Turn 174 - 580 AD

Donovan Zoi

The Return
Name That Reference! :D

Fanatikou is in the process of building over the ruins of GCA, and has started the festivites just southeast of Xin Yun Feng in the new city of Pei Mei. Can you figure out the inspiration for the name of this new city? :mischief:

Attachments

• ad580-peimei (2).jpg
    ad580-peimei (2).jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 116
Continuing on the settlement topic, a Settler began its journey east from Xiang Zhou and will settle on the rubble to the far right in 620 AD(4 turns).

You can also see that Yun Qiuling is almost finished with a Settler, which will be used to secure our canal site near former Equilibrium.

Attachments

• ad580-xiangzhou (2).jpg
    ad580-xiangzhou (2).jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 146
Speaking of the canal site, our Workers are doing their best to ensure quick, safe travel for our canal Settler.

Attachments

• ad580-roadnorth (2).jpg
    ad580-roadnorth (2).jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 128
Wow...No International News This Turn! :eek:

That's right, no ground was either gained or lost; no cities switched hands; no names were changed.

So to tide you over on this slow news day, I have attached a map of the CGN continent so that you may see the big picture of what is happening there.

Attachments

• ad580-cgn (2).jpg
    ad580-cgn (2).jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 149
Finally, and maybe most importantly, I feel that it may be time to rethink our current research strategy of going for Printing Press(now due in 26 turns). The tech itself has nothing to offer, and serves only as a prerequisite to Democracy and Music Theory, both optional techs.

Since a government of Democracy may not serve our needs in the eventual war with GWT, I feel that we may need to scrap our current research and begin something else.

Our only other two options are Education, which Apolyton already has, and Chemistry, which Apolyton is already researching. If we can get them to give us Education, we could get started on the 40-turn route to Banking while our alles work on researching the tech branches that will help in the war.

What do you think?

Attachments

• ad580-science (2).jpg
    ad580-science (2).jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 121
Better than last turn... And I agree, we should try to ask Poly to give us education so we can go for banking...

Interesting that it was a calm turn, that seems like a first in this crazy war. I see your point in asking for Education... it would make a great plan:goodjob:

Keep up the good work!

Has someone seen Kill Bill Vol 2, or is that just me? ;)

Originally posted by Ankka
...And I agree, we should try to ask Poly to give us education so we can go for banking...

I totaly agree too. Even though it will make it easyer for GWT to reaserch Education I do not think they want to reserch it now. Rember how GWT asked for gunpowder? That shows that they are going for Calvary. So I do not think they will try to get a commerce tech as opposed to trying to get a military tech.
The ability to share banking with APO and for us to use it as well will greatly fund the war effert.

Do we really want to cut ourselves off from Democracy for the rest of the game like that? Right now we have the benefit of choosing our advancements at our leisure, later on when we are embroiled in war like CGN we might not be able to do that.

Just because we gain democracy doesn't mean we have to stay a democracy until the end of the game. We can play as a democracy, at high production, income, and scientific advancement, until we find that we need to switch to Republic or Monarch for war reasons.

Also, I hate to go fourteen turns backwards on a technology we might have wished we had in twenty-six turns.

I must have missed something from a previous turn thread, but why is it that Apolyton has a city in CGN territory?

deshelbr, if we were a religious civ, I may consider staying the course to Democracy. However, since each government switch(there and back) would likely cost us 5-7 turns of Anarchy each, I think the short term benefits of a quick stay of in Democracy would be lost.

The simple fact is that in 50 or so turns, we will be at war with GWT. It is the only chance we have of winning this game. Yet the War Weariness from a democratic government at that time would ultimately prove staggering, as said war would last quite some time.

I think the best thing to do is stay the course to Republic, while bypassing all elective techs(besides Navigation) to reach the Industrial Age ASAP. Only our joint tech lead against GWT will give Poly and ourselves the upper hand against the scoundrels in the West. So we will need to use that tech lead to the utmost.

Originally posted by Ankka
I agree with DZ.

Boots: I don't think anyone here knows that.

Actually, I do. Sorry for forgetting to post it.

Had an informal talk with Trp and found out that Poly is using that city to buy workers from CGN. With that deal, CGN gets much-needed gold while Apolyton gets something for its investment. However, in order to broker such a deal, one must have acess to CGN's capital, and that was the only way to do it at this tme.

I had considered our taking part in this deal when it was discussed earlier, but I still want to maintain the illusion of neutrality so that GWT doesn't come here to start trouble. :)

Originally posted by Vander
Has someone seen Kill Bill Vol 2, or is that just me? ;)

Vander, you are slow as an ox, and with less sense, but your correct answer will afford you some grain tonight, along with the pleasure of my company. :ninja:

Translated: Great job, Vander! :D

Don't get riled up, everyone. Just see the movie. Hopefully Vander has seen it, and gets the joke. :mischief: :lol:

YES YES go banking! I still cannot figure out why we'd even want to research Democracy!

maybe because of the huge money benefits that can come with it?

care to explain the difference it will make?

Top Bottom