changed some resources allocations in the CivilizationRequestedResources in XML file and I made sure that these changes were made in the appropriate map size (I play on the Giant Earth so I made my changes in the Giant Eart "section" of the XML file). I checked the "Add specific resources at starting positions" but somehow, my changes/addition of resources do not show up when i play my games, is there something i'm missing or/and doing wrong?

NVM It's fixed...

Game Mods In Use:

Better Tech Tree
Beyond The Future
City State Diplomacy Mod
Civ Scottland
Less Repetative Diplomacy Text
Yet (not) Another Earth Maps Pack
Nazi Germany

Note: Windows 7 32-Bit, Memory: 4.00 GB (3.25 usable)
I am playing on Huge Earth to avoid the crash when launching on Giant Earth size, attempting this would crash even when trying to begin a new game.

My problem is that even though game runs fine on huge earth, I have saved my game and gone to play it later, and Civ5 crashes upon loading the save, no matter if it's the save I made, or autosaves.

Top Bottom