Tusk1 - Ladies First

The temples I built were about territory control to get good tiles under control. I know some cities were really hurting for tiles to work.

I declare war on Russia since we have forces in the area.

70AD - Move troops towards Russia
90AD - Palace expansion. Lose two Swords taking out three English swords near Shimonoseki.
110AD - kill a Russian Sword near Rostov.
Russia loses a Sword counterattacking.
130AD - Move troops into position for Rostov. Spain has Monotheism.
150AD - We ping both spears in Rostov. Two Swordsmen storm the walls, and Rostov is ours :D
Egypt boots us :(
170AD - just moving troops.
Russia wants peace. Sorry, sweetheart!
190AD - On a whim, I try again for an alliance with Spain. She wants 10gpt + 51 gold. I think that's way too expensive, but it's worth keeping an eye on.
210AD - St. Petersburg, 2/6 Cats hit, then our Swords go 3/3 and the city is ours. We net 3 workers from the deal, too :D
We also kill two Russian Swords next to St. Petersburg.
Feudalism comes in.
230AD - We bombard an English Spear near Rostov.
Russian Sword dies on our Sword
250AD - We bombard a couple of English Swords near St. Petersburg, then kill one of them.
We kill a Spear and lose a Sword attacking Yakutsk.

We're making good progress against Russia. Yakutsk should fall next turn, and then we can take Moscow in about three more turns. Finishing off Russia will be tricky - they have one city past England and another south of Spain.

I started research on Engineering in hopes of trading for Monotheism.

Roster check:

Elephantium - just played
CommandoBob - up!
Kulko - on deck
LKendter
MrRandomGuy

Give the wife gems! And when I say give I mean give. It's a well tested approach ... and should be a Law of Nature in the universe you created. :D

Fun game!

Monarchy
60% Tax
40% Science
00% Luxury

121 gold, +9 gpt

Engineering in 25 turns.

City Builds
  1. Kyoto (10) vMace in 3, grows in 14, 2 clowns.
  2. St. Petersburg (1) catapult in 18, grows in 9.
  3. Osaka (7) vMace in 4, zero growth, 1 clown.
  4. Toyko (6) aqueduct in 1, grows in 9999.
  5. Edo (6) aqueduct in 6, zero growth.
  6. Satsuma (6) aqueduct in 11, zero growth.
  7. Rostov (2) catapult in 15, shortage of 2 fpt, 2 geeks.
  8. Kagoshima (5) settler in 2, grows in 2.
  9. Nagoya (5) settler in 4, grows in 2.
  10. Nara (6) settler in 3, grows in 3.
  11. Nagasaki (3) library in 7, grows in 4.
  12. Yokohama (4) settler in 8, grows in 2.
  13. Shimonoseki (1) vSpear in 14, grows in 4.
  14. Matsuyama (1) rGalley in 24, grows in 14.
  15. Sapporo (1) walls in 6, grows in 6.

Resources
01 Iron

Luxury
01 Furs
01 Silks
01 Gems

City Count
15 Japan (Tusk1 People)
13 France
11 Egypt
11 Spain
06 Russia
05 England

Military
02 Settler
11 Worker
06 Slaves
02 Warrior
06 Archer
05 Spear
21 Swords
06 Catapult
06 Galley
02 Maces
Current Units: 61
Allowed Units: 34
Support Costs: 27 gpt

We are Strong compared to:
  1. Russia (Republic)
  2. Egypt (Republic)
  3. England (Despotism)
  4. France (Monarchy)
  5. Spain (Monarchy)

We are Average compared to:
  1. No one

We are Weak compared to:
  1. No one

We are at War with Russia, our Lover.
We are at War with England, our Ex.

Wonder Races
  • Sun Tzu's Art of war
    • Memphis, Egypt
    • Salamanca, Spain

The Ladies of our Life
We are too shy to talk to France, but we will listen.
Egypt is our girlfriend and we must trade techs one for one until every civ is met.
Russia is our lover and must die first. Well, even beer goggles won't help this one. Let's get that night out of our memory fast!
England is our Ex; constant warfare, bickering and whatnot. Mean spirited shrew. She is easier on the eyes than Catherine but her superior, hyper-critical attitude is just too much. At least with Catherine you can close your eyes or turn out the lights and pretend she is attractive. It is harder to turn off your ears.
Spain is our wife. We would like her to join us against the others. If she will.

Notes
Spain will help us handle our Ex, but her price is steep: all 119 of 121 of our gold and 5 gpt, out of 9 gpt we make.

Both settlers are in Edo, one in Galley C and the other ready to climb aboard. They will sail eastwards, via Yakutsk towards Rostov.

Once we capture Yakutsk, we will need a harbor in it to take advantage of its Ivory.
Should Matsuyama make a harbor instead of a galley? Both will take 24 turns. And a harbor would let our Russian cities enjoy the luxury happiness from our capital, as long as we are friendly with Egypt (and until the inner coastal cities of Russia are ours). Plus give us a second Iron to trade around, if needed.

Are we ship-chaining from Edo to anywhere special? Galley A and B are spaced just right for that, heading north from Edo towards Egypt. And galley Z30 is also 3 from Edo, heading towards Yakutsk.

Russia has Horses and we don't. That needs to change.

France worries me. Joan has a lot of territory and we are in her way. In the near future, I would be willing to let our lover live a bit longer (though without Moscow and Yakutsk) while we make sure that France doesn't put the crush on us.

Plans
Continue the war on Russia.
Batter England around some but mainly focus on our unlovely lover. (What were we thinking that night?)
We could load up two Galleys with four Maces and send them to the south of Spain to eradiciate Valivostok and then maybe Coventry.
But we can't do that right away; we will need reinforcments for the main Russian front.

Next City Builds
  • Kyoto: vMace in 3 -> vMace in 3 -> vMace in 3 -> vMace in 3.
  • St. Petersburg: catapult in 18.
  • Osaka: vMace in 4 -> vMace in 4 -> vMace in 4.
  • Toyko: aqueduct in 1 -> vMace in 4 -> vMace in 4 -> vMace in 4.
  • Edo: aqueduct in 6 -> market in 9.
  • Satsuma: aqueduct in 11.
  • Rostov: catapult in 15.
  • Kagoshima: settler in 2 -> settler in 10.
  • Nagoya: settler in 4 -> settler in 5 -> settler in 5.
  • Nara: settler in 3 -> barracks in 5 -> vMace in 8.
  • Nagasaki: library in 7 -> vGalley ?.
  • Yokohama: settler in 8 -> catapult in 7 ?.
  • Shimonoseki: vSpear in 14.
  • Matsuyama: rGalley in 24.
  • Sapporo: walls in 6 -> library in 80?

I'd say yes to a Harbor in Matsuyama (or Rostov, for that matter). We do need a few more Galleys though.

I was trying to ship-chain between Edo and Matsuyama -- as much as possible, that is. Galley Z30 is heading back up to take part in that. Galley D can go the same way.

We could use a Galley or two out of Osaka, Kagoshima, Nara, or Tokyo to bust fog in the inner sea and north of France - and then head up to the island north of England.

Joan concerns me, too. It would be prudent to send a couple of maces to Kagoshima and a couple more to the tile 1SW from Yokohama - a stack there can respond well to threats across our entire southern border. That being said, I think she can wait until Russia is down to just Vladivostok (we can take Yekaterinburg, her other distant city, after we've taken part of England). Maybe the Wife will be more willing to help us out there after Moscow falls, eh?

Oh, one other thing - Yokohama could work another watered grassland to grow in 1 instead of 2. I didn't MM quite enough on my last turn :(

Things have finally slowed down enough to where I have some time to play. Don't expect to finish tonight but I will get started.

Turns played and done; will post everything tomorrow evening. It is past midnight local time.

0 0250 AD

The Ladies of our Life
We are too shy to talk to France, but we will listen.
Egypt is our girlfriend and we must trade techs one for one until every civ is met.
Russia is our lover must die first. Well, even beer goggles won't help this one. Let's get that night out of our memory fast!
England is our Ex; constant warfare, bickering and whatnot. Shameless hussy.
Spain is our wife. We would like her to join us against the others. If she will.

I'd say yes to a Harbor in Matsuyama (or Rostov, for that matter). We do need a few more Galleys though.

I was trying to ship-chain between Edo and Matsuyama -- as much as possible, that is. Galley Z30 is heading back up to take part in that. Galley D can go the same way.

We could use a Galley or two out of Osaka, Kagoshima, Nara, or Tokyo to bust fog in the inner sea and north of France - and then head up to the island north of England.

Joan concerns me, too. It would be prudent to send a couple of maces to Kagoshima and a couple more to the tile 1SW from Yokohama - a stack there can respond well to threats across our entire southern border. That being said, I think she can wait until Russia is down to just Vladivostok (we can take Yekaterinburg, her other distant city, after we've taken part of England). Maybe the Wife will be more willing to help us out there after Moscow falls, eh?

Oh, one other thing - Yokohama could work another watered grassland to grow in 1 instead of 2. I didn't MM quite enough on my last turn :(
Work an irrigated grassland for Yokohama.
Rostov: catapult in 15 -> harbor in 25.
[IBT]
3/4 Sword out rodeos Russian Horse (1 of 1).

Toyko: aqueduct -> vMace in 5.

1 0260 AD

Trespassers
English rSpear and 2/3 Spear 1SW of St. Petersburg (hill).
English rSword 1N of St. Petersburg (forest and river).

Catapults pummel the Limey sword and eSword puts him down for good (2 of 2, 0 of 1e).
Both English Spears are smashed (4 of 4).
Move Sword onto mountain to block access to Rostov from Russia.
Move 1/4 Sword into Rostov for faster healing.
Move second Sword into St. Petersburg.

Galley A moves 3N.
Galley B takes Galley A's old spot.
Galley Z30 mvoes to 3S of Galley B.
Galley E moves 1W and is now 3NE of Galley A.
Galley C, with a Setter, stays in port this turn.

Yakutsk (3)
vSword out duels rSpear (5 of 5).
vSword is bested by rSpear (5 of 6).
vSword squares off on 2/4 Spear and doesn't even break a sweat dealing with that impediment (6 of 7).

Good News

Yakutsk (2) is ours and so is a source of Ivory (unconneted to Kyoto, however).
We gain three workers (we captured a settler) and two cranky comrades that long for the good old days.
Start a temple to reduce Spainish cultural pressure (half price since we are REL, 30 turns).

Wake up Galley D, sail to Yakutsk and load in 2 slaves.
Third slaves goes to road Wheat.

Workers
Road to Rostov is done. Send 4 of those 6 slaves to irrigate plains for Matsuyama (2 turns), other two begin to mine (12 turns).
Begin to road the grass 1N-1NW of Edo, which will connect us to Egypt.
Begin to mine 1N of Satsuma.

Clown -> geek in Kyoto.
Work irrigate plain instead of fishing; library in 4 not 6.
[IBT]
Kagoshima: settler -> settler in 10.

2 0270 AD

Trespassers
Russian rSword 1S of St. Petersburg (hill).

eSword removes it (6 of 7, 0 of 2e).

Move 1/4 Sword into Yakutsk.

Workers
Ship chain 2 settlers to Matsuyama.
Road completed to Egypt. Mine that grass.
New settler heads to Edo.
Plains mined 1SE of Toyko. Those 2 workers move 2NW onto hill to mine (another worker is roading that hill).
Hilltop road 1S of Yokohama is done; 3 workers begin to mine.
Galley D arrives in Nagasaki with slaves. They move 1W onto hill.
Begin to road Wheat near Yakutsk.

Hire geeks in Toyko and Nagoya for happiness reasons.
[IBT]
Russian rArcher picks a fight with Sword and loses (7 of 8).

Kyoto: vMace -> vMace in 3.
Nara: settler -> barracks in 5.

3 0280 AD

Egypt learned Monotheism.

Trespassers
None.

Move 12 units (6 catapults, 1 eSpear, 2 eSword and 3 vSwords) onto Russia's Horse resource 2SE of St. Petersburg.
Reset ship chain.

Workers
Irrigate 1S of Shimonoseki.
Russian slaves start a hilly road 1W of Nagasaki.
Settlers head to Edo.

Engineering in 20 turns.
[IBT]
Our English Ex wants to yell at us and tell us how bad we are. We prepare to listen.

Well, the old bat surprises us and says she wants peace. Peace for peace, no haggling. She doesn't look as witchy as normal, which is good. We still have all 21 of our appendages, which is even better. We want to keep all those body parts so we do not agree to her peace offering, even when she is willing to give us Hastings. We keep our clothes on and do not make peace with England.

Osaka: vMace -> vMace in 4.
Nagoya: settler -> settler in 5.

4 0290 AD

Trespassers
None.

vSword swats Russian Archrer (8 of 9).
Advance towards Moscow.

Two vMaces fortify 1SW of Yokohama.

No units to ship chain.

Workers
Hire a geek in Yokohama.
Three settlers hike to Edo.
[IBT]
Kill Archer from Moscow with vSword (9 of 10).
Lose that Sword to a second archer from Novgorod (9 of 11).

Nagasaki: library -> vGalley in 10.

5 0300 AD

Trespassers
England dropped of a vSword 1NE of Osaka (hill).

Move 2 Maces into Osaka.

Move next to Moscow.

vSword hacks down Russian Archer, avenging the Sword we lost just now (10 of 12).

Workers
Hill roaded 1NW of Tokyo; worker helps the mine.
Start to irrigate another plain near Shimonoseki and Matsuyama.
Mine at Egyptian border completed, now mine 1N of Edo.
Ship chain 2 settlers into Matsuyama.
[IBT]
English Sword mangles a Mace in Osaka (10 of 13).

Toyko: vMace -> vMace in 5.
Edo: aqueduct -> market in 12.
Squash a resister in Yakutsk (finally!).
Sapporo: walls -> library in 80.

Spain is building Sistine Chapel (Theology).

6 0310 AD

Trespassers
English 2/3 Sword 1NE of Osaka (hill).
English vSword 1NE of Shimonoseki.
English vSword 1N of St. Petersburg (forest).

vMace from Kyoto clobbers Sword near Osaka (11 of 14).
eSword is slaugthered by Sword in the forest at St. Petersburg (11 of 15).
vSword eliminates the Sword in the forest (12 of 16).

Reset ship chain.

Moscow (4) capital
Catapults ping 3 Spears.
Archer shoots and wounds eSword, which then falls to rSword (12 of 17).
vSword smashes 2/3 Spear (13 of 18).
vSword is smashed by 2/3 Spear (13 of 19).
vSword buries 2/3 Spear (14 of 20).
vSword stomps 2/4 Spear (15 of 21).
eSpear is bested by rArcher(15 of 22). Well, it was our last attacker vs. their last defender.
And we have two healthy Swords and 6 catapults for next turn.

Workers
Hire a geek at Yakutsk.
Road 1N of Satsuma done, help the mine.
Mine the grass 1SE of Sapporo.
[IBT]
We lose 2 vSwords to English Swords (15 of 24).

Yokohama: settler -> catapult in 5.

7 0320 AD

Trespassers
English vSWord 1N of St. Petersburg (forest).
English 1/4 Sword 1NE of Shimonoseki.

Moscow (4) capital, round 2
Catapults hit 4 of 6 times.
vSword puts down 2/4 Archer (16 of 25).
vSword smites 1/3 Sword (17 of 26).

Good News

Moscow (3) has been liberated from Our Lover. We get no gold (she is a misery old creature) but gain a settler and a worker for a total of 3 slaves. The harbor is intact but the city will starve.
We start on walls, due in 10.

Novgorod becomes the new capital.

We build Hakodate 1S-1SE of St. Petersburg. This is a bit closer to St. Petersburg than I would like but we have no cultural pressure from Russia by building here and we get Horses.

Send an eSword to St. Petersburg.

vSword from Shimonoseki boots 1/4 English Sword from irrigated plains (18 of 27).

Send two vMace and settler towards Edo.

Workers
Mine the hill 1N of Sapporo.
[IBT]
Cleo somehow misunderstands about our boats and kicks them out.

Osaka: vMace -> vMace in 4.
Resistance in Yakutsk ends.
Nara: barracks -> vHorse in 6.

8 0330 AD

Resistance also ended in Moscow.
Galley A and Galley E got booted.

Trespassers
Russian rSpear 1S of St. Petersburg (hill).

Catapults hit and vSword stomps Russian rSpear (19 of 28).

We rebuild our ship chain.

Move Sword back into Shimonoseki.

Workers
New slaves move 1SE of St. Petersburg, to road.
Irrigate another plain around Matsuyama.
Two workers 1N of Edo, grass mine completed, head to Kyoto to improve the northwestern hills.
Hills 1NW of Tokyo are mined, send those three Workers towards the hill 2NE of Nagoya, to mine and road.
[IBT]
Cleo gets all up in our face about our boats. Well, if we can move Maces this next turn we can be 'nice' for a bit.

Nagoya: settler -> settler in 5.

9 0340 AD

Somehow Ivory got connected this IBT. Madrid built a harbor. We must tell Isabella, our beloved and chesty wife, thanks.

Trespassers

Ship chain 2 Maces to Matsumaya.

Workers
Three workers get positioned near Nagoya.
Road 1W of Nagasaki done, move slaves to 1N of Nagasaki, same task.
Two workers get prepped NW of Kyoto.
Slaves road 1SW of St. Petersburg, to connect to Hakodate.
Road the mountain 1SE of Yakutsk with one slave.

With our new Ivory happiness, fire the clown in Kyoto.
Fire the geek in Tokyo.
Fire the geek in Rostov.
[IBT]
France is building Sun Tzu's Art of War (Feudalism).

10 0350 AD

Trespassers
Russian rArcher 1SE of Hakodate (marsh).

Catapults in Hakodate redline the Russian Archer.
vSword mashes it into the marsh (20 of 29).

Reset ship chain.

Maces move to 1NE of Rostov, on a hill.

Mace arrives and fortifies 1W of Kagoshima. A second Mace is in Kagoshima, ready to defend that hill and a third is just east the city, heading for the same hill.

Workers
Mine the hill 2NE of Nagoya.
Hill mined 1N of Satsuma, send those two workers to 1SE of Kyoto to mine that hill.
Road the hill 1N of Nagasaki.
Move 4 slaves onto unimproved plains 1NW of Matsuyama, to irrigate and road.
Mine the hill 1N-1NW of Kyoto.

And the save is attached.

Attachments

• .Tusk01_AD_0350_End.SAV
    177.5 KB · Views: 52
Sorry to take so long on these ten turns. Life wasn't nearly as Civ-Friendly as I had thought it might be these last two weeks.

Japan 350 AD Russian Expansion
Spoiler :

Yakutsk (not shown) and Moscow used to belong to Our Lover Russia but are now ours and ours alone. We built Hakodate to get the Horses.

Random Stuff

Our losses were higher than I expected and our offensive has fizzled out. We have moved 2 Maces across our inland sea but we need more before we can continue. We have three cities training Maces, Kyoto, Tokyo and Osaka. Nara is building our first vHorse but due to its rapid growth potential, a market might be better. Satsuma will finish its aqueduct this IBT and it could make Horsemen next.

We have 2 Maces 1SW of Yokohama to repsond to any French silliness. One Mace is 1W of Kagoshima, with two more Maces nearby ready to join him.

We appear to have plenty of settlers. We have 6 at the moment; three 1SE of Edo, 2 1NE of Rostov and 1 in Moscow. We need to keep one near Kyoto for when we kill Our Lover, we must raze our capital. We can rebuild it but its glory will be gone. This won't happen anytime soon, not in the next turnset anyway, but it is something to be aware of.

We can build Forbidden Palace, which would help with our corruption. Do we want to build it ourselves or rush with an MGL?

If Egypt gets more uptight and priggish about our boats in her waters, we can ship chain to the south, from Edo towards Yakutsk and up around to Novogord. With careful placement we can avoid leaving ships inside Spanish waters too. The downside is that we lose several turns moving ships into place.

England has started sending units our way but only single units. The Sword 1N of St. Petersburg has been there for several turns, fortified in that forest, because we have been too weak to force the issue. Not only is the Sword fortified in the forest, it is across a river from St. Petersburg. To negate the river bonus, we would have to move one defender out of St. Petey, which leaves one unit to defend. Too risky.

We can build two cities near St. Petersburg, 2NW (hill) and 2E (grass). Going 2NW puts Rostov safely out of the reach of the English and procects our road network in the area. Going 2W brings us closer to York and shelters Moscow. We have Settlers to do this, but to defend these cities we slow our offense even more.

Five catapults are in Hakodate, near St. Petersburg. Another is in Moscow. All could be used in the upcoming assualts on Novgorod and Yaroslav'l. I think we should take these two cities before we focus on our English Ex. They aren't good cities and maybe we should raze and replace. But it does give us a single battle front once they are gone.

Military
06 Settler
11 Worker
12 Slaves
02 Warrior
06 Archer
04 Spear
14 Swords
06 Catapult
06 Galley
07 Maces

Current Units: 62
Allowed Units: 44
Support Costs: 18 gpt

Engineering in 12 turns, 220 gold, +14 gpt.

Nice Progress.

I see we got 20 Swords and Maces, which is plenty enough to get rid of an Emperor AI in its last death throes. Lots of them are wasted on unnecessary Garrision duty, where I will try to free them up by producing a few pikes. in between.

Also I agree that we have an overabandunt offer of settlers while we severly miss workers. There are lots of unmined hills in our core which should be worked. I will try to switch production here.

I will try to play in the afternonn, to leave it for the next player over the weekend.

The Short:

Our southern front is cleared, Novgorod and Yaroslavl have fallen.
we are starting to mount an offensive against England which should be possible in 3 turns or so.
We researched Engineering which I traded for Mono, Chiv and other favors. we have an RoP with Spain and Egypt, to avoid this annoying bouncing. Spains is alo allied with us in our wars which will hopefully get rid of these southern cities for us.

I started building Libs almost everywhere as we have a bit too much cultural pressure for my liking. Also we have enough Attacking units right now for the wars we are leading.

We should also decide where our new Capital should be situated and shift settlers from our Capital to that city accordingly.

Turnlog
Spoiler :
Preturn:

Check state of our army and find it in little groups all over our Empire. Lots of Maces and swords are stuck in passive garrison duty. Decide to produce a few pikes, to feree them up, which should give us the force to remedy the russian situation in the next turnset at latest.

Also we are spending citizens on scientists and clowns which could work productive squares, while we still making surplus money. Raise Lux to 10% and remedy the situation. Kyoto and Tokyo can now produce 2 turn pikes.

Switch Nagoya to workers as we have enough settlers for now.

Turn1:
Battle for StP:
5 Pults ping 2 english swords near StP
vMI kills rSw(1 HP) on Mountain -1 hp (1/1)
ESw kills rSw(2) in Forest -2hp (2/2-1 elite Victory)

Battle for Shimonoseki
vSw kills rAr -2 HP (3/3)
vSw kills rSw -3 HP (4/4)

Battle for Novgorod advanced souting taskforce
Pult pings a spear
vSw kills rSp(2) (5/5)

Finally there are no enemy units in sight, meaning we can savely pull out all those suckers guarding empty cities.

Found Ise 2E of StP next to Cow

Turn2:
2 english Swords have appeared near Shimonoseki, Shuffling a few units over from the mainland. to have better cover

Found Toyana 2N of StP

Shuffle 6 Pults, 5 Sw and 1 MI next to Novgorod which should be falling next turn.

Turn 3:
English swords shift towards newly founded Toyana
Battle for Novgorod:
6 Pults produce 4 hits, 3 Spears are defending.
Combat calculator tells me the odds are 99% with a loss of 0.6 units so I go for the kill
vMI dies on rSp(2) and promotes (2 HP left) (5/6)
vSw dies on rSp(2) 1Hp left (5/7)
vSw kills vSp(2) and promotes (6/8)
vSw kills rAr and promotes (7/9)
vSw kills rSp(1) and promotes (8/10)
vSw kills rSp(1) and promotes (9/11)

Novgorod has fallen and the Capital jumps to Yekaterinburg. Unfortunately Russia isn't willing to part from Vladivostok for peace, so we need to push forward. The two losses were unfortunate, in oth cases I reduced the defender to 1 Hp and tehn took 4 consecutive hits. But on the positive side we have 4 new elites.

Defense on the English Front
VSw kills rSw (10/12)

Turn4:
Tzzzz

Turn5:
Egypt once more bounces us. Dont know why that happens she should be happy as long as we only keep Galleys in her border. I think in the next trade we might want to include a RoP.
English rSw dies eSw (11/13-2eV)

Place Fukushima near Egyptian Incense and start building a temple.

Turn 6-7
Tzzzzz

Turn 8:
2 pults ping russian rSw
eSw kills rSw(1) (12/14-3eV)
vMi kills rAr (13/15)

Turn 9:
We finally gain engineering. I Go running to the wife immediately and she decides to shower me with favours in return. After we get out of the shower, she even throws Monotheism and some gold and gpt plus some lawyers top help against that exes of ours on top.
Alliance vs. Russian and english + 20 + 15 gpt + Mono for Engineering.

There was even gpt available, but I decided to play by the rules and get her into as many alliances as possible.

Afterwards I go have a coffee with the old girlfriend and for memorys sake trade Engineering for Chivalry and RoP. I assume since RoP is doublesided it is ok as an even deal.

I set research to Invention and go forward.

Turn 10:
Defense: rSw dies on eSw (14/16)

Battle for Yaroslavl
Pults ping 2 Spears to the bare bone, the sword has just jumped the walls and is standing out in the open looking in horror at the Slaughter about to happen.
eSw kills rSp(1) (15/17-4eV)
eSw kills rSp(1) (16/18-5eV)

Yaroslavl Falls
I decide I dont like cowards and take out the sword too.
eSw kills rSw (17/19-6eV)

Attachments

• LadiesFirst_0450AD.SAV
    197.7 KB · Views: 68
Ah and there are 2 unmoved settlers near Novgorod in case we want to settle the swamplands there. I don't really know what to do otherwise, but it seemd a waste either way.

Elephantium
CommandoBob
Kulko - just played
LKendter - up!
MrRandomGuy - on deck

If MrRandomGuy wants to swap, let us know.

I see it, but I can't touch it until Sunday. The next two days are crazy.

Good turns, Kulko. It occurred to me to fiddle with the luxury slider but I never did; the thought just came and went ('Yeah, I aughtta dothat!' followed by 'There's a squirrel!'). I am glad you corrected that.

We should also decide where our new Capital should be situated and shift settlers from our Capital to that city accordingly.
We can use CivAssistII to help with that and 'seed' our new capital with enough units to force it to become the new capital when Kyoto gets razed. I have that, but not on my wife's laptop (her laptop = Civ3 Free Zone; my PC = scrapbook free zone; it is a fair arrangement).

Also we should probably switch one city back to samurais in order to start our golden age soon.

Swapping works out. I'm going to be on vacation away from my computer from the 20th-25th. If I start now I should be done by Sunday if that's ok with everyone.

2 turns in and one of our elite swordsman has produced a great leader.

How should we use this leader? Do we want an army that might become outdated? Or do we want to rush the FP somewhere?

I would say a samurai army will be quite fine for the rest of the game. The FP will not take too long.

0: 450 AD

Assesment:

Everything looks good for us. We have eliminated the core Russian homeland and can easily conquer the English for now. I'm thinking we go ahead and conquer English territory then conquer the northern Russian city. The horses by Canterbury can pose a small threat if allowed to be used so I'm sending in a few units to stand there and assess the strength of the city.

After invasion by land we will need to go around Spain to get to the last Russian and English city. I decide to go ahead and sign a ROP agreement with Spain so that she won't complain about being in her territory. With a gracious attitude, we could ask her to ally in our wars. However that seems unnecessary for the moment because we have Elizabeth and Catherine on their knees before us.

2: 470 AD

York is captured. I kill a redline swordsman outside York with an elite swordsman and produce a great leader. The leader is sent to build an army with the plan to fill the army with Samurai soldiers that are currently being made in our core cities.

6: 510 AD

At this point I look to the south of Spain and notice they have taken both England and Russian cities there. A quick look at the diplomacy screen shows that Isabella is at war with both. Convenient for us since we don't have to send units there quite yet.

7: 520 AD

Hastings falls to our glorious armies. Canterbury *almost* falls but the last red line spearman manages to hold the city. I decide to leave Canterbury alone until Russia and the other cities are absorbed into our empire. I probably should have kept those soldiers on standby until it was the final city but thought it could be taken. I did manage to prevent the English from sending settlers over there (possibly to boost the population, idk what they were doing) so it was not all for nothing.

9: 540 AD

IBT: Notification of French and Egypt building Sistene Chapel

Summary:

The war campaign continues to go well. We have a ROP with Spain because I thought it would be needed to pass through her empire to get to the final Russian and English city. However, it is no longer needed and should be cancelled when the opportunity arises (unless the team feels like it should be kept after 20 turns.) Spain has sent spearmen to the north to possibly disrupt English and Russian improvements. She nearly sent her UU up north, but I stopped that with a slave barricade. Help is nice, but when you don't need it the help could be more bothersome than helpful.

London should fall within the next turn. After that head to the final Russian city to kill Catherine. Once that's done head to the final English city to kill Elizabeth.

A few more worthy notes: The Russians sent an archer towards Hastings. I killed it, but Hastings might flip back to the English. To counter that possibility I sent the army that currently has only 1 samurai close by just in case. The yellow swordsman won't be enough to capture the city if that happens.

There is a horsemen fortified in Moscow that can now be moved out of the city and to the war front. I kept that horsemen there because the English kept sending swordsmen and spearmen in that general area by sea. I don't think they will continue trying that with their empire in shambles.

Attachments

• LadiesFirst_0550AD.SAV
    200.8 KB · Views: 87
Top Bottom