[TSL] Yet (not) Another Earth Maps Pack

To all people whose map crashes:

I got rid of all the crashes when I disabled autosave, I play Huge YAEM with no problems.. so far. ;)

Some saves from turn 99 for example always crashed as the game made autosave on turn 100.

How did you disable Autosave--- Did you make the value 0 in Option/Interface for Autosave turns?

How did you disable Autosave--- Did you make the value 0 in Option/Interface for Autosave turns?

The opposite, actually. Just set it to 999 (the game will save every 999 turns, so you should be fine unless you play marathon I guess).

Hey I'm having a problem with loading the map, I have the pack loaded with the green check mark on the mod page, however when I go to single player->custom game it says

"saved game name alpha 001" on the left and it says NO SAVED GAMES on the right.
I'm stumped on what to do in order to fix this!

Help please! Thanks

Hey, love the mod, been playing it with Spatz SMAC mod. Anyway, there seems to be a problem with the main menu, Mongolia is right under Korea (if you have all the DLCs) and im unable to select it for player one, I can scroll down for all the AI, just not for myself :(

The resources placement in this mod looks horrible to me. Why can't you just make the resources permanent on the same location on the map instead of random them and get terrible results (non-realistic). Can you have an option like use "Original map resource" or something ? idk Orginal Dieter's Europe is better but the high of this mod is that you can choose civilizations to exist in game.

Maybe add the Rhyes Converted Earth map with original resource ?

I disagree. Fixed resources maps are boring, because you will try the same tactics over and over again. Fixed terrains already cause some decisions to be almost the same every time. For example, as Inca you will always try to build Terrace Farms in particular hills that you know are adjacent to a lot of mountains. You will try use Scout and meet Rio/Brazil city state first, while at the same time go southeast of Cuzco to get 1 happy from Cerro de Potosi.etc. etc.

Imagine how boring it is to do this over and over with fixed resources you know are in particular places. Rhye is different because it is compensated by dynamic events, and fixed resources must be there for you to even have a chance to accomplish historical goals.

Has anyone had any problems with crashes during the game? Many times my game got stuck. Most times I forgot to save and had to go back to the last autosave, which was rather aggravating. I thought it could have been my old graphics card which was an ATI Radeon HD 5770. If not that then perhaps some of the mods I was using. I recently upgraded my graphics card to a 6770, so hopefully that performs better with the GEM. Let me know if there have been problems with crashing or the game sticking. Thanks.

Earlier in this thread, the issue was mentioned, along with a potential solution of disabling autosaves.
Haven't tried it myself, but, if you don't mind the risk, you could attempt that.

Is Gedemon alive? I don't think he's posted in over a month now.

- PR-0927

The Large Europe TSL map for YAHEM seems to have no iron. I have vast open spaces in Russia explored and no iron anywhere. What the heck is going on man? :crazyeye:

Okay, I have found out I can make changes through xml. It seems that iron resources are still spread out. I suppose that makes for a more strategic game. Also, I am playing with improved 1 UPT which makes it hard to deal with barbs. I may turn them off. I think I will give every major civ on map a 4 iron resource near their home city, any more they will have to procure through expansion.

My game crashes everytime I uncover new resources to upgrade in my territory. When I researched and uncovered coal, went to build a mine to upgrade my resource, it froze. Same thing when I uncovered uranium. Went to build mine to upgrade, and it froze. Autosaves are disabled. Any help?

City States are conquered at the start of the game on every type of game i pick for this mod. What can i do to change this?

Sorry, i've downloaded the map, it works, but sometime a random civic don't apperar in the exact place where it's supposed to be.

Example, european civics appear in exactly starting position, maya instead pop in arabia!

Next time i try and american spot in wrong location...

Anyone can help me?

I only have 1.
However, Gedemon no longer seems to be active, so I don't think this will be updated, unfortunately.

Hello i think everything about this map is epic exept the crashes.
I cant play a propper game with the game freezing on turn 90-100 and i have already set autosave to 500 turns. But it really annoys me because this happens no matter what civ i pick
e.g I play as England and it crashes i play as persia the same etc.

Please find a fix to this. :mad:

Top Bottom