Turn 176 - 600 AD

Donovan Zoi

The Return
Sorry, not too many pictures this time out.....

1. We got our Silks back from Apolyton.

2. We completed a Harbor on the island, which dropped corruption there somewhat.

3. The Settler from Shen Ling landed on the island and should found a city within 3 turns.

4. No real news in the West.

The Mainland

Attachments

• ad600 (2).jpg
    ad600 (2).jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 114
(doing a little delurking here) Everything DOESN'T look great... atleast this late in the game for a mp game. We need everything covered, and borders expanded. BTW, I haven't been able to look at the save yet due to Internet Explorer being fickle about save files, but Netscape email does accept them. :) I also wouldn't build the FP that close to the capital though...

I think Jingyu whatever should build a temple to get those whales into the borders and into use.

We're getting 2 settlers in 3 turns? nice. :)

From Con:
Sent to CFC:

Along with E_T's map of the CFC possible strike route

Hey D_X

Im just relaying some information to you as the duty FAM guy. Unfortunately our CFC Ambassadors are less then reliable :(

Anyway here is what I would like to pass:

1. We will need 900 of the 1000 Gold you offered for this operation.

2. We will have Navigation in 10 turns

3. Our recommendation is to go for a particular target, strike it and then get out. Also please make sure to cut the north-south road as much as possible to delay GWT reinforcements and also cut them off of Grapes. The reason this is a hit and run is because we want to minimize the chance of GWT getting another Great Leader. Which if they do will of course allow them to rapidly reconstruct the Forbidden Palace, minimizing the long term effectivness of this attack.

4.We should as partners start regularly discussing this stuff. Thats why Arnelos sent you to message asking for a chat. The key to sucess in this operation is a perfectly timed hit and run, in order to do that we need to coordinate timetables. So I would suggest we start chatting a couple of time a week.

5. Attached is a conceptual picture of what we think you ought to be doing, this is a guide that we came up with and wanted to share with you.

This is the comment with the picture staright out of our forum. Notice the timing will be crucial

Possible CFC Strike and where at

Because of timing, distance and Targets that CFC might be able to take on, the only thing that would really make a big dent in their War effort AND to further cripple them economically is for CFC to strike at the Road that connects them with the south. This will slow anything coming back from their front and remove their Wines from availability.

Timing Issue: CFC needs to follow this timeline, so that our Group A can get into position, without them being spoted.
Also, this would allow us to keep from gifting Astro to CFC until 2 turns before Nav, incase they needed to upgrade.

Your friends and allies Apolyton

conmcb25
Deputy FAM for Apolyton

Carification, to keep the cost to GWT up as much as possible, if they are researching Education at that time....

Timeline of Possible Events (note Navigation is finished on turn 187 (710 AD):
Here is a timeline of possible events
D-6: Gift Education to CFC (if GWT doesn't have it before this time).
D-5: Gift Astro to CFC, they do what ever upgrades that they can. IF they don;t have the funds for the upgrades, then we can give them Education now and Astro next turn.
D-4: 1 turn to Nav. All groups are ready to set off
D-3: Navigation. We gift Nav to CFC. Boats move
D-2: Boats moving
D-1: Group A ready to land next turn. CFC is still in deep Ocean waters. If GWT hasn't spotted us, we should have no problems.
D-day: Group A lands. CFC might get spotted this turn, but not likely.
D+1: Beachhead city built, Ruhrpott (FP) strike. Possible other strikes at Balkin and Elfenhain. CFC lands.
D+2: FP groups go for other possible target, depending on what is available. CFC starts their strikes. Parth Group Lands.
D+3: Parth Group Strikes. FP groups go for other possible target, depending on what is available. CFC causes more problems.
D+4: Everyone DeeDeeMao's.

Now, the possible GWT responce:
D-10: sees that we have cut our Iron.
D-6: if GWT/GCA have Theo before this turn, they might notice the cost of Education going down.
D-5/4: if GWT/GCA have Edu before this turn, they might notice the cost of Astronomy going down. Sees us reconnect our Iron.
D-3: If they notice, they will see that they can trade with us, knowing that we have Nav (that assumes that they can do so without us initiating the trade).
D-Day: Sees Group A on the beach. GWT changes production, possible Iron cut, rushes what is available to rush, which won't be ready the next turn.
D+1: Groups A/B strikes. Sees CFC group on the beach. Reconnects Iron, Upgrades Units rushed last turn (can't move). IT's likely, that they would be moved closer to the FP/CFC units before Upgrading.
D+2: Groups A/B causes more problems. CFC cuts Wine/North-South road. Possible Civil Unrest in some cities. Sees Parth Group on beach. Upgraded Units move this turn.
D+3: Parth Strike. Groups A/B & CFC causes more problems.
D+4: sees everyone gone.....

ANd from Arnelos:
We need to chat with you guys about finances and about whatever role you guys want in this. I'd suggest something on the order of another "summit" meeting with heads of state, given the subject matter.

Donovan, if you could let me know of your availability for that, it would help a lot. I'll will try to have us accomodate your availability.

Thanks.

- Arnelos

There might be some other things, but this gets you guys started. We DO need to coordinate things, ASAP

E_T

Attachments

• CFCStrike.jpg
    CFCStrike.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 104
Ahh, the Invasion of Normandy I see. Good Luck!

The save has been waiting two days! I'll play it in about half an hour unless someone pops up.

This was in the mailbox:

Please get back to me via email or in our embassy chatroom #isdgfamtalks.

Our two nations need to begin actively and cooperatively planning for our comming
assault. We have spent countless hours in very detailed planning on this mission
and we would like to fill you in on what we will soon be undertaking, and trying
our best to involve your nation in this great attack.

I will be available tonight and tomorrow night to chat. Wednesday night as well.
Please let me know when you would like to meet.

--Togas, Minister of Foreign Affairs.

Top Bottom