[TSL] Yet (not) Another Earth Maps Pack

Well, just lost my work on Hiram's TSL, so if you want to do all of them be my guest :p

So here's the YnAEMP update:

• Scaled up Rapa Nui and added Isla Sala y Gomez on the Giant Earth map
  • Adjusted Australia on Giant Earth map as per TPangolin's request
  • Corrected issue with GreatestEarth map table, which may fix issues reported in the CP subforum
  • Corrected Zulu TSL on the Africa map
  • Removed TSL values for my civs on the Giant Earth map, to prevent incompatibility, and for custom civs on Appennine, South Pacific, and South East Asia
  • Added option to set "Only TSL" and "Totally Random" for major civs, akin to the CS option

Yay! Salas and Gomez represent!

Anyways, may I make a little request for a future update?

I'd like to have the Bio Bio River added, partly for historical reasons (it was the effective frontier for some 300 odd years) and partly due to gameplay reasons: Chile as it is now is an awful starting place, particularly for the Mapuche, as the Chile civ at least can take advantage of the extra water tiles, but the Mapuche seems to just wane and die in every TSL game I include them in.

There's also a few other details in the Patagonia, the mountains aren't as high down South, so probably the mountain range shouldn't be as thick as it is currently in the farther end of the continent, hills would probably suffice with a few spare mountains, Tierra del Fuego could also be added as a separate island, though I understand that the space down there is kinda... scarce. There's also the issue with fjords, but with as few actual passable tiles down there as there are now I understand why they aren't put there at all.

I understand that v23 is pretty much WIP but the Giant Europe map has no start locations for vanilla civs. It was weird when I noticed that there were only 9 civs in the game.

On the other note, I think that could be probably answered in Gedemon's age, but is there some way to force AI settlers to move if they can't found the capital? Maybe some of Whoward's DLL magic? Italy is always a traffic jam on TSL Europe maps and I had to purchase hexes to push Aurelian's settler away so he could establish Augusta Treverorum in Naples' location. :)

I understand that v23 is pretty much WIP but the Giant Europe map has no start locations for vanilla civs. It was weird when I noticed that there were only 9 civs in the game.

On the other note, I think that could be probably answered in Gedemon's age, but is there some way to force AI settlers to move if they can't found the capital? Maybe some of Whoward's DLL magic? Italy is always a traffic jam on TSL Europe maps and I had to purchase hexes to push Aurelian's settler away so he could establish Augusta Treverorum in Naples' location. :)
Pretty sure Giant Europe has TSL for vanilla civs. At least I think it did in the files I sent to JFD.

Yay! Salas and Gomez represent!

Anyways, may I make a little request for a future update?

I'd like to have the Bio Bio River added, partly for historical reasons (it was the effective frontier for some 300 odd years) and partly due to gameplay reasons: Chile as it is now is an awful starting place, particularly for the Mapuche, as the Chile civ at least can take advantage of the extra water tiles, but the Mapuche seems to just wane and die in every TSL game I include them in.

There's also a few other details in the Patagonia, the mountains aren't as high down South, so probably the mountain range shouldn't be as thick as it is currently in the farther end of the continent, hills would probably suffice with a few spare mountains, Tierra del Fuego could also be added as a separate island, though I understand that the space down there is kinda... scarce. There's also the issue with fjords, but with as few actual passable tiles down there as there are now I understand why they aren't put there at all.

Perhaps these fjords could be represented via a river delta or something.

Looks like it was a false alarm on my side. Started as Venice, spawned in Veneto. Retired and saw the Netherlands on the map. It was probably a combination of new "TSL Only" feature destroying civ players and my confusion since the Giant Europe locations are written in Gedemon's forder and not JFD's.

Yeah, I wrote them before JFD released his YnAEMP patch directly in the XML file. Should probably convert to SQL at some point.
I haven't tried the new major-civ-TSL-only feature yet.

Hey there, I really appreciate the work you put into this as me and my friends enjoyed the hell out of it :D

A suggestion I would like to make is that, is it possible to have the maps without TSL? As in everything is random, let the game pick out the location based on the start bias for each civ?

If it's possible, then please do make this. If not, do you mind telling me specifically what to do?

Cheers :goodjob:

Wouldn't this be achieved by just not choosing 'custom game' after loading up the mod?

Really? Hah, never tried that because it says not to load the game normally or something, thought it was because the map would not load or something but you do make a point, I'll check it out.

Thanks

YnAEMP updated (by Janboruta), with the following as changes to the Huge Earth map:

Download

• reduced Carpathian mountains
  • reduced Alps (1 tile)
  • added two tiles to Asia Minor
  • added Cyprus
  • added Malta
  • added a tile to Sardinia
  • added a tile to Estonia
  • added lake Ladoga
  • added a lake and marshes in Finland
  • added river simulating the Straits of Messina and the thing between Greece and Pelopponese
  • added Balearic islands
  • added marshes and an atoll to Dutch starting location
  • added Aegean archipelago (atolls)
  • enlarged Iceland and added an atoll (Faroe Islands) so they can still live out there
  • added Channel Islands (atoll)
  • added tiles to Madeira and the Canary Islands
  • remodeled British Isles
  • remodeled Scandinavia
  • changed desert north of Caucasus to steppe
  • fixed weird Africa shape by extending it westwards
  • added two tiles at Carthage
  • added Reunion
  • added a tile to the Seychelles
  • added the Comoros (atoll)
  • added islands to the Caribbean (Curacao, Tortuga, Trinidad, Barbados), added a tile to Cuba,
  • enlarged Hispaniola,
  • enlarged Puerto Rico
  • enlarged Yucatan
  • reduced mountains in Mexico
  • added Atacama desert for the Nazca
  • removed a bit of the Andes to make way for Bolivia, Peru and other civs that aren't the Inca.
  • removed mountains in Colombia so it's a viable place to settle
  • added a few tiles around Peru for more realistic shape
  • added a few tiles south of Buenos Aires
  • removed a tile in Florida, added Bahamas in place
  • enlarged Newfoundland
  • reduced mountains in Persia
  • removed odd deserts in Persia
  • added oases around Samarqand to make the area habitable
  • added two tiles in India (Gujarat)
  • added a tile to Korea
  • added tiles to Southeast Asia
  • improved Indonesia and the Pilippines (seriously they were hideous)
  • improved Omani starting position
  • improved Japan (better Hokkaido, atolls)
  • moved Sakhalin
  • added a tile and an atoll to Hawaii
  • added tiles to New Zealand so it doesn't look like a liquid turd. North and South Islands are separated by a river, allowing the Maori to expand while maintaining the illusion of the straits being there.
  • Added rivers:
    • added Vistula
    • added Neman
    • added Neva
    • added Vardar
    • added Gambia
    • added Amu-Daria
    • added Syr-Daria
    • added Potomac
    • added Columbia
    • added Colorado
    • added Sacramento and San Joaquin
    • added Rio Grande
    • added Yalu
    • added Irrawaddy
    • added Salween
    • added a couple fjords

If this doesn't resolve the issue with Chile, Hoop Thrower, please let me know and I'll address it in the next update.

I'm getting a crash every time I load up the Huge Earth when I hit begin your journey. I made sure to disable More Luxuries in case it was that. Which log file has the crash report so I can post it?

It's not possible to add any custom civs to the giant europe map for me.
Anyone else or some ideas?
Maybe it has something to do with the vanilla and custom civ split in "CivilizationStartPos.XML"?

Are you doing adding the custom civs through the original CivilizationStartPos.xml file using the method described in the op?

Yes I add the civ name with xy coordinates.
It works on all other maps but not on the new v23 giant europe map.
Thats why im reporting it.

Top Bottom